Mickey bars will be in grocery stores in February

Had a couple this past week from the Publix in Boone, NC. The chocolate wasn't right.

Publix has them back in stock in my neighborhood... Tried them for the first time... I want my money back :sad2: These bars are disgusting! They should Have named them “Minnie” bars these bars are so small you would need 2 and 1/2 to make the normal size one at Disney:confused3

Publix has them back in stock in my neighborhood... Tried them for the first time... I want my money back :sad2: These bars are disgusting! They should Have named them “Minnie” bars these bars are so small you would need 2 and 1/2 to make the normal size one at Disney:confused3
I like them being smaller- I don’t want a giant ice cream bar when I’m home having a snack I don’t need or my kids are having their second of the day! I do think the chocolate isn’t as good as the chocolate at the ones in the park. But as I’ve said before, that’s ok with me because they are still special to have in the parks but I can have a version at home just to remind me of the fun times on vacation . Plus the whole box isn’t too much more expensive than one at Disney- that helps.

If they used the same kind of ice cream and dark chocolate like in the parks, I would probably get these, as they are, nope.

I like them being smaller- I don’t want a giant ice cream bar when I’m home having a snack I don’t need or my kids are having their second of the day! I do think the chocolate isn’t as good as the chocolate at the ones in the park. But as I’ve said before, that’s ok with me because they are still special to have in the parks but I can have a version at home just to remind me of the fun times on vacation . Plus the whole box isn’t too much more expensive than one at Disney- that helps.
What good is it if it’s not edible? Even the Ice cream inside taste like chalk.... I’d rather pay for the real deal the. pay for the knock offs. I’d love to send you my boxes instead of trashing them!

What good is it if it’s not edible? Even the Ice cream inside taste like chalk.... I’d rather pay for the real deal the. pay for the knock offs. I’d love to send you my boxes instead of trashing them!
I think they are edible and good, just not as quite good as the in Park ones. Honestly, the only reason I don't think they are as good is that I prefer dark chocolate to milk chocolate, and IMO the grocery store ones are a sweeter milk chocolate compared to the park ones. I found the ice cream to be good, the same as best I can remember since I haven't had a park one in a few months. I'm sorry you really hate them, but the good new is you don't have to eat them :laughing:, you can wait and only have them in the parks and those of us who don't hate them can enjoy both.

Reactions: cm8
The ShopRite by me in NJ was hiding them in the back so that customers couldn't buy them only employees.
Ha!! I bet that's what my local ShopRite was doing until recently. Now they've been available every weekend I've gone in the last few weeks.

Finally got these today after searching for months! Shop rite in Northeast NJ, stocked up and bought 3 boxes just in case it was the first and last time we see them. Still can't wait til August for the real thing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter