Mickey bars will be in grocery stores in February

I finally found then in CT!! They are at Shop Rite and at Caraluzzi's as well (I think the second one is just a CT store but I could be wrong). I lost my mind when I found them and was so excited!

I saw these at Publix for $7.99 the other day. I did not purchase a box because I thought it was overpriced. Funny, the ridiculous prices of things I pay for at Disney, but once out of the bubble I find $7.99 too much. :confused3

The other day, I put dole whip mix and an ice cream soft serve machine in my amazon cart, but decided not to do it in the end, simply because part of me really enjoys the pleasure and excitement my daughter and I get from having a Dole Whip AT Disney. I kind of want to keep that special magic for the parks only. Though, I am still tempted to buy it as a Christmas gift for my daughter, she would be in heaven...

I was at Publix the other day with my nine year old daughter and we saw these. I pointed them out as I've been seeing them for a while but not bought any. Figured I'd get them as a special treat. My daughter looks at me and says, "Dad it's not the same if we're not at Disney World. It just wouldn't be special to get a Mickey Bar if we could have them at home."

Yep, just about choked up. Suffice to say we didn't pick them up. Kids will make you tear your hair out, cry in frustration, and want to bash in your own head, but they are also amazingly intuitive at times, a pile of fun, and the most important part of my life...

Found them at Wall Mart in Reidsville, NC last week. $6.39.

I bought a box and while they are not the same, they are really pretty good.

Following this thread is like watching the inevitable march of the Africanized killer bees spreading across the country.

Be afraid, be VERY afraid! I can confirm; the Mickey bars have reached the West coast. Found in a Target in Long Beach CA...and currently in my freezer ;)

Iv'e seen them many times at various Kroger stores in North Texas. I bought one box and have gotten that out of my system so I'm back to Ben & Jerry's now.

Planogirl which Kroger? I've gone to several in Allen and Plano and have never seen them.

While the out-of-park experience isn't the same, and they are smaller, I have to say I think the grocery ones taste better, the chocolate layer is thick and seems like quality chocolate and they aren't frozen rock hard.

In Pittsburgh, saw them in Giant Eagle. Selling for $7.99 but have been on sale for $4.99 and $5.99 the past two times I was there.

The local Wegmans had these for three weeks and now they are gone again. We've waited forever in the Washington DC metro area. The store says it was a limited item but it makes no sense it was only three weeks. If I'd known I'd have bought a lot more.

Score!!! - Market Basket in West Bridgewater, MA, has them today. I bought two boxes, but left all you nice DISers some as well. :goodvibes

ETA - I'm eating one now, and I pronounce them GOOD!

Last edited:
My daughter found them at a store near her. Said the chocolate didn't taste the same and the ice cream had a different texture. For the difference in price between the store and Disney Parks, I'm not surprised they had to cut corners somewhere.

Typically when you mass produce a product, you're getting another third party manufacturer to make them for large scale distribution. That means a different product most likely.

I find them regularly at both Wegmans & Tops in the Buffalo area. Although I was surprised to see this display Tuesday:

DC725D46-F97B-49E5-B462-A51B2A9B9977.png

All those rows were 4 deep too. The shelf tag says “new item”, not limited time item. I’m beginning to wonder if maybe they will become permanent items.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts