Michelle Carter Trial (MA) Verdict announced Friday 11 AM

I think she got 2 1/2 years but will only serve 15 months and some probation, have grandkids here could only partially hear it.

She deserved more........

I went to the sentencing today. It was really difficult to hear Conrad Roy's sister speaking, I could hear more of his father, and one of the prosecutors read the mother's statement. I'll have to watch it on YouTube. I don't know why they didn't have microphones, throughout the trial, considering the interest of the national news. (I saw Erin Moriarty from 48 Hours and Andrea Canning from Dateline each time I went, and recognized but couldn't place others. Somebody from Inside Edition was outside recording a report...Inside Edition does this type of story? I thought they were a celebrity type show.) I had read that an aunt was going to read a statement, and the prosecutor I THINK said seven people wanted to make stataments, but they didn't fit the eligible criteria.

I thought the sentence was fair, and I was not at all surprised that the defense asked for and received a delay in serving her time pending the appeal, and I'm good with that. It's a precedent setting case, and this isn't the end of it.

Just watching the news, and I hate when they say "she showed little emotion." She was crying! She didn't fall apart, but I thought she showed plenty emotion under the circumstances.

I went to the sentencing today. It was really difficult to hear Conrad Roy's sister speaking, I could hear more of his father, and one of the prosecutors read the mother's statement. I'll have to watch it on YouTube. I don't know why they didn't have microphones, throughout the trial, considering the interest of the national news. (I saw Erin Moriarty from 48 Hours and Andrea Canning from Dateline each time I went, and recognized but couldn't place others. Somebody from Inside Edition was outside recording a report...Inside Edition does this type of story? I thought they were a celebrity type show.) I had read that an aunt was going to read a statement, and the prosecutor I THINK said seven people wanted to make stataments, but they didn't fit the eligible criteria.

I thought the sentence was fair, and I was not at all surprised that the defense asked for and received a delay in serving her time pending the appeal, and I'm good with that. It's a precedent setting case, and this isn't the end of it.

Just watching the news, and I hate when they say "she showed little emotion." She was crying! She didn't fall apart, but I thought she showed plenty emotion under the circumstances.

You could clearly see she was crying when the camera was on her, don't know why they would say she didn't show emotion, bizarre.
Was Conrads mom present in the courtroom?

First amendment? Isn't that freedom of speech? After watching 20/20 last night and some of the details of exactly what she wrote, I'm appalled at this "freedom of speech" claim. And the psychiatrist claiming her dose of antidepressants made her "intoxicated". Gee, I remember being on a dose of antidepressants that was 10 times higher than what I take now (yes, prescribed by a physician) and I was definitely not "intoxicated". I wonder if the reason Conrad's mother wasn't on 20/20 last night was that she didn't feel she'd be able to control what she said.

It made me even more angry at her, and even more sad for his family.

His mother's anger is misdirected. She knew he was suicidal, she knew it. If I had a suicidal child, no matter the age, they would never be alone. He killed himself, HIS actions caused his death.

His mother's anger is misdirected. She knew he was suicidal, she knew it. If I had a suicidal child, no matter the age, they would never be alone. He killed himself, HIS actions caused his death.

I watched the trial. The mother gave the account of his last day and she said he was good, they went to the beach walked and talked together.
Both the mother and sisters said he seemed really good. He even took the sisters for ice cream. She was probably so happy to see him like that and felt a bit of relief.

If Carter hadn't told him to get back into the truck when he called her and said he couldn't do it, they judge would not have convicted her, IMO
He said it in his explanation, she told him to get back into the truck....

"Breaking News" courtesy of WBZ-TV News at Noon

Michelle Carter went before the Parole Board this morning, seeking early release. She's about halfway through her 15 month sentence. Roy's family got to speak, too.

It can be several weeks before a decision is made.

Yesterday (1/13/20) the Supreme Court refused to hear Carter's case.

Today, the Sheriff's Deparment announced she will be released at the end of this month - four months early - for good behavior.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!