Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway to Roll into Disneyland Park

In DL it's all about the land they have to work with. They had land available in DL for Galaxy's Edge, so that's where it went.

Am I the only one sad about this?

Really, while the location makes sense from a theming standpoint, I want them to stop copying attractions from one park to another, they are much better than that and can come up with more original attractions at each park.

I think many people want this ride so copying it doesn't seem like a bad move. Also it will fit so well in Toon Town. I read somewhere the rides won't be 100% identical. Many people will never visit another Disney park, so having the same rides doesn't matter to them. There's another rumor a Frozen ride/land could be coming. This would not be like the one at WDW, but would be similar to the ones announced for the over seas parks.

Toontown has barely changed in almost three decades so this is a welcome addition, and will hopefully spread out foot traffic into the area when the back of the park/SWGE becomes congested.

Unfortunately it has changed a lot in its lifetime, just not for the better. They removed a lot of fun in the name of safety.

I don't mind something being added to Toontown, but why not something unique and original?
I agree something original would be preferable, but two dark rides in a land once forgotten is fine with me. I guess I just think that there are enough people here who would be excited about this new major attraction, who aren't as familiar with other Disney parks attractions, or haven't been/don't have the opportunity to go anytime soon.

If anything, I would be more upset if I was a WDW regular because they hyped it up in 2017 and are delaying it, just for it to be cloned...

Not really related but I really REALLY want the beauty and the beast dark ride that Tokyo is getting to come to Disneyland. That’s all.

I really feel like after star wars, after marvel. After this. Disney should do some work in Disneyland park and expand fantasy land.

Huh? I wasn't talking about Galaxy's Edge, I was referring to being sad that they are bringing I .Mickey and Minnies Runaway Railway instead of something original. I also don't think they should be doing duplicate Galaxy's Edge on both coasts, they should have made each one unique and tie third story lines together to make something unique at each resort.
I guess I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying that you thought Disney was only copying and not doing original ones. But that is not the case in the examples I gave. Am I to understand now you are really saying there should be zero copies between resorts? Because if that is what you are saying that makes no sense to me.

:wizard:

As long as it’s a good attraction and not costing an existing attraction, I’m perfectly fine with it being the same (or at least very similar) between both parks.

I guess I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying that you thought Disney was only copying and not doing original ones. But that is not the case in the examples I gave. Am I to understand now you are really saying there should be zero copies between resorts? Because if that is what you are saying that makes no sense to me.

:wizard:
Yes, I am saying stop all clones of attractions, sowss etc. for at least 20 years.

Why keep copying? Give people reasons to visit each of the parks around the world. Disney can come up with originals, there is no need to keep making all of the parks so similar.

Did I miss it or will this be utilizing an existing structure or will an entire new building be built?

Am I the only one sad about this?

Really, while the location makes sense from a theming standpoint, I want them to stop copying attractions from one park to another, they are much better than that and can come up with more original attractions at each park.

Yes, I am saying stop all clones of attractions, sowss etc. for at least 20 years.

Why keep copying? Give people reasons to visit each of the parks around the world. Disney can come up with originals, there is no need to keep making all of the parks so similar.

I go to Disneyland California every year, I have only been to Walt Disney World waaaay back in 1992 and most likely will not visit again. Im sure there is ALOT like me, who for whatever reason will never get to Walt Disney World.

Also Im wondering, Disneyland Paris has Ratatouille, a dark trackless ride which is not in ANY other park. So my question to you is, when are you going to Disneyland Paris? And if your answer is you are not and probably will never go there, would your opinion still be the same, if Disneyland California announced Ratatouille will be added to Toontown???

I go to Disneyland California every year, I have only been to Walt Disney World waaaay back in 1992 and most likely will not visit again. Im sure there is ALOT like me, who for whatever reason will never get to Walt Disney World.

Also Im wondering, Disneyland Paris has Ratatouille, a dark trackless ride which is not in ANY other park. So my question to you is, when are you going to Disneyland Paris? And if your answer is you are not and probably will never go there, would your opinion still be the same, if Disneyland California announced Ratatouille will be added to Toontown???
A similar Ratatouille ride is opening at WDW next year. I bet WDW regulars are excited for that cloned ride.

Ratatouille is coming to EPCOT and I don't think it should be. I don't think TRON should be coming to MK, etc.

While I really want to see Mystic Manor in Hong Kong, I also don't want it copied to any other park.

No, I think the copies can and should stop.

A similar Ratatouille ride is opening at WDW next year. I bet WDW regulars are excited for that cloned ride.
I don't necessarily know the theme is what makes people excited for it in a sense that I'm not sure people would make a special trip to DLP just for that ride. I'm sure some are excited for the theme (so I guess some could go fly to DLP just for that ride) but mostly I do think it's a ride with different technology without a height restriction in a park where people don't necessarily gravitate towards for younger kids (Epcot).

Where they are putting it fits to me in terms of theming though since there's the France Pavilion so in this sense Disney is utilizing an IP in a way that is very understandable even if it's a ride that already exists.

I do to an extent understand cmwade77's overall point though I think Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway will be a welcome addition to DL.

Is there any artwork showing where this will be located?
It might explain why they left some un-themed structure in SWGE visible from TT.

Ratatouille is coming to EPCOT and I don't think it should be. I don't think TRON should be coming to MK, etc.

While I really want to see Mystic Manor in Hong Kong, I also don't want it copied to any other park.

No, I think the copies can and should stop.

I think there should be some uniqueness at each of the Disney resorts, but the overall offering should be similar, including some similar or outright identical attractions.

Disney doesn’t expect its parks to be pilgrimage destinations for every fan. They are meant to be regional offerings of the same brand of entertainment. There may be tweaks to the formula for that region’s tastes, but guests have certain expectations for when they step foot in a Disney park.

Is a Disney park a Disney park without POTC, HM or Space Mtn? What about a castle? Look at the uproar there was when WDW was originally built without Pirates. While I personally think Western River Expedition could have been amazing, the public spoke and expectations were set.

I like that I can go to DL and have some of the additions that started in WDW (Space Mtn is a big one). I also like it when they reuse a concept or ride tech for a different take on it (RSR vs. Test Track, GRR vs. Kali river rapids, GotG vs. ToT).

All in all, in my opinion, good ideas are worth sharing and shouldn’t be the exclusive right of one region over another.

LOL. Every single other park besides Disneyland is a clone of Disneyland. The entire reason why all the other parks exist is to give people around the world and the other half of this country a version of Disneyland. Cloning is the name of the game.

LOL. Every single other park besides Disneyland is a clone of Disneyland. The entire reason why all the other parks exist is to give people around the world and the other half of this country a version of Disneyland. Cloning is the name of the game.

Cloning is cheap. Disney is cheap (especially TDO).

And let's face it, at this point in the game attractions don't really have to be that good, because fans will laud any lame ride that has the Disney name on it and a character slapped into it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!