Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway .... A Thought

Jimmy Mouse

My other car is the Monorail
This is just speculation but what if .....
Right now, all the focus is on Toy Story Land opening day as well as Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. No one really knows how much construction is going on inside the Chinese Theatre except the people actually involved. Is it possible that they are planning a surprise opening? I think that would be really awesome to just have it open one day. No announcements, no leaked pictures or videos. All we really know is what it is going to be, sort of. And only rumors of an opening date. They converted Maelstrom to Frozen in 20 months and added a lot of animatronics. MMRR is supposed to be a lot of film. Can they do it in less time? I guess only time will tell.

Last edited:

Sorry to burst your bubble but ain't happening.

The ride is a completely different attraction from the great movie ride and the entire building was gutted. The attraction will open in its slated Fall 2019 with plenty of fanfare and publicity from Disney.

Is it definitely fall? I was thinking they might want it open for summer of 2019 since Star Wars Land isn't opening until later in 2019 and I don't think they currently have anything bit opening for summer of that year

Is it possible that they are planning a surprise opening? I think that would be really awesome to just have it open one day. No announcements, no leaked pictures or videos.
Not a chance.

Building hype is what makes money.

Is it definitely fall? I was thinking they might want it open for summer of 2019 since Star Wars Land isn't opening until later in 2019 and I don't think they currently have anything bit opening for summer of that year
Last I heard was Fall.

My sister claims she read it was ahead of schedule and would actually open fall of this year for mickeys 80th she didn’t give a source so I doubt any truth though imho I CAN see Mickey’s 80th birthday gifting us a massive teaser of the attraction

My sister claims she read it was ahead of schedule and would actually open fall of this year for mickeys 80th she didn’t give a source so I doubt any truth though imho I CAN see Mickey’s 80th birthday gifting us a massive teaser of the attraction
I can't see it being that far ahead of schedule. I could see like you a look into the attraction on his birthday this year.

I can't see it being that far ahead of schedule. I could see like you a look into the attraction on his birthday this year.

I didn't see some other speculation about it being open for his Birthday, along with the fact D23's Destination D event is themed to Mickey for his birthday - but I think that is people putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 - that just seems way ahead of any estimates we have seen/heard

I could see a session at Destination D about the attraction and maybe offer a glimpse of it/show off the technology/show you a ride vehicle or something, but would be shocked if the full risen is done by then

Hate to break it to you but this year is the 90th. The 80th birthday was 10 years ago.

Yes yes that was such a short time ago

Yes this is a new 2.5D technology. So basically 3D without glasses.
Isn't that called vision:smooth:

haha - but it is 3Dish in screens wihtout glasses - I think it will use multiple layers of screens/projections. I believe you can see some of this in the Nav'i River Ride but this will be like that but amped way up/next generation

It's all new technology for Disney, correct? I'm pretty excited about this ride as I've always thought the main mouse was under-represented.

fully agree on all fronts - though still not sure of them using the new style animation for Mickey vs a more traditional look

Still excited for the ride though

haha - but it is 3Dish in screens wihtout glasses - I think it will use multiple layers of screens/projections. I believe you can see some of this in the Nav'i River Ride but this will be like that but amped way up/next generation
Yeah I think the best way to explain it is those cards or things you would see in magazines that if you move them at certain angles they look 3D. I am sure it will be executed much better than that.

If you look at some of the concept art it looks like there will be a lot of depth or layers in the sets to help with the affects.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter