Mickey´s Backyard BBQ: Category 1 or 2?

Luildinha

Earning My Ears
Hey! My family is going to Disney in december and we booked a meal in Mickey´s Backyard BBQ.
We are paying OOP and when I called to make the reservation the person didn´t say anything about different categories, but she gave us category 2.
I wonder if there´s a big difference between category 1 and category 2 and if it´s worth paying a bit more for the upgrade?
Does anyone have experience with this?
Thanks so much!
Gabi.

There are not bad seats in the house, the difference is just being closer but again there's some category 2 seating that is just as good as category 1.
The price difference between the categories of $10 to me isn't worth it.
mickeys-backyard-bbq-categories.png

My understanding is that category 1 gets better seating and access up to an hour earlier to enter, get food, get settled in, etc.

My kids like to stay on the dance floor the entire night. I like the category one seating so I can sit and watch them and be close by. We lucked out last year and we're seated in category one without paying for it. It must have not been a sold out night. This year I booked category one for the pre meet and greet and to guarantee the closer seats

Cat 1 was worth it for us. You get to meet the character, get food and drinks before most people arrive. Was very relaxed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter