Mickey Lamp Posts

My base is pretty simpe, its just a 5 gallon bucket filled with concrete. To create the sleve for the light pole there is 3" PVC with a toilet bowl mount screwed to the bottom of the bucket. The cord comes out of the light pole just under the lid of the bucket and I cut some fake crash carpeting to make it look nice.

Other then not being able to find 25w bulbs after one of the lights went out I have had no issues with my setup.

IMG_0963.JPG

Just realized I didn't put a picture of my finished light on here. Notice the green glow to match my Dis sign.

Love the Mickey lamp! My DH is in the process of making one for our camper. Almost done. :yay: Secondly we were just at the Fort this past June near your site. We were in loop 1400, site 1424. Great location. Thirdly my husband is a fireman as well. :firefight

Love the Mickey lamp! My DH is in the process of making one for our camper. Almost done. :yay: Secondly we were just at the Fort this past June near your site. We were in loop 1400, site 1424. Great location. Thirdly my husband is a fireman as well. :firefight
Thanks, Tell your husband hello. I'm retiring just before our next trip around Halloween.

Thanks, Tell your husband hello. I'm retiring just before our next trip around Halloween.

Congrats on your retirement. Thank you for your years of service as Fireman. I know you guys do not have an easy job.

Enjoy your next trip to Disney.

Here's a link to a video blog some friends produced.

It has some tips to help you build a lamp of your own!

She had me build a MM lamp post for our FW trip this weekend. Had a great time!
Last time I was there was 1973!

I used an aluminum post from Lowe’s and an umbrella base. The decorative aluminum post bottom was recycled from a damaged mailbox. There are three led color changing bulbs. Our granddaughter had a blast changing the colors all weekend.
Photo%20Oct%2003%2C%2010%2020%2022%20AM.jpg

This was the 1900 loop
Photo%20Oct%2005%2C%206%2041%2058%20PM.jpg

Ya'll have some pretty cool Mickey lights. I used a patio umbrella stand for the base on the one I built and used the 6" globes for the ears. It has 3 color changing led lights in it so you can have each light a different color. Pretty cool for the Holidays. The bulb in the big globe has a bluetooth speaker it so you can play music.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter