Michael Myers returns..and so do we....19 Fabulous nights of HHN, RP & SF Sept/Oct 2018

Thank you so much! The one thing (besides grabbing a quick on the go breakfast with a 9 year old) I was having a tough time with was figuring out what to do about eating on our arrival night, and now you've solved it without even knowing you were doing it! We stayed at CBR last year and they had the food court, but we decided to upgrade this time and now there's no more food court.

And I just love all of your trip reports! I've been reading behind the scenes for a while now. You both seem like such fun and friendly people, and I will definitely let you know what we thought of RP when we get back. :)

You are so welcome Melissa! Glad to help.......

And thank you so much for the lovely compliments :) I take all compliments!!!

I’m always glad to hear folks like the reports, it does mean a lot.......and yes, will look forward to your thoughts.........:-)

All caught up - wonderful as always! Your dinner at the Palm looked amazing!!! Might need to add that to my list of "must do's"!!!

All caught up - wonderful as always! Your dinner at the Palm looked amazing!!! Might need to add that to my list of "must do's"!!!

Thanks Cyndi.........(autocorrect wants to call you Candi lol)

Glad you are enjoying it........

The Palm is so good! Food and service are top notch.......I know you’d love it!

MONDAY SEPTEMBER 17TH

Another night where we slept like babies!!! And we felt quite awake this morning when we did come to life...…..we actually put the tv on to the weather channel this morning as it was quite early...…..too early to get up really, but when you`re awake, you`re awake...…...and the weather woman was a bundle of fun.....she said it was going to be even hotter today and might be slightly uncomfortable out...…..really!!!! How much hotter could it get...……

I was about make a comment about the heat when Tom reminded me with an annoying smile.....I`m not allowed to complain about it being too hot...…..

Ok, I wouldn't complain...…..much...……..:D I spend all our cold days dreaming about Orlando and how warm it`s going to be.....so now it was actually warmer than Hell on a hot day.....Darn it, I would enjoy it...…….

Showered and dressed we decided to go to the Studios today...…..but first it was downstairs for our usual breakfast...…..and again, always a lovely welcome from everyone in there...….they really are the nicest group of people...…..of course you do get to know some better than others, and some we have known a long time...…..and every year, or every visit, there are always new people to meet.

Breakfast was lovely as usual and we didn't rush and took our time and again, toast with cream cheese and jelly...….whilst Tom looked at it rather odd.....lol.....not really his thing for breakfast! And of course coffee.

We finished and went back up to our room to get sunscreen on and were soon back down and heading for the boat...…..soon as we walked outside, we were met by a genuine wall of humidity.....this was humidity that we hadn't seen in a while, you could see it today...….but, the sun was shining and the sky was beautiful...….we couldn't take a picture yet as the camera fogged up as it was freezing...……it always took a few minutes to warm up.

At the security check the officer played a joke on a little girl directly in front of her......he said she had to have her wand x-rayed, so she put it in the tray...….the guy switched the wand for his same sized stick that he searches through bags with....he handed her the plain wooden stick and asked her what happened to her wand...….her parents were laughing but she promptly burst into tears...…..I hate to say it, but it was funny.....her parents were still laughing too....and her first comment as she was wailing, was will you buy me a new one!!!! The guy handed her the real wand back and she was consoled......she did see the funny side of it by the time we got to Citywalk…...which this morning took a long time.

The boats usually run very regular......and we never have to wait long at times...…..but we eventually thought we might as well walk after a while, I didn't relish the thought to be honest...….but as we were on the verge of leaving a boat appeared. Thankfully!!

So, we were almost first on the boat and I`ve lost track of the amount of times over the years someone has tried to sit on what will be the outside of the door...….it does look like a little seat, but when the door closes, it clearly isn't...…..and today was no different...….a man in front of me sat down and I told him it wasn't a seat.....he obviously didn't believe me as he didn't move...….then when the boat Capt told him he had to move as it wasn't a seat, he did eventually move and actually glared at me as he walked past me......lol...….I did give him a smile that just said...……..

I can hazard a guess at what he was mumbling under his breath about me!!!!

But, we were at Citywalk soon enough and we walked up the path to Studios...….we almost changed our mind on the way and went to IOA but if I`m being really honest, it seemed too far to walk back to the gates of that park.....Studios was right there...….yep, it was that hot!!!

Tom`s AP had it`s little glitch moment and they had to verify his identity again...…..took a few moments...….and we were in one of our favourite places....it didn't look to be too busy this morning which was lovely to see after the hectic crowds of last night...….

We go through the store as always and have a look at what we might purchase for gifts for several people......we buy ourselves things like mugs and the usual HHN stuff but for friends kids and grandkids we take a few little things back every trip......but we have plenty of time to get what we need.....and I see plenty!!!

For HHN and the 80`s theme they had put several old video games in the store......and although I`m not a fan in the slightest of these things....never was and never will be......not my thing......but they do bring back a lot of memories of being a 14 year old hanging with friends who did play them......some of them were incredibly competitive if I remember...……

But they did look like they belonged with this years event...……

i-5Bbs3dt-XL.jpg

I still remember the year Kyle wanted to buy this mask for himself!!! Er, maybe not...…..

i-CgGxmg3-XL.jpg

This was Kyle in 2014 and he scared the living daylights of me moments before we took this picture...…..nice!!!! And he still has the teeshirt hanging behind him in this picture....just the face.....and he loves wearing it!!!

i-R2dZMfn-XL.jpg

So, ride time now...…...our first stop of course is the Minion ride...….simple and fun......I know some people mention motion sickness on this one...but it`s one I have never had trouble on......it`s very different to Simpsons ride which is intolerable to me......but this one is fine.....I think rides with glasses tend not to bother me as much...…..

But, we do love this little ride...…..the pre show is funny as is the next pre show.....and it`s busy......we walked straight on with EP and the regular line was 50 minutes......can`t remember what time it was but still early.

Once seated we have to have the bars lifted again as someone had tried to change seats??? But, the ride is soon going and we laugh all the way around again......this ride was filled with people who were very enthusiastic which was fabulous to see and hear.....gotta love the Minions...…

i-VqSZtXq-XL.jpg

We didn't stop for any pictures with the minions this morning....we had so many of them already...….

RRR was a complete walk on......even asking for the front row we didn't have to wait at all...…...I get so nervous still as this one sets off.....I know I love it, I know it`s fun and I love the first climb, but......my tummy still does cartwheels as we move slowly towards the ascent!!!

And it is fun!!! I love the first drop and it continues to be thrilling most of the way round......but, I do find the latter part quite rough.....maybe rough is too strong a word when you`re at the front, but it does rattle you a little...….Tom loves this one!!!! And whoops and wheeee`s his way all the way round.....I`m sure he must have made one of those hidden camera shows at some point!!!! But, he`s having fun!!!!

We do this only once this morning as I`m always a little worried about knocking my brain too much!!!

It is still quiet this morning...….and there is a tiny little breath of air moving around......not much, but when it hits you it is lovely...….and it did feel incredibly hot again...….we had guessed by now this was going to be a hot trip.....and we were glad of that...…..

Always happy to stop for a picture opportunity as Tom snapped away with his still relatively new camera...…..I think this was his favourite of all our cameras and he certainly preferred it to the large full sized camera...….and easier to carry too.

i-qcQMgHz-XL.jpg

Although we had vowed not to go near the monsters café again, we had to get one of Tom in a classic pose!!! Doesn't everyone do this!!!

i-j9C2Grj-XL.jpg

i-sJVkQJt-XL.jpg

We never go on Jimmy Fallon...….twice was enough...….although the whole walkthrough to get to the ride is fabulous....and you shouldn't miss it......some folks do like it, although I had never heard anyone say they loved it. I guess if you are a JF fan you might like it...…..but as I cannot watch the man in any way shape or form, it certainly wasn't for me. I just don't get him...…..

There is the central area here which is so pretty......but, it is a smokers area, so if you do walk through it you`ll usually encounter some smokers. It is such a lovely area though...….

i-g3q8Lqx-XL.jpg

We love HHN. And this store is a relatively new addition over the last few years...…...it sells basically the same stuff as the stores around the park, but just in it`s own little themed store...….and it`s always got a few things you`d want to either picture or purchase......and staff in there are very enthusiastic about all things Horror nights...…..

i-z4w7jtj-XL.jpg

i-gLTk6Mp-XL.jpg

They do have some lovely displays and always themed for the event and very colourful……..I had loved the one with The Exorcist items and always regretted not buying anything from there.....although that movie was the biggest disappointment of any movie to me when I finally watched it. What a let down!!!! Didn't find it in the least bit scary and seemed a little like a caricature of a real movie! But, many love it...…..I suppose some folks don't find Halloween scary, so each to their own little nightmare themes!

i-WCcTkWW-XL.jpg

i-WFtMVPJ-XL.jpg

i-hp3HhJG-XL.jpg

The Trick r Treat merchandise is so fun!!! Sam is a cool little dude......and we had enjoyed the movie before we left...….and we thought the house was quite true to the movie, although looking back the scare zone last year was incredible...….but we hadn't seen the movie at that point so didn't fully appreciate just how good it was...….looking back at the pictures from last year we had loved that zone! And now understood some of the SA theme from then...….

i-NGQbR43-XL.jpg

We didn't buy anything today but had seen a few things including some tee shirts that we would get for Kyle before going home...….

Heading back out in the sunshine was adorable...…..it was beautiful!!!

i-3wmC83b-XL.jpg

We were going on The Mummy next...…..we love this ride and it has been a favourite for many years...…..we dropped my bag off in the new locker room......this really was so much better than the old lockers......although it was quiet today, but when we had gone in other times on previous trips, it did seem to work better. Of course it depends on the people using them of course!

i-RkS36qP-XL.jpg

The Mummy is a fabulous coaster!!! The theming and coaster element are both excellent. And you can find a nod to the old Kong ride if you look carefully.....We do still go through the EP line, even though the line is showing only 5 minutes......there`s no one in front of us and we walk straight on the front row in a few seconds...…..

This is a fast coaster! I always feel it faster in the mornings, but maybe that's just my imagination......but it`s so much fun......I think the fire effect was missing on one of the times we did it this morning, but neither of us can really remember if it actually was or wasn't on now...….

We do Mummy four times, and get the front row each time......but I think I may try the back row again for air time...….but, hard to beat the front!!! Just an amazing ride all round!!!

And again, we love this area of the park......New York themed with some cool NY style music to enhance the feeling...….we were as usual, too early for the Fabulous Blues Brothers...…..they are really good fun and get everyone singing and dancing along with them...…..well worth watching if you haven't seen it before......before that show, they do have a group of very energetic young kids who do a sing and dance routine and they love some participation from the audience....if you are feeling a little tired, they will zap you to life with the amount of energy they exude!!! Very entertaining...…..they were just setting up that area right now, but we didn't wait.

i-SJwxkxs-XL.jpg

Looking back down the street we marvel at how quiet it is compared to last night...…..so different.

i-t5PHcdR-XL.jpg

And of course our favourite place for pizza in the park......Louie`s...…..such good pizza!!!

i-9w3Kpkr-XL.jpg

F&F for us is another disappointment, only other disappointment is Jimmy Fallon...…..it really did let everyone that expected something more down. In our opinion of course...….some love it......we had heard many young boys of around 5 declare it Awesome!!!!! And we lost Bettlejuice for this!!! Although to be fair I think that was going anyway.

i-DkPkD9M-XL.jpg

We purchased some bottles of water from the store in Richter Burgers......and sat and enjoyed them on the seats of the bar beside Bruce the Shark, it`s called Chez Alcatraz but we call it Bruce`s Bar......for obvious reasons...…...it`s cooler in the seats under the parapet and we can watch the world go by as we sit.....and you do see all sorts of folks in the park......every shape, colour and even Australians (Hi Matt :)) It is a real melting pot of people and over the years we have met and chatted to so many from so many places in not just the US but from all over the world. And almost every one of them have been lovely.....there are always exceptions of course!!

The San Francisco area is beautiful...…..but F&F doesn't seem to enhance the area here much...….not very Bay feeling...…..but Lombards building is stunning and the boats, although very familiar as they have been there forever, are very pretty...……

i-9NCfW7c-XL.jpg

i-7D4qS7J-XL.jpg

I guess I must have pinned my hair up here in the next picture...….it was hot!!

i-DSnCT7K-XL.jpg

i-3Wvbc66-XL.jpg

Coming up.....A little Potter, a daytime scare zone.

So today we were heading out of the park for lunch, so we weren't hanging around and spend the usual amount in Diagon Alley that we usually do.....but we couldn't pass and not enjoy some of the outside attractions...…..

It is so well done........shame there are no three storey purple buses...……that is a form of public transport I`d consider......until then....will stick to a car!!

i-XBCF54R-XL.jpg

i-g36Ms8q-XL.jpg

i-tbZF9M9-XL.jpg

The line to have your picture taken with the conductor was long!!! So we didn't bother waiting....even though the shrunken head is an absolute giggle and very sharp......they are a good double act!!! Well worth the time if you haven't done it before. But, you have to check out the inside of the rear of the bus......identical in every way to the bus in the movie...….

i-X8VzntD-XL.jpg

i-pt5qxNc-XL.jpg

i-XSjdKWd-XL.jpg

i-GFfcswn-XL.jpg

Wandering around the outside of Diagon Alley you can spend a little time here......between the phone box where you can dial the ministry of Magic and you can get a special message from them......some have reported not hearing anything, but anytime we have done it we have always got through to someone.....well, a message.

The shop frontages are nice enough, and of course there is the sign for the Leaky Cauldron...….which is supposed to be a little hidden......but it`s not really... in certain lights though it`s not always as clear...….

i-kW9Z44P-XL.jpg

Then of course there is Kreacher...…..you have to stop by and wait for him to appear...…..you won`t have to wait too long as he appears at a set time every few moments...…..he really doesn't have the friendliest of faces, but of course everyone watches the window at 12 Grimmauld Place for his to glance out while seemingly scowling at everyone watching...……

Getting a picture opportunity at the door is a popular pastime too...…..

i-3Vk8VFm-XL.jpg

The area around the lagoon and looking in every direction is very beautiful...….especially on a beautiful day like today...…..

i-N7M32nw-XL.jpg

Looking back to London the purple bus is certainly very noticeable...…..and again, such a pretty view. And today felt so peaceful, not too many people were around...…..

i-rWvDdkD-XL.jpg

Looking the other way you have the impressive towers of MiB……..such a good little ride too...….and some very competitive folks who ride it...….we would find that out today when we went on it...…...

i-4G6tXCx-XL.jpg

We stood a little longer to just take in the view and surroundings......….then the fish appear........I`m always amazed there are real fish in these lagoons and lakes...…..I wouldn't have thought there was enough food to keep them sustained......and they are quite a size...…..have no clue what type of fish they are......I`m not really a fish person!!! But they are quite impressive...….and you do see them in every lagoon in Universal.

i-k9pgc2X-XL.jpg

i-6dC49CZ-XL.jpg

i-bH75vhr-XL.jpg

i-72s3dX2-XL.jpg

We also see the fisherman that used to be in Amity, but had been sitting behind Lombards for a while was gone...…..I would have to find out where he had gone.....it was a very cool relic of the Jaws days in the park and the statue was impressive......well, I thought so...…..

So we cut back to MiB as Tom loves this ride......I can take it or leave it...…..but we also wanted to cool down...….and the entrance to this ride is the coldest one around from memory...…….

You can ask to take the tour when going on this ride...….it`s quite a cool little thing to do and you see downstairs and have picture opportunities......if they are short staffed or incredibly busy you may not always be able to do it, but it`s worth asking.

So, we got in line and went to the front as there was hardly anyone in the EP line......we got put in a vehicle at the back, with one man in the front......as we were waiting he expressly asked us if we were decent...….I said huh...….he said he hoped we would try our best as he liked a high score......…..

He had a Clarke Griswold Tee shirt on......so, this was my thought...…….

I think he was as he seemed very intense the way he grabbed the gun...…...of course, now I didn't try at all...…..didn't even lift the gun......Tom finds it hard not to be competitive so he did have a good go, if only to compensate for my obvious lack of effort...…….he made a big mistake there.....I mean come on, it`s a game!!!!

We lost...…...the other team I believe whooped us...…..though, there was five of them...…..

So, we had done MiB and Tom said he had enjoyed that one!!!

Now it was time for ET.

We always do this ride when we are in the Studios......although to be honest, it seemed too hot to walk those extra few feet...….but we did it, and as always loved it...…….it is a much loved ride, and the aroma of the forest is very unique and fresh...….smells like a scent Yankee Candle make...…..the ride itself is simple and cute...…..then it goes a little weird when you go further into the ride...….very......colourful!!!! But, it does evoke some memories of watching the film over the years and ET was working today and actually said our name clearly...…..

Coming out into the heat we knew it was time to head for the exit......but through one of the scare zones first...……

Last edited:
Such a shame about the scare actor dinner, especially as it had been gifted to you! Loving those beautiful photos of Diagon Alley at night!

I look at your pictures over and over and feels like I am still in the park.....

Tom has a brilliant camera!

(best present you ever bought him)

Halloween is the best horror movie ever!! I agree, Michael Meyers is so scary!

What a nice fun morning after the crazy busy night!

The weather looks hotter than when we were there in August, and it was hot!!

I love when ET says “bye Caroline” haha! We always do this ride and never tire of it.

I haven't seen anyone say they had a good experience at the dining experience...…..geisha with a chainsaw????? Odd.

No, we did it twice and neither was very good. First year they did it character interaction was better though. I'm pretty sure it was just a character from the chainsaw scarezone? But I actually don't remember at all :rotfl:

Oh the walks were dreadful.....and I agree about Blumhouse…...we said we would probably do it again just to see HDD again if we were round that way and EP was a walk on...….but how could they get it so wrong with the purge!

I don't know the Purge section was awful! Maybe that movie was awful? We didn't see it because it wasn't out to rent yet, but I'm glad we skipped it in theaters/

Such a shame about the scare actor dinner, especially as it had been gifted to you! Loving those beautiful photos of Diagon Alley at night!

It really was a shame, yes I felt bad because it had been gifted to us too.

Thanks, I`m glad you like the pictures...…..Tom does love that camera!!!!

I look at your pictures over and over and feels like I am still in the park.....

Tom has a brilliant camera!

(best present you ever bought him)

Thanks mac......I`m so glad you like the pictures......it does take you back doesn't it!!!

Yes, he loves that camera and now I doubt he`ll get another camera to beat that one!!! Long as he`s happy, I`m happy...…...:thumbsup2

Halloween is the best horror movie ever!! I agree, Michael Meyers is so scary!

What a nice fun morning after the crazy busy night!

The weather looks hotter than when we were there in August, and it was hot!!

I love when ET says “bye Caroline” haha! We always do this ride and never tire of it.

lol.....ET is so funny!!! You hear some names pronunciation and think......what the heck was that!!! It`s a must do ride...….::yes::

We`ve gone so many months at various times and we`ve never felt heat like it...….you know when locals are complaining regularly and asking why on earth we are getting ready to go wander round the parks for hours, it`s blazing hot!!!! And yes, the morning after the night before was bliss in comparison.

Gotta love Halloween...…..he really is the Boogey man!!!! :wave2:

No, we did it twice and neither was very good. First year they did it character interaction was better though. I'm pretty sure it was just a character from the chainsaw scarezone? But I actually don't remember at all :rotfl:

I don't know the Purge section was awful! Maybe that movie was awful? We didn't see it because it wasn't out to rent yet, but I'm glad we skipped it in theaters/

I think I remember the pictures of that one...….I`m not sure the thinking behind some of the characters...…...and yes, some are forgettable......sadly!!!

The movie was dreadful.....but, I`m not a Purge fan at all......didn't like any of them......Tom quite likes them and will watch them all!!!! Not my thing...but.....one of my friends kids says it`s one of the best franchises around...……:confused3………..this kid has never see Halloween or Friday the 13th movies...….he`d soon change his mind as to what the best scary franchise is then...…..:D :wave2:

Twisted Tradition scare zone is always the cool zone...….or usually is.

The tree branches are filled with bright orange pumpkins are aglow as soon as night falls...….they are all emblazoned with a variety of expressions and it looks beautiful when they are all lit up properly at night.

Last year this zone was amazing. It was the Trick r Treat zone and although we hadn't seen the movie at that point we were hugely impressed with the zone overall...….characters were fabulous and there were a lot of scares...…..this year, there were one or two scares, I think still to come for me, but generally again, not scary........but, the zone itself is so pretty...…..

i-bdWLXVB-XL.jpg

i-FnQLWVZ-XL.jpg

i-dW7Hsnt-XL.jpg

i-Md4bGHP-XL.jpg

i-wbTjWZj-XL.jpg

i-pSmDbqw-XL.jpg

i-XbJWK2m-XL.jpg

i-TtTrtV3-XL.jpg

i-Zzmw7dX-XL.jpg

i-BFPNkmt-XL.jpg

i-7Vw3CSg-XL.jpg

i-Zn2NwqG-XL.jpg

i-V3rpSLW-XL.jpg

It is a lovely zone during the day, and we did hear one comment of that all this should all be covered during the day for the sake of the kids......…..there`s always one!!!!

So we head out for the boats and into Citywalk………..

We saw Aventura in the background and had already decided we would head there tonight...…..we knew the views were amazing but hadn't heard much about the bar itself...…..we were curious to try it out later tonight.

i-5qB7xtq-XL.jpg

i-jghKpVJ-XL.jpg

We waited a few moments for a boat...….only at first we went to the Sapphire Falls boat...…..oops!!!! Or Doh!!!!! Neither of us noticed straight away then we both realized at the same time...….wrong hotel...…….

So, back to the room where it had been cleaned as soon as we left. We are very lucky to have had it arranged for us that our room is done early in the morning, we can be back in the room like today around lunchtime to get changed and head back out, and it worked perfectly for us. Our room was immaculate as always.

So, after a big glass of Snapple each, we showered and changed we headed out to the car...…..jeez it was hot!!!! There wasn't a breath and the heat felt all consuming today......we were glad indeed we had left the park...…..

We jumped into the car and the outdoor temperature showed 102F.

Aircon was turned up to full...…….the car does cool down very quickly thankfully...….and we set off...…...I snap this as we wait for the lights, even though we are turning right.....so managed to snap this before Tom pulled out...….love being able to right turn on red in most places...…..but some folks are surprised how close to the main road some of the rides are...….but you`d never know from inside the park for most rides.

i-q8DHgQm-XL.jpg

We head down towards Universal Boulevard and always admire the relatively recent skyline changes of previous years...…..Universal certainly had changed the scenery here recently.

i-gh83ND8-XL.jpg

The two new hotel complexes that are opening at the top of I Drive next year are also changing the area dramatically...…...the first one is opening next year some time and the other will soon follow...…..they are going to be large family orientated hotels with transport to Universal. They will have a more value price point too.

It would be lovely to think the rest of that end of I Drive would tidy itself up a little too when these new hotels are up and running......it is looking so run down in areas, with the cheap looking tourist tat stores and many others that look so rundown and some are downright tacky.

i-NqgzF6v-XL.jpg

i-d3FPLRc-XL.jpg

Lunch today was somewhere new for us...….and it was a bargain venue apparently...…..I can do cheap and cheerful despite some who are of the opinion that I can`t...…….lol......

We had been told about this place by a friend who eats at the Downtown one a lot...…….so that was good enough for us...…….

Beth`s Burgers is on Universal Boulevard, down past where the Convention Centre is and in a strip mall in the same area as Publix...….there`s also an NYPD pizza place here too...…..we wanted to go there at some point too, but for today we would try Beth`s.

i-bwrxMxg-XL.jpg

We loved her very clever tagline, as they had won several awards for their burgers...…..

We went in and were immediately drawn to how local it felt...…...we must have stood out like sore thumbs as tourists...….lol.....but we received a very warm welcome as we walked in and looked intently at the surroundings and the menu on a huge board on the wall...……..

i-93VCDhx-XL.jpg

i-3CTKZZb-XL.jpg

This could take a while!!!!! So much choice!!!!

They have single, double and triple burger options......a whole load of free toppings and then a massive selection of optional toppings that are charged for....we both decided today to go for a single burger...….I went for lettuce, tomato, jalapenos and spicy pineapple sauce with sweet potato fries...….Tom opted for also lettuce, tomato but added raw onions, mayo, American cheese and a fried egg served with regular fries...

You pay and give your name and then they bring it over when ready...…..we also had two fountain soda`s which are refillable......Tom had sprite and I went for fanta……….and all for a bargain $21 exactly before tip......excellent price for a lunch.

i-LLvtzxw-XL.jpg

We chose a booth and sat and waited for our lunch...….everyone`s food looked gorgeous...…..and we sneaked a peek at everyone`s who went past us......we were also struck by just how busy this place was.....and it looked a fun place to go at night as they had live music too...…..

They did have a full bar, but as I was driving we abstained and stuck to sodas.

i-5MW4rTX-XL.jpg

i-zZLJPDh-XL.jpg

i-D8Xdmz8-XL.jpg

i-bZrrCBz-XL.jpg

You can`t really see the actual burger, but they are tucked away under all the other stuff...…….and my goodness they were so good!!!! And usually I don't eat the bun on any burger, but this one was a sweet roll...….and so, so good!!!!

The meat was tasty and we thoroughly enjoyed every morsel...…..Tom was genuinely surprised when he saw my bun disappear too...…..

Tom`s regular fries were amazing.....and better than the sweet potato fries which although they were good, his were better...…...I would get regular fries next time......and there would be a next time, we had loved this place.

It was such a friendly place, staff were chatty and made you feel welcome. So add that to good food and you`ve got a winner!!!!

Back out to the car, but first we nipped into Publix for a few items, since it was right there...…...we didn't get much, just some items for our room that needed topping up...…

We liked this car!!! We liked it a lot...….

i-Ngb45Z5-XL.jpg

i-G9TDxnW-XL.jpg

And today it was my turn behind the wheel...……….

I am a very safe driver ::yes::...………….I even still keep my advanced driving certificate up to date......Tom`s lapsed I believe...…...so no issues there...….he does on occasion...….very occasionally, try to press the invisible brake pedal on the passenger side of every car!!!!! He gets a glare when he does that...…:rotfl:

i-Mgn9PS8-XL.jpg

I am a big believer in this though...…………….I adore driving and love fast cars more...…..

Tom knows how lucky he is...………

Up next...….Aventura Rooftop Bar...…………………...

Last edited:
Too funny about the Michael Myers mask! Kyle got you! :laughing:

Beautiful pictures as always!:thumbsup2

Beth's Burgers looks good! You always find some gems!! Adding it to our list!!:)

Too funny about the Michael Myers mask! Kyle got you! :laughing:

Beautiful pictures as always!:thumbsup2

Beth's Burgers looks good! You always find some gems!! Adding it to our list!!:)

They got me good that day!!! Tom distracted me while Kyle put the mask on and waited for me!!!! I`m such a wimp with that mask!!!

Thank you, Tom does love taking pictures thankfully!!

Beth`s really is worth a visit......nice and clean and good food with excellent service......we`ll definitely go back there...….::yes::

So, once we were on our way we took a detour to Bed Bath and Beyond and picked up some things that I have no memory of whatsoever......I know towels were in there somewhere to go in newly done downstairs bathroom, but I`m sure there was more!!

Quick jump into Mall at Millenia to pick up an item for a friend who had ordered something from the Apple store...…of course we didn't just go to that store......we ended up wandering around, but for the first time didn't actually buy anything...….but we knew we`d be back...……

By the time we got back home we were ready for a snooze and a cold drink...….so Tom went down to Club Lounge for some cokes and Sprites as our Snapple was finished and I went for some ice...…..those drinks were welcome...…..we ended up not having a snooze as suddenly we weren't tired......always the way!!!

So around 4.30 we went down to Club Lounge and had a lovely relaxing time chatting and the time passed before we knew it...….it was still fairly quiet and once food and alcohol was gone everyone disappeared......well, most did. We stayed a little longer as we were in no rush to go anywhere......we were just wandering over to Aventura to check out the bar. But, we were loving chatting to the staff...….we really do know them so well and they are lovely so we always enjoy a good chat. Time passes so quickly...…..

But, we eventually left and wandered over to Sapphire Falls via the business and conference centre, then crossed over to Aventura...….I really wasn't sure what we were going to make of this place.

i-VbK5PDm-XL.jpg

i-smj8xTk-XL.jpg

i-ndj5jBT-XL.jpg

i-kjfkmG7-XL.jpg

i-Nb42S2w-XL.jpg

They have made the landscape quite nice on the way in and no denying it looks impressive being that it`s tall and all glass.....hard to go wrong with that look really...…..but, as we entered we immediately felt it was quite a cold hotel...…..very stark and austere looking......I won`t post many of the downstairs area as there are some in the Aventura thread but just to give you an idea of why we felt as we felt...…..

i-78j9Mhk-XL.jpg

It was however, immaculately clean.

i-n2ttZ7B-XL.jpg

i-h9JDSjG-XL.jpg

i-QWBN3Nx-XL.jpg

i-RZW4HC9-XL.jpg

So, up to the rooftop bar. We got in the supposed express elevator, only it did actually stop. Not sure why. But our fellow guests with us said so much for Express...…

We got out and wandered around a little.....and no doubt the views were lovely...…..

i-3BfHjmT-XL.jpg

i-nBkz8N9-XL.jpg

You can really see how big the new Universal Orlando hotels are going to be in the next picture...………

i-ZGJZb6P-XL.jpg

i-ZCfb73B-XL.jpg

i-TJPZzqc-XL.jpg

i-5jBZ8HS-XL.jpg

i-kpgfNnZ-XL.jpg

You can see such iconic objects as the Tower of Terror, Epcot Globe, Space Mountain and The Contemporary. It was quite the sight to see in the distance......and the other way you can see the City of Orlando and beyond......you can clearly see a beautiful white church belonging to Latter Day Saints which is a little the other way too.

We went to sit down on the comfortable seats around the outside but when we sat down, not only was it blowing a gale, but the seats were wet......all of them......so we moved to the bar, I don't think our waitress was very happy when we told her why we were moving, but although the bar seats were busy, someone had just moved so we managed to get a seat.

That TV is far too small for a bar this size.

i-f6Mvwpq-XL.jpg

I have to say the bar staff were lovely. They were friendly and chatty and passed the time nicely.

I cannot remember what cocktail Tom ordered, but I went for the Almost Sangria...….there was almost alcohol in it!!!! Weakest cocktail I have ever tasted......and the herb she had put in kept crumbling, so I was picking fresh but dried herb out of my mouth......not nice. Tom`s was nice enough though...….just wouldn't be in his top 50!

It was very blowy up here...…..

i-FXCr8rn-XL.jpg

i-mXHXCr9-XL.jpg

There is something lacking up here...….I think it`s atmosphere. There isn't any. And I`m not sure why as the staff, as I said were genuinely very friendly and it was a nice enough bar...….just lacked some colour and...……...something.

We hadn't eaten so we had a look at the food choices...…..I`m not a fan of Bao buns, so we ended up choosing a sautéed shrimp dish...…...meantime we asked her what rum they had as long as it wasn't spiced rum and she said she had Myers...….so we ordered two rum, ginger beers and limes...….while we waited for our little shrimp dish to try...……

Meanwhile we asked her what rum she had anything except Spiced Rum which we aren't keen on in this mix, so she had Myers, we asked for two rums, ginger beer and lime...…..no problem...…..and they were slightly better, but not overly strong...…..

i-h83fdPF-XL.jpg

i-85SkBfv-XL.jpg

And we were still waiting on our paltry little shrimp dish...……..

We were finished our drinks when it finally arrived almost 45 minutes to an hour later......…..I`m not sure it was worth waiting for...…..we hadn't noticed really how long we had waited as we were admiring the view and chatting...….but that is too long to wait for such a small dish.

i-Zz7zVjb-XL.jpg

I think, it was $18??? Not sure really......but our immediate thought was StrongWater do much better food and although this was just alright, we had forgotten what we had ordered and by the time it arrived we didn't feel like it anymore...…..however the shrimp were nice enough. Just not great...…..or very warm.

By now it was getting dark and we were looking forward to seeing the views.

i-v6PR9kR-XL.jpg

Night views and Strongwater Bar up next...…..

:wave2: I'm coming out of lurkdom and finally commenting on your wonderful trip reports. They made me long to be able to take the dh and 2 boys. I was there 2 years ago with our adult dd and we had a blast. I have been trying to convince the dh that we need to take the boy there as they all ( him included ) would absolutely love Universal. It doesn't help that we are Canadian and our dollar is very low and honestly...life stuff happens that always takes our holiday funds away. OH well...maybe next year. So i live vicariously through your trip reports!!!!

So far, it sounds like your having a wonderful trip minus a few hiccups. I can't wait to hear and read more

P.S I really don't like scary movies...as much as the dh and boys enjoy them, I don't think I could do the HHN. And I know they would LOVE to do it!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter