Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway to Roll into Disneyland Park

We have an exciting announcement to share! Disneyland park guests will be able to step into a cartoon world and join Mickey and his friends on Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, coming to Mickey’s Toontown in 2022!

This first major Mickey-themed ride-through attraction at Disneyland park will put you inside the wacky and unpredictable world of a Mickey Mouse cartoon short where anything can happen! Once you step into the cartoon world of Mickey and Minnie, you’ll board a train with Goofy as the engineer. Then, one magical moment after the next leads you to a zany, out-of-control adventure filled with surprising twists and turns.

With an original story and lovable theme song, Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway uses state-of-the-art technologies and dazzling visual effects to transform the cartoon world into an incredible and immersive multi-dimensional experience.

Earlier today, Disneyland Resort President Josh D’Amaro shared a fun photo of him getting a sneak peek of the plans!

Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway is also planned to open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney World Resort in spring 2020.

Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for updates on this exciting addition to Mickey’s Toontown, including special details that promise to make this amazing attraction unique for Disneyland park guests.

Source

Sweet! Better fit then where they placing it at Hollywood Studios IMHO.

Nice, but the stealth notice in this release is the delay of the Hollywood Studios version to 202. There was some speculation that was coming, but sounds like it's confirmed.

Am I the only one sad about this?

Really, while the location makes sense from a theming standpoint, I want them to stop copying attractions from one park to another, they are much better than that and can come up with more original attractions at each park.

2022!? That’s three years from now! Would have thought that since this already is underway in WDW, it would be ready sooner.

Exciting to know that they are investing in Toon Town, which probably puts to rest any rumors that it would be replaced for one reason or another.

Also kind of puts to rest the rumor that the Hollywood Backlot would be re-themed to old school Mickey Mouse, and include the runaway railway.

As for Toon Town, I wish there was someway to make it feel like not such a dead end. But it’s probably for the best since a path to SW:GE wouldn’t make much theme sense, and “there’s no road past toon town” anyway.

Toontown has barely changed in almost three decades so this is a welcome addition, and will hopefully spread out foot traffic into the area when the back of the park/SWGE becomes congested.

Also, how are they going to fix the entrance to Toontown so that it is wheelchair accessible? Currently the hill is way too steep to be considered accessible even with the handrail they added, which means the new attraction wouldn't be considered accessible.

Toontown has barely changed in almost three decades so this is a welcome addition, and will hopefully spread out foot traffic into the area when the back of the park/SWGE becomes congested.
I don't mind something being added to Toontown, but why not something unique and original?

2022!? That’s three years from now! Would have thought that since this already is underway in WDW, it would be ready sooner.

Exciting to know that they are investing in Toon Town, which probably puts to rest any rumors that it would be replaced for one reason or another.

Also kind of puts to rest the rumor that the Hollywood Backlot would be re-themed to old school Mickey Mouse, and include the runaway railway.

As for Toon Town, I wish there was someway to make it feel like not such a dead end. But it’s probably for the best since a path to SW:GE wouldn’t make much theme sense, and “there’s no road past toon town” anyway.
My guess the length is either because of having to build a show building for it (unlike at WDW) or because of wanting to spread the costs over a certain number of fiscal years.

Hopefully with all the investment in Toon Town a chunk of that will go into refurbing what is already there, it was looking pretty rough the last time we were there and could use some sprucing.

This sounds interesting, happy to see something more in Toontown. I really wish they would put in a shaded splash pad somewhere (like the one in the old Bugs Land). It gets so darn HOT in Toontown in the afternoon!

Am I the only one sad about this?

Really, while the location makes sense from a theming standpoint, I want them to stop copying attractions from one park to another, they are much better than that and can come up with more original attractions at each park.

At DCA...

Guardians of the Galaxy
Spiderman
Inside Out
All of CarsLand

At DL...

Nothing really new for 24 years, unless you count BLAB. Oh, and Winnie the Pooh. :rolleyes:

SWGE had to go somewhere and that certainly was not DCA. So you can't fault Disney for making it be DL.

:wizard:

At DCA...

Guardians of the Galaxy
Spiderman
Inside Out
All of CarsLand

At DL...

Nothing really new for 24 years, unless you count BLAB. Oh, and Winnie the Pooh. :rolleyes:

SWGE had to go somewhere and that certainly was not DCA. So you can't fault Disney for making it be DL.

:wizard:
Huh? I wasn't talking about Galaxy's Edge, I was referring to being sad that they are bringing I .Mickey and Minnies Runaway Railway instead of something original. I also don't think they should be doing duplicate Galaxy's Edge on both coasts, they should have made each one unique and tie third story lines together to make something unique at each resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter