Mickey Lamp Posts

The creativity some of you folks display amazes me. Ya'll have SO many good ideas. :thumbsup2

Bama Ed

I've always thought that someone could put together kits for these, with the holes pre-drilled for us nervous nellies. Good work everyone!

[/URL][/IMG]

finally figured out how to post pics

Thank you CDNCRUISER, your website helped me with it all. I was lucky I didn't crack any globes, but it had me nervous!!

What did you use for a base? Looks heavy.

I used a 25 lbs concrete patio umbrella base. Walmart had them on clearance for $18. I marked on the 2 inch pvc were the screw threads into the pipe and drilled a hole a shade above the mark in the pvc pipe. Then I placed the metal pipe in the pvc pipe and tighten up the wing nut that came with the base, then screwed the metal pipe into the base. That made it where it didn't have play were the post meets the base.

Haha I wouldn't go as far as to say that now!! CDNCruiser they have a link to their Disney Room webpage and they have a great set of directions and a detailed list of all the parts it takes build a Mickey Lamp. www.carol-anne.ca

Glad to hear that the instructions helped . . .

Also nice to hear about the heavy base - very important. That big globe on top catches a lot of wind - I had one, with a heavy patio umbrella base, blow over on my patio. Shattered the 12" globe.

Put them away when the wind gets high!

We even decorate our lamps for Halloween:

Fort_Wilderness_Halloween_20.JPG

That Halloween Mickey lamp looks good! Its on our list to stay in the fort during Halloween.

It's nothing more than a plastic mask on front of the 12" globe. It was made to fit over the light on the front of a house. I think we bought it at Wal-Mart or Target.

If you want a campsite for Halloween, book early - it sells out quick! We'll be there this year and we're already booked for Halloween 2015!

We are going January 2015 and I'm going to get my DH to make one for us. I found a lady on Etsy that makes the cutest garden flag that's perfect for camping and it's personalized and we can hang it on the light post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter