Michael Myers returns..and so do we....19 Fabulous nights of HHN, RP & SF Sept/Oct 2018

Oh how lovely!!!

For some reason we’ve never done that tour and really doesn’t take that long for us to get there we are not that far away.......I’ve only heard good things about it from anyone that’s gone to see it. And most people absolutely rave about it....even those few non Potter fans!

London is lovely........have you made many plans to see lots of different things there?? There is so much to see and do, we love London but again, don’t really go in to town that often.

London Eye we liked a lot........:thumbsup2
We are planning of seeing all the highlights. We're going to do the London Eye but apparently, you don't have to make those reservations too far in advance. I'd love to do a food tour too. I'm not a huge fan of HP but my travel buddies are.

We were disappointed in the lack of characters at the SA dining too and we only saw Igor, punk vampire, Lady Liberty and the wicked witch who was a hoot. I also made my opinion known on the survey. They also told us the houses were open for us when they were not...maybe to make us leave earlier to make way for more diners. Probably will not do it again.

I agree about the heat ...it was the hottest I can remember in all our years of going in September :sunny::sunny::sunny::faint:

I vote we bring back RHPS too....let's do the time warp again :dogdance:

I`d never get him out of here now!!!! And I had to disturb him to put the hairdryer on...…..then I wanted the chair to straighten my hair......I think I may have been a little annoying with this...…..lol...…..he does love Star Wars...………..

He was watching Phantom Menace... even I hate that movie! LOL

We are planning of seeing all the highlights. We're going to do the London Eye but apparently, you don't have to make those reservations too far in advance. I'd love to do a food tour too. I'm not a huge fan of HP but my travel buddies are.

We walked straight on the London Eye two years ago late November.......so yes, no need to do that way in advance.....

Never done a food tour in London, should be fun though......and I’m sure you’ll still enjoy the Potter tour.

Think we might go in the New Year sometime.

We were disappointed in the lack of characters at the SA dining too and we only saw Igor, punk vampire, Lady Liberty and the wicked witch who was a hoot. I also made my opinion known on the survey. They also told us the houses were open for us when they were not...maybe to make us leave earlier to make way for more diners. Probably will not do it again.

I agree about the heat ...it was the hottest I can remember in all our years of going in September :sunny::sunny::sunny::faint:

I vote we bring back RHPS too....let's do the time warp again :dogdance:

Yep, we wouldn’t consider it again........I’m still not sure if it’s me, or not.....but Lady Liberty? There must have been a reason for her being there........although I think I may have a picture of a stilt walker looking like that maybe last year or year before?? Yes, the witch was good as was the vampire.......I did write that.

So you didn’t see Sam from Trick r Treat?? He was kind of the star of our time there......lol.......only one we truly recognised..........

Oh my goodness the heat was something else wasn’t it!!! We said the same thing.....never known a month like it.....

I think RHPS would be massively popular if they brought it back!!!!

He was watching Phantom Menace... even I hate that movie! LOL

Lol.......you know Tom.......if a film has the name “star” “alien” or anything similar........he’s in!!!

I had no clue what movie it was.......only movie I ever liked Liam Neeson in was Love Actually........every other one of his always seem to involve being chased or chasing or something similarly exhausting!!

Tom laughs when I say I haven’t the energy to watch some of his movies..........:rotfl:

Lady Liberty is from The Purge...we didn't see Sam and were disappointed when we found out that he was supposed to be there...it took forever for the ones that were there to come around.

We walked straight on the London Eye two years ago late November.......so yes, no need to do that way in advance.....

Never done a food tour in London, should be fun though......and I’m sure you’ll still enjoy the Potter tour.

Think we might go in the New Year sometime.
One of my travel buddies is a photographer. So, if there's any interest, maybe I'll do a mini trip report about it. I'm soooo excited!! Oh and, Happy Belated Birthday Beautiful Lady!!!!

Lady Liberty is from The Purge...we didn't see Sam and were disappointed when we found out that he was supposed to be there...it took forever for the ones that were there to come around.

The Purge? Never knew that..........

So I wonder if that’s where I saw the stilt Lady Liberty........I must search for the picture I’m sure I had.......

What a shame you missed Sam!!! He really was quite creepy......I just wish our pictures were better of him putting his face right up to mine........then when he walked away he turned round rather sinisterly.......that was one of three good points.......the others being the witch and vampire guy.........

One of my travel buddies is a photographer. So, if there's any interest, maybe I'll do a mini trip report about it. I'm soooo excited!! Oh and, Happy Belated Birthday Beautiful Lady!!!!

Oh thank you so much........:flower3:

I’m sure many would love to see a mini trip report.......especially if there’s food pictures lol........and your pictures would be amazing I’m sure!!! London is a beautiful city........::yes::

what a terrible experience at the scareactor dinner, I remember you telling us about it. The food looks like what we used to get in the staff canteen in the hotels i worked at. Cannot believe they get people to pay for that!

Tom chose the chicken piece and he said he enjoyed that.....but the other stuff was very poor...….

It doesn't look much different than when we last did it a couple years ago. I agree everything was pretty awful and generally pretty cold.

A woman wandered around with a green dress on and a mask...….we had no clue who she was supposed to be......the table opposite us asked us who she was...….we later found out she was Lady Liberty???????

The Purge would be my guess? But I didn't think that had anything to do with that newer Purge movie, but she was in the scarezone they had last year. No characters in The Purge are really iconic so it's kind of a shame that was one of them.

At this point the family opposite us asked when the other SA were coming out, they were here to see the Stranger Things characters......another family expected the spooky man from Poltergeist and a character from Blumhouse Happy Death Day...…....….they didn't really get an answer...

Very disappointing. The last year we did it there was Michael Myers and Chance, but then there was geisha with a chainsaw and a pumpkinhead guy...

the ten mile trek round the park...….well, maybe it just felt that way...….

No I think you're right :rotfl:

I hated this house. Actually hated it...…..

Tom asked me what I thought of it when we came out...….so I told him...…….

Same here! I didn't like it at all, it's the only one I knew right away I wouldn't go back in. Even Blumhouse I would've considered going in again (if we had more nights at the event) for the Happy Death Day part, but not that one.

I don't have epilepsy or anything even close, but the strobe lighting effects as bad as this house had them, does knock me slightly and that affects my equilibrium at times, so we weren't going to do this one at all.

The strobe and smoke in this house really irritated my eyes. Coming out of it that's really all I remember too. I felt like it was really overdone.

They needed some more cold air circulating...….not pleasant. We still miss The RHPS in this venue.......wish they would bring that back...……best show ever!!!!

I agree, it was so hot in there!

what a terrible experience at the scareactor dinner, I remember you telling us about it. The food looks like what we used to get in the staff canteen in the hotels i worked at. Cannot believe they get people to pay for that!

That`s exactly what it was like...…..actually the staff restaurants wherever I used to work had much better food and was presented better!!!

It was awful and I know a lot of folks who did complain, so not sure if it`ll change as it seems to have been like this since it started!!!

It doesn't look much different than when we last did it a couple years ago. I agree everything was pretty awful and generally pretty cold.

The Purge would be my guess? But I didn't think that had anything to do with that newer Purge movie, but she was in the scarezone they had last year. No characters in The Purge are really iconic so it's kind of a shame that was one of them.

Very disappointing. The last year we did it there was Michael Myers and Chance, but then there was geisha with a chainsaw and a pumpkinhead guy...

No I think you're right :rotfl:

Same here! I didn't like it at all, it's the only one I knew right away I wouldn't go back in. Even Blumhouse I would've considered going in again (if we had more nights at the event) for the Happy Death Day part, but not that one.

The strobe and smoke in this house really irritated my eyes. Coming out of it that's really all I remember too. I felt like it was really overdone.

I agree, it was so hot in there!

I haven't seen anyone say they had a good experience at the dining experience...…..geisha with a chainsaw????? Odd.

Oh the walks were dreadful.....and I agree about Blumhouse…...we said we would probably do it again just to see HDD again if we were round that way and EP was a walk on...….but how could they get it so wrong with the purge!

I`m glad I never did that house, but I did struggle with the smoke in Poltergeist.....for some reason every time we went in that one I would cough for ages.....he other houses smoke effect didn't do that...….

So enjoying your report, as always. :goodvibes

Tickled that you both found ABC Liquors recently (2 TRs ago, I think?) That's where I shop for nice bottles of wine or gifts for others. So can you imagine the willpower I must have? We have one less than 1/4 mile away from our house! It's a great store. :woohoo:

I truly don't understand what UO is thinking with these SA dinner events - they do all this elaborate stuff everywhere else - and skimp on the one event true their loyal HHN fans would love and look forward to. How hard is it to put a few more people in costume to wander around? How hard is it to provide a tasty spread? We're not talking about ANY costly or difficult changes here - and they've gotten this negative feedback year after year. It's almost like they know, don't care and just aim for the "one and done" crowd. I expect a pure money grab like this from (ahem... other park I love and frequent) but UO - you're better than that!

At this point, I say stick the darn SA dinner in the "Fast & Furious" building and combine it with a bonus F&F ride - they deserve each other. :rotfl:

I think for me, that is one of the scariest moments in the original movie!!!! Spooked the boots off of me!!!!!

i-mTvxqwS-XL.jpg

i-t5Vf3f3-XL.jpg

The exterior of King`s Cross is lovely...…..well, it`s cute......you have the fake frontage of the hotel and entrance to Diagon Alley and the purple knight bus.....some folks don't realise you can go in and see the beds area at the back of the bus...but it`s a cute little bit, and looks identical to the bus in the movies...….

i-xh9jjzj-XL.jpg

Diagon Alley is beautiful...…..it truly is a spectacular place to enter and never fails to impress whenever we go in this area...…..and during HHN it tends to be a little bit quieter than usual.....although it did get a little busier later on...…..the little bar area does get people sitting and having a drink and a little breather from the madness of outside......and it did feel a little mad tonight......it was certainly busier than other Sundays we had gone too. We tended to avoid Saturdays for many years...….it just gets too busy and too crowded, and we could go many other nights so it didn't feel as though we were missing out too much...…..

We tell everyone to make sure they listen to the bricks move around as you enter...……..

i-D2dzRSN-XL.jpg

i-f3S4mht-XL.jpg

I couldn't remember if we had seen the dragon breathe fire tonight...…..we didn't really pay attention to it...….it is cool to see it breathe at night as opposed to daylight hours......and not as many people around this time of night.

i-jkZ5wBT-XL.jpg

i-sgw7j4R-XL.jpg

i-2qsJqZf-XL.jpg

We did go in and do Gringotts tonight......the line was non existant…...and we had no camera as we had left it in the bag.....which was in the locker....so we didn't take any pictures of the line which would have been lovely as there was no one in the way of anything...….will remember that for next year!!! But, we took our time and spotted a few little things that we had missed before...…..

The ride itself was as usual, a lot of fun, we were on the front row and only had two or three other people on with us......….I just wish the so called drop at the beginning was deeper......but, the rest of the ride you are basically whooshed around for a little bit.....it is a decent ride, but so wished it had been a proper coaster...……

i-tgF7C4d-XL.jpg

Next up was Knockturn Alley...…..it was busy tonight!!!! Almost as busy as during the day, we really didn't expect it to be as bad in here...….we wouldn't spend too long in here tonight...…..

But, at least it was cool to the point of being cold.....and we were loving that part...……

i-VkPnDxd-XL.jpg

Borgin and Burkes is a unique little store......full of curios and the weirdest of items to admire and purchase...….there are a lot of interesting items in the store...….a few you cannot miss!!!

i-sLpHjqx-XL.jpg

As we headed out we saw the sign reflected on the wall very visible and it was about to change...we hadn't got a decent picture of it before, so we jumped at the chance to try again......they didn't come out too bad.

i-RBVJGDs-XL.jpg

i-TPgkFbn-XL.jpg

i-NZkQnDN-XL.jpg

By now we were thirsty again......not hungry yet, surprisingly, but ready for some water...…..so we stopped off and got a bottle each and had a little sit down opposite Lombards.

i-tMsbZKX-XL.jpg

We thought we might go to Finnegans for a drink, we liked their cocktails...….so we headed that way and as we went to walk into the bar area we were directed to go in the other door...…..so, they had a line just to get to the bar for a drink, and the line was long...…..we didn't bother...….I wasn't that keen to have a drink...……..wasn't keen on this system at all...….when it was just the regular way, everyone got served.....we saw so many just leave the line...…..bad idea.

We went back out and spent some time in the Vamp zone and then did Poltergeist and Scary Tales...…..I have no recollection of the wait times, but we got in both in around 10 minutes.....maybe slightly longer than 10 for Scary Tales...…….love these houses but there is something in Poltergeist. Well more exactly the smoke effect as you go in at first...…...other houses didn't have the same effect on me, but it made me cough and my eyes were itchy......ever time we went in that house....not sure what was different but it did smell different from the others.

These houses were so good tonight...…..but the line seemed to have a lot of little children tonight...…..no strollers in line that we saw tonight in this one, but several toddlers and one who was trying to sleep in his dad`s arms.....maybe 4 or 5 years old.

We held back a little as I don't want to be going through a house and seeing kids that age.

They were good though...….Poltergeist was so much fun, and Scary Tales was phenomenal......it`s one I wasn't sure about before we went in, but it was amazing......especially if you like the Wizard of Oz...…..and this house had some lovely aromas.....although I have to be honest and say I didn't actually notice first time round!!!! Oops.

We exited and went over to the bar area beside TF ride and Monsters café...…although this picture was taken on the Friday night...…...we did buy our souvenir glasses tonight with the cocktail...…..I do like the glass...….the drink, not so much......it could have been coloured sugar water...…..but, you`ve got to get the special drink every year...…..yep!!!!!

i-HkjPVpQ-XL.jpg

This Christmas store isn't anywhere near as big or as well stocked as the one in IOA but they do have a lady that does the personalized stuff if you wanted that too...…..and it had that beautiful Christmas aroma permeating around...…..

i-zgzt8J3-XL.jpg

It wasn't the worst drink I have ever had though...……it wasn't bad to be honest. We did plan to drink these and then head home...……..

i-nNr7gvC-XL.jpg

We did think about going on RRR before we headed home...…..but, we were whooped...…..I truly think the heat was hitting us hard this time, it was beyond hot still tonight, but at least now there was a little breeze blowing.....but so slightly you would hardly notice...….but, what a ride this is...…...we love RRR but decided to wait until it was daylight and we were fully awake...…...

i-z3TQmv2-XL.jpg

i-Vh7WRLS-XL.jpg

Citywalk is splendid at night...…….so many lights and attractions to shine in the dark...…...The screen fron NBC alone would light up the whole area when it goes white...…..but, we took a couple of pictures and then headed for the boat. And there was no wait for us...……

i-Qpq3Cv7-XL.jpg

i-r9nrmhw-XL.jpg

And the reason it was quiet was quite depressing...…….the boat Captain explained we were the inbetween group...…..a lot of young families had already headed back to the hotels...…..but the regular HHN crowd hadn't exited yet...…..not quite sure where that left us!!!!

The boat was half empty, but we were so lucky though......we thought we had seen some lighting, and when we got on the boat the Capt told us this was the last boat for a while, till the lightning moved further away...…..I was so glad we made it as I was shattered and didn't want to walk any more tonight.

We fancied something to eat but didn't feel like sitting in a restaurant or bar as we felt incredibly in need of a shower...…..so we went to Jake`s and got some crawfish chowder each to take away...….that was about all we felt ready for as we were tired and hot......but needed some food.

It was perfect...…...the crawfish chowder is amazing!!!! And one of their staples on the menu...…..we had been told whenever there are menu changes, the only two items guaranteed not to change are the pretzel rods and the chowder...….I`m not surprised, it is beautiful...….and worthy of four times the price!!!! As we left we saw the rain had started and looked heavy. Glad we were home.

Turndown had as always been so we had plenty more water to put in the fridge...….although we did devour a load before we had the soup...….we also poured ourselves a good sized rum with ginger beer and lime...….absolutely our drink of choice...……..

And it was lovely. We didn't get any pictures but it came with little packs of crackers and all the cutlery you need...….so we sat on the bed like we were having a little picnic......the crackers weren't to our taste so we put some Lays bbq potato chips on a plate and had some of them too...….it was delicious. TV was on, but have no clue what were watching...…..

By the time we had showers and had some more water, it was after midnight...…..if we hadn't have been so tired we would have ordered some cupcakes off the special HHN menu...…..

The desserts sounded quite nice......I love strawberries and Tom loves cupcakes...…..but, we were ready to sleep now.

i-Sqtgt5K-XL.jpg

Again I opened the drapes a little and watched the purple of Dr Doom as again, it was also still raining which I hated to see for everyone still at HHN. I drifted off in those wonderful beds. We didn`t even say Goodnight to each other...…..

Tomorrow was park time and trying out the rooftop bar at Aventura...…..

So enjoying your report, as always. :goodvibes

Tickled that you both found ABC Liquors recently (2 TRs ago, I think?) That's where I shop for nice bottles of wine or gifts for others. So can you imagine the willpower I must have? We have one less than 1/4 mile away from our house! It's a great store. :woohoo:

I truly don't understand what UO is thinking with these SA dinner events - they do all this elaborate stuff everywhere else - and skimp on the one event true their loyal HHN fans would love and look forward to. How hard is it to put a few more people in costume to wander around? How hard is it to provide a tasty spread? We're not talking about ANY costly or difficult changes here - and they've gotten this negative feedback year after year. It's almost like they know, don't care and just aim for the "one and done" crowd. I expect a pure money grab like this from (ahem... other park I love and frequent) but UO - you're better than that!

At this point, I say stick the darn SA dinner in the "Fast & Furious" building and combine it with a bonus F&F ride - they deserve each other. :rotfl:

Thank you so much shh...……..Yes, it is quite new to us, we used to go to Total wine all the time, but we buy someone a gift every visit and they stopped stocking it....so that was why we discovered ABC...…...it is a good store......and unlike prices in the UK everything is a bargain!!!!! We would be alcoholics......lol......yes, I can imagine living as close I`d be regular visitor...….we have some lovely local little specialist liquor and wine stores near us and although very expensive, they have some beautiful products...….

Yes, it was awful...….and yes, I agree they are better than that...…..maybe it will improve, I have no clue, but we`ll never recommend it to anyone.

That is a very funny idea with F&F......lol.....unusual.....but funny...…...:thumbsup2

I'm quietly enjoying your trip report and it's getting me even more excited about our very first stay at RPR in about 3 weeks! Your last post has me seeking your advice since you seem to be experts on this hotel. :teeth: We will probably be arriving to RPR close to 10pm, and might be too tired to actually sit down at a restaurant to grab a bite to eat. After reading that you got chowder to take out from Jake's it made me think that we could do the same and just take it back to the room with us. Is this completely normal and do we just go right up to the hostess and ask? Thanks so much!

I'm quietly enjoying your trip report and it's getting me even more excited about our very first stay at RPR in about 3 weeks! Your last post has me seeking your advice since you seem to be experts on this hotel. :teeth: We will probably be arriving to RPR close to 10pm, and might be too tired to actually sit down at a restaurant to grab a bite to eat. After reading that you got chowder to take out from Jake's it made me think that we could do the same and just take it back to the room with us. Is this completely normal and do we just go right up to the hostess and ask? Thanks so much!

:welcome: melissa723..........I’m so glad you posted! And I’m so happy to know you are enjoying this one.......

Yes, Jake’s do takeout. Anything on the menu you can have to go. You tell the hostess you are going to order takeout and they’ll direct you to the bar behind her and you order and pay them.

The menu online right now isn’t as up to date as it should be.......most things are there, but the prosciutto flatbread has been replaced with something else........I was disappointed as I had planned to get that first night.......

But, plenty of good options for you and your family.......chicken wings, crawfish chowder and the meat pizza are just a few of our favourites!

Hope you enjoy the rest of the report........and hope you love RPR.......would love to hear your impressions of what really is our home from home when you get back.........:wave2:

:welcome: melissa723..........I’m so glad you posted! And I’m so happy to know you are enjoying this one.......

Yes, Jake’s do takeout. Anything on the menu you can have to go. You tell the hostess you are going to order takeout and they’ll direct you to the bar behind her and you order and pay them.

The menu online right now isn’t as up to date as it should be.......most things are there, but the prosciutto flatbread has been replaced with something else........I was disappointed as I had planned to get that first night.......

But, plenty of good options for you and your family.......chicken wings, crawfish chowder and the meat pizza are just a few of our favourites!

Hope you enjoy the rest of the report........and hope you love RPR.......would love to hear your impressions of what really is our home from home when you get back.........:wave2:

Thank you so much! The one thing (besides grabbing a quick on the go breakfast with a 9 year old) I was having a tough time with was figuring out what to do about eating on our arrival night, and now you've solved it without even knowing you were doing it! We stayed at CBR last year and they had the food court, but we decided to upgrade this time and now there's no more food court.

And I just love all of your trip reports! I've been reading behind the scenes for a while now. You both seem like such fun and friendly people, and I will definitely let you know what we thought of RP when we get back. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter