Mickey Power!!! - July 2019 - Once Upon a Time When DHS Opened After Sunrise - 2/27

How awesome that you were able to surprise the kids with their grandparents. It's so sweet how kids love extended family.

Bummer that Satu'li Canteen got overruled! That's the best QS restaurant at Disney. And definitely would've filled you up more than the pizza. *sigh* The joy of kids, though... :rotfl2:

This was the first of multiple issues we experienced this trip with lid free cups.

UGH! Even I"m nervous to drink without one.

R had a Sprite and he managed to knock it over, spilling it across the table and down the front of himself. He ended up not being too wet, but his legs and crocs were soaked. He flipped out. We ended up wiping him down as well as we could at the table, then I took him to the restroom to wash out his crocs and rinse the stickiness off of him better.

This is the WORST! Man wet sticky pants and shoes on a little one? Thanks, Disney.

As I mentioned before, they would be joining us for the last half of our trip. Mom bought B mermaid swimming lessons for her birthday and decided a week before our trip that she wanted to come and watch so they booked a trip. They planned to get to Disney World Tuesday evening, but they’d driven farther than they expected Monday night and by the time we were eating lunch, they were just about to Disney World property. We didn’t tell the kids, but mom said they were going to get checked in and meet up with us at AK.

What a fantastic surprise! We had the exact same one but that's getting way ahead of myself!! What a fun reunion!

We exited the theater and went to get the stroller. Right around the corner from the stroller parking area, Mom and Dad were sitting on a rock. The kids had no idea they were there, but B was the first to see them. She screamed and ran straight over for hugs.

:goodvibes This is so great!

Having accomplished our goals for AK, we were ready to get some dinner and call it a day. I was really hoping to go to Satu’li Canteen as it is another of my favorite QS places in Disney World. However, once again, I was overruled. The kids weren’t really liking anything on the menu.

Well, shoot, I wish you could have tried it. I love it there as it's something so different from the normal park food. But happy kids is the name of the game here.

But I had my salad and pizza and I was still hungry. This has been the case the last 2 times I had a Disney QS pizza. I started picking at crust and scraps of anything the kids had left.

Oh dear. Yeah, you'd think a pizza sold as a meal could fill an average eater up. Sheesh!

See that puddle of condensation underneath the tailpipe at the back of that van? This was about 9 or 10 hours after our frustrations in the parking lot that morning.

The van was still running.

Now I really thought it was funny!

Oh. My. Heck!! That has me laughing out loud. It's perfectly wonderful karma.

I walked around looking to see if it was locked, and it appeared that it wasn’t. I didn’t touch it, obviously, but let me tell you the temptation to move it to a random parking spot clear on the other side of the lot might have popped into my head.
Oh how I wish you'd done so.
Then again, Disney jail doesn't sound very appealing.

We spent quite a while out at the pool. We were out there late enough that I was leaned back against the edge, sitting in the water with R watching the fireworks from Illuminations. For the rough start we had that morning, it was a pretty cool way to end the day.

Delightful ending to the day. Done that with my own kiddos more than once and it's always such a great time!

Hi! Not sure if I commented on the last update, but I'll just jump in here! What's with the lid free cups? Was that specific to AK? We don't generally order sodas in parks and usually bring our own in bottles. I can't imagine that going well. Case and point, Sprite everywhere.

Nice that the kids liked Dinosaur, and the Lion King show is a great place to relax and cool down. What a sweet way for your parents to surprise the kids with their appearance.

I agree about FoP, it's a great ride, but I still love the roller coasters where you're really moving. I'm also less likely to get sick on a roller coaster.

I've never been to Pizzasafari. But you would think a meal would fill someone up. I can't eat and entire meal myself and Fran and I usually share one so we can have an appetizer or dessert.

I can't believe that the van was still running when you got back there. What idiots! You are definitely more mischievous than myself, it would have never occurred to me to do anything like moving it or whatever. :lmao:

Nice ending to the evening at the pool. That's what makes Disney so great, you can end a hectic day with a calm evening at the pool.

Oh dear! Yeah, I'm all for limiting plastic where it's feasible, or finding alternatives that work well. And leaving off the lids for grown adults who can [probably? sometimes?] handle that makes sense to me. With kids? Absolutely does not seem like a good idea to me.
Paper straws have their drawbacks, but I can deal with that. No lids with kids is a recipe for disaster. I don't remember though, I know AK always had paper straws, but did they ever have lids there?
This turned out great! Pretty good looking family you've got there!
Thanks!
Your dad and I have this in common.
I'm starting to get that way more and more all the time.
Agreed! Doesn't help that the screens exacerbate my motion sickness, but even if that weren't the case I don't find them as fun or interesting.
::yes::
:rotfl:

Probably for the best...but part of me wishes you had!
The temptation was real.
That sounds lovely! It's those simple moments that can sometimes be the ones we remember most. Definitely sounds like a good way to turn the day around. Couple that with your parents showing up and surprising the kids, and it sounds like there were definitely a few good moments in this day.
::yes:: It was a nice end to the day after the rough morning we had.
I love it! That's called karma :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
I agree, I honestly still can't believe the waits are still this long for the ride.
I know! I mean 20 minutes... ok, I can see that. But come on!
I mean, sounds like a great plan to me.
Frozen treats when you're standing in a hot park. Can't go wrong.
How sweet, I'm so glad it worked to calm him down. We had a very similar experience one time, and it really is that extra special touch of Disney magic.
::yes:: It was definitely a special thing... for some of the negatives that we witnessed, it was awesome to see that there are still CMs out there that take their role seriously and go above and beyond to give that Disney service.
You know what, you could have been the person that just blew up, but you didn't. Your frustration was warranted, but good for you for keeping cool and just walking away.
True.
That's because DW has great taste, it is the best show.
I mean, she married me. So yeah!
So cute, and what a happy surprise for them.
It really was fun to see their reactions.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:Is it evil that I really wish you did do that. Either way, the van running for hours, it hilarious and I hope drained much of their gas.
I can only hope that their fuel light was on and they didn't make it back to wherever they were staying.
Sometimes those evenings at the pool can do wonders. I am glad you were able to turn the day around.
::yes:: It was a nice way to end a rough day.

I was wondering if you'd go there. I certainly left the door wide open for you. You just had to walk through. Glad you did.
To take a shot at Mark? Yeah, I'm not missing that softball!
Yeah. This was not what Walt meant.
I would agree.
That's one place that's on my list (for a burger) but I have yet to set foot in.
We've been there a few times. Not sure it's a place I'd rave about and encourage you to go out of your way for, but I certainly have not had any complaints there. It's a good Disney burger.
Okay! I thought it was just me. "Can I have a lid?" "We don't have lids"
All I could think of was "There's gonna be a lot of spillage going on..."
I can't remember if they had lids in AK before or not... I know they always had paper straws.
Yeah... could almost see that one coming. :sad2:
A blind man could see that coming.
But of course.
You don't look so thrilled. Or were you having fun just looking cool for the camera?
I was taking a nap.
Taking advantage of that new knowledge, I see. :)
When I learn something... I use it. Unless I forget it.
It's a very good show. But... my new fave is Frozen Sing-a-long. Dang that was funny.
What? Really?
I mean I can kind of see it. Funny, yeah. If you get good historians. I've napped in there a couple of times though.
I hear you. I think FoP is stunning, but... I'm not sure if it edges out real motion.
Certainly not if you've been on the new Hagrid's ride at Universal.
I need to get back to Universal sometime...
Again, not really surprised. It must've all looked pretty intimidating.
They've been there before. There were items on the menu that they have eaten... I think B was just in one of those moods where she didn't want to eat anything we suggested and pizza won.
:sad2:
they got quite a bit done!
::yes:: I've only done that 3-4 times, but... it's great.
I just hope the masses don't figure out how to use it. It will obviously be much less effective once that happens.
YESSSSS!!!!!
I might've been tempted to open the door enough to look at the gas gauge... but wouldn't have moved it. Not a bad idea. I guess you're just a wee bit more evil than I am! :laughing:
I was trying to get a good angle to see it through the window. I really couldn't tell, but they don't burn much at an idle, even if it was running all day.
:) Sounds like a pretty good time was had.

What a frustrating morning. Some people are so annoying at Disney.
Yes. And you could probably remove "at Disney" and it still be completely appropriate.
I laughed about the van running :hyper:
Me too!
I hate when one CM says something and further down the line the next one says something completely different. I would have left Flame Tree as well.
::yes:: That is very frustrating.
I’m glad you enjoyed FOP, I really like it. Of course I get nervous and a sore neck on EE so this is not my favorite.
Definitely makes sense.
I bet your kids were happy to see their grandparents!
I think some places at Disney are serving smaller meals now.
Hmm.. Could be.
The pool time was a nice way to end the evening and yay to the pixie dust from the CM who helped make your little guy happy!
::yes:: There were some challenges, but pretty good day overall.
What a nice ending to your day! The van running - their day won't end so well :worship:
I can only hope they ran out of gas along the highway. But really, that thing wasn't guzzling gas sitting there at an idle. Most likely, I could see it overheating sitting there with no air getting through the radiator in that Florida heat. The thought of either outcome would make me chuckle.
I bet your parents loved that the kids were so happy to see them. I love it when my grandkids are excited to see me - that may not always be the case.
Hope your next day starts out smoother - I'll watch for an update!
Thanks!
I hate the drinks without lids!!! Sorry R ended up spilling :(
I have a hard enough time with it myself!
Sounds like a good afternoon at AK! I'm glad your parents got there early and the kids were excited to see them!
It was definitely a nice surprise for them.
That's a great pic of the older 2 holding hands!
They can be nice and get along sometimes.
The car was still running! :rotfl: That's hysterical. Karma, baby.
Sounds like a nice ending to the day. Glad it turned around for you!
It was a great way to end the day! Thanks!

Huh? Whadja say?
Nothing important. Go back to leaning on your shovel!
Ugh. I see the joy of the day is continuing.
In the stickiest of ways.
Nice job. It took me several trips before I got my kids to go on that one.
Our kids are pretty adventurous with rides. Honestly, B will try anything once as long as it is a ride and L loves Dinosaurs. The dug their heels in on Haunted Mansion though... that was the one thing they refused.
Lion King really is a great show. And I'm not much for the shows when I could be on rides instead.
::yes:: I'm right there with you.
Awesome! Glad they pulled it off.
I agree on all counts. I love FoP, but will always take a coaster over a simulator.
It's fine, if totally unmemorable. I still haven't had a bad meal at Disney.
I can say I've had 1 or 2. I wouldn't classify this one as bad... the pizza was ok, but it didn't fill me up and that's kind of atypical of a Disney meal.
WOW. That's just...perfect. I wish you could have stuck around to see the look on their faces.
Me too! But I didn't care enough to stick around.
Thank goodness. I'm glad you were able to rally to end the day.
It was a pretty good end to a day with ups and downs.
That's awesome! What a fantastic memory your kids will have.
I had also wanted to go to Satu'li but the picky eaters in my family thought the menu looked "weird" so they passed in favour of chicken nuggets somewhere else. Sigh....
We tried it the year it first opened and everyone enjoyed it. They just decided they didn't want anything on the menu this time.
That's about my thoughts. It's edible. Having said that,. I don't remember the last time I had Disney quick serve pizza.
I was pleasantly surprised by the Pizzafari family style dining on my last trip. It was very different pizza than the usual QS stuff. Closer to Via Napoli (not as good, but closer).
They were doing the family style thing that evening, but we didn't have a reservation for it and needed to use QS credits anyway.
Oh man, I probably would have had the same thought. But I wouldn't have done it.
I guess they got what they had coming to them.
I couldn't have done it... but it would have been hilarious!
No AC. Bummer
I'm not looking forward to this.
It can be an adventure.
It is a good choice for kids. I know your kids like chicken tenders at Disney.
Are you taking a nap?
I tried. We had a crazy driver though.
Nice picture.
Thanks!
Great reaction;
Poor Andy, always getting overruled.
That's my life.
I can't believe it wasn't taken.
I know!
Perfect ending to your day.
It really was!

To take a shot at Mark? Yeah, I'm not missing that softball!
I've never heard him called a softball before.
That fits, too.
We've been there a few times. Not sure it's a place I'd rave about and encourage you to go out of your way for, but I certainly have not had any complaints there. It's a good Disney burger.
Good enough for me. :)
I can't remember if they had lids in AK before or not... I know they always had paper straws.
I loathe paper straws.
I was taking a nap.
:laughing:
When I learn something... I use it. Unless I forget it.
I forget everything, so I use nothing.
What? Really?
I mean I can kind of see it. Funny, yeah. If you get good historians. I've napped in there a couple of times though.
I've only been once and they were good. :)
I was trying to get a good angle to see it through the window. I really couldn't tell, but they don't burn much at an idle, even if it was running all day.
Unless someone opens the door and puts something heavy on the gas pedal....

Poor R! They definitely need lids for kid's drinks!
::yes:: I really like them as adults too... lack of lids make carrying a drink around a little more difficult too.
So exciting! Such a great surprise for the kids!
One of my favourites too!
I typically prefer rides to shows, but this one is definitely worth seeing.
That's the best.....karma is awesome!
Mental note: bring a lidded cup to AK for the kid. (That shouldn't be a problem as we're a ways away from a lidless cup. I think!) Aside from that, I'm glad the meal was agreeable to everyone!
We had a cup for him. Probably should have poured his drink in it, but carbonation with toddler cups usually ends equally sticky once the pressure builds.
What a great surprise that your parents had arrived! Your kids, and in particular your daughter, look SO HAPPY in your picture!
The surprise definitely went over well!
I'm glad M will be along for the ride for the meals on this trip as I REALLY want to try Satu'li Canteen!
I like Satu'li! We tried it the first year it was open. The kids even ate there and liked it. They just were being stubborn and didn't want anything that was on the menu. Making sure the kids eat on vacation just isn't worth the battle of getting something they won't eat.
:rotfl: That is HYSTERICAL that their van was still running! It was probably good that you didn't move it (although the thought is pretty comical!), just in case they happened to return at the same time and got you arrested for auto theft. That would've been a bummer!
Good point. And maybe even more significant than an arrest, I really don't want to get banned from Disney or something.
It appears that you also have a City Mini stroller - would you happen to know which rain cover you use? The reviews for the City Mini branded ones are terrible so I'm not excited about dropping $40 to get one. I found a cheaper universal rain cover on Amazon with good reviews, but I'm unsure if it will survive the crazy Orlando downpours!
Yes! We love the stroller... I mean we didn't technically need the double stroller this time, but it's a great stroller for the parks so we took it. We have the City Mini rain cover. I guess I haven't seen the reviews so I don't know what the concerns are there. As you can see, when we get to the parks, we put it on around the handles and just leave it rolled up in the sun shades. With the pop up rains it makes it easy to just pull it down and clip it on the bottom. Also handy to be able to quickly do this when we are parking the stroller to go into a ride or show if the skies look ominous.
What I like about the cover: It is very thick, durable and when you put it on it fastens securely and does a great job keeping the stroller dry, even in heavy downpours and wind blowing sideways.
What I don't like: It doesn't breathe. At all. You really can't put a kid inside that thing for a long period of time without it getting hot and stuffy in there.
I, personally, think it is a good cover for Disney because the rains tend to pop up and be over quickly. It typically doesn't last long enough that you have to worry about the heat issue, and if it does, you're probably going to be looking for a place to get out of the rain yourself anyway. It is a less ideal cover if you're talking about being out in a light mist for a significant amount of time though - a cheaper, lighter cover that is ventilated better would be my choice for that. Also, I like the fact that this cover does hold up well to downpours and wind. I'd say the majority of the use we get out of it is when we park the stroller. I don't have to worry about finding an overhang or something to park under. I'll leave it anywhere, put the rain cover on and we have no concerns about our stroller or anything in it getting wet.
What a fun surprise! The kids looked so happy to see your parents.
::yes:: Their reaction was great!
sorry your food choices kept being vetoed!
That's pretty much typical
So fun to see fireworks from the pool!
It was a great way to end the day!

Thank you for all the information on the rain cover! It seems the older versions of the City Mini rain covers were excellent, but the newer ones are made more cheaply and don't hold up as well. I think I'll wait a few months and see if they have an even newer version for sale (it's currently unavailable at Buy Buy Baby and Amazon, which makes me think they're coming out with a new version). I appreciate your help (and the endorsement of it's use in the downpours!).

I know AK always had paper straws, but did they ever have lids there?

Yes, they absolutely did! I don't remember which trip it was (2012? 2015?), but our server at Yak and Yeti INSISTED on getting me an iced tea to-go and it was in a lidded cup with a paper straw. Perhaps the restaurants are different than the QS locations, but I would assume a lid ban would apply to them as well.

Who knows when they revised this policy? I mean, I get it, but it makes it pretty hard to order drinks for kids.

How awesome that you were able to surprise the kids with their grandparents. It's so sweet how kids love extended family.
Bummer that Satu'li Canteen got overruled! That's the best QS restaurant at Disney. And definitely would've filled you up more than the pizza. *sigh* The joy of kids, though... :rotfl2:
I enjoyed Satu'li a lot when we went after it first opened. However, as you noted in your TR, my favorite item on the menu is now on the kids' menu, so I question whether it would have filled me up either! :rotfl2:
UGH! Even I"m nervous to drink without one.
::yes:: I hear ya! Especially ups the difficulty factor when juggling a tray full of drinks and navigating a crowded QS restaurant looking for seats.
This is the WORST! Man wet sticky pants and shoes on a little one? Thanks, Disney.
Thankfully the pants didn't get much if any. And I could just rinse the crocs out in the sink. But still a big mess that they had to clean up on the table and floor.
What a fantastic surprise! We had the exact same one but that's getting way ahead of myself!! What a fun reunion!
Nice little teaser...
:goodvibes This is so great!
Well, shoot, I wish you could have tried it. I love it there as it's something so different from the normal park food. But happy kids is the name of the game here.
I've tried it. We went on our first visit to Pandora and the kids didn't have any problem finding something they'd eat. They just weren't feeling up to anything on the menu this time around.
Oh dear. Yeah, you'd think a pizza sold as a meal could fill an average eater up. Sheesh!
You think I'm average???? :rotfl2:
Oh. My. Heck!! That has me laughing out loud. It's perfectly wonderful karma.
Oh how I wish you'd done so.
Then again, Disney jail doesn't sound very appealing.
I don't know... I always picture Disney jail as that scene with the dog in Pirates. That might be fun.
Delightful ending to the day. Done that with my own kiddos more than once and it's always such a great time!
It really was a nice relaxing way to end it.
Hi! Not sure if I commented on the last update, but I'll just jump in here! What's with the lid free cups? Was that specific to AK? We don't generally order sodas in parks and usually bring our own in bottles. I can't imagine that going well. Case and point, Sprite everywhere.
I think the lid free thing came with the ban on plastic straws and switch to paper straws. I can't remember if they ever had lids in AK or not... I know they have tried to keep plastic out of that park.
Nice that the kids liked Dinosaur, and the Lion King show is a great place to relax and cool down. What a sweet way for your parents to surprise the kids with their appearance.
::yes:: It made for a nice afternoon.
I agree about FoP, it's a great ride, but I still love the roller coasters where you're really moving. I'm also less likely to get sick on a roller coaster.
Exactly!
I've never been to Pizzasafari. But you would think a meal would fill someone up. I can't eat and entire meal myself and Fran and I usually share one so we can have an appetizer or dessert.
It probably is adequate for most. I was probably just hungry at the time and when I'm hungry... well, I can eat. I
I can't believe that the van was still running when you got back there. What idiots! You are definitely more mischievous than myself, it would have never occurred to me to do anything like moving it or whatever. :lmao:
I mean I could never actually do it... but think about it and chuckle over the possibility? Absolutely!
Nice ending to the evening at the pool. That's what makes Disney so great, you can end a hectic day with a calm evening at the pool.

I loathe paper straws.
I mean I don't like them... but I can deal with them.

I just grab a whole handful and swap them out when they get soggy. Problem solved! :rotfl2:
I forget everything, so I use nothing.
:thumbsup2
Unless someone opens the door and puts something heavy on the gas pedal....
Wish I'd have thought of that one! :headache:
Yes, they absolutely did! I don't remember which trip it was (2012? 2015?), but our server at Yak and Yeti INSISTED on getting me an iced tea to-go and it was in a lidded cup with a paper straw. Perhaps the restaurants are different than the QS locations, but I would assume a lid ban would apply to them as well.

Who knows when they revised this policy? I mean, I get it, but it makes it pretty hard to order drinks for kids.
They revised it earlier this year. They replaced all straws property wide with paper straws and did away with lids. There were a few places that we found that still had some lids or plastic straws, but I'd imagine it was just part of the stock they still had left.

Paper straws have their drawbacks, but I can deal with that. No lids with kids is a recipe for disaster. I don't remember though, I know AK always had paper straws, but did they ever have lids there?

Hmmm. I don't remember either...

I have been out of the trip report loop since the beginning of the year, so it was great to pop on here and see the update on your family and catch up on your trip. Thanks for the updates on R!

Great title for your report!

Definitely some crazy stuff going on during your trip. The family in the van in the AK parking lot sounded like real tools, but apparently not the sharpest ones in the shed. Too funny that they left the van running the whole time they were in the park!

Ditto on the family who held up your wife's bus and then decided to make it a party ride.

Makes you wonder why they let people come to the parks.

Your character pictures are my favorite. You never know how the under 3's will react with that and it can change from moment to moment, so each interaction can be a "fun" new experience! Sounds like the character meals you scheduled were great calls. It must also warm your heart to see the older two bonding at times.

Yay for the surprise arrival of reinforcements. I mean grandparents.

Is it your personal stroller you are using in the parks? Part of my recent trip was with a friend and her almost 3 year old granddaughter. The first day in the park, at Hollywood Studios, the stroller was stolen from the small stroller lot while they were at the meet with Olaf. It wasn't moved by a CM (they asked) and just a few minutes later, they overheard another family talking about their stroller that went missing.

48601621007_3f3a596511_z.jpg

The kids in the first two rows really have their game faces on for Frozen. I have only been on this ride once and don't remember where the ride camera is. What horrifying thing is going on there?

We exited the theater and went to get the stroller. Right around the corner from the stroller parking area, Mom and Dad were sitting on a rock. The kids had no idea they were there, but B was the first to see them. She screamed and ran straight over for hugs.

What a great surprise for the kids! We've had my parents meet up with in the park when DS wasn't expecting it once, and the joy on his face was priceless!

I'm glad the day ended up turning around. And that's some good karma that those people left their van running all day!!

Hmmm. I don't remember either...
Others have chimed in... apparently they did used to have lids there, but just never plastic straws.
have been out of the trip report loop since the beginning of the year, so it was great to pop on here and see the update on your family and catch up on your trip. Thanks for the updates on R!
Well, welcome back!!!! Good to see you! I had my own multi month absence there for a while too.
Great title for your report!
Thanks!
Definitely some crazy stuff going on during your trip. The family in the van in the AK parking lot sounded like real tools, but apparently not the sharpest ones in the shed. Too funny that they left the van running the whole time they were in the park!
I tell you, it wouldn't be a Disney trip without something crazy happening!
Ditto on the family who held up your wife's bus and then decided to make it a party ride.
::yes:: It takes all kinds.
Makes you wonder why they let people come to the parks.
When I win the lottery, I'm renting it all out for myself.
Your character pictures are my favorite. You never know how the under 3's will react with that and it can change from moment to moment, so each interaction can be a "fun" new experience! Sounds like the character meals you scheduled were great calls. It must also warm your heart to see the older two bonding at times.
Exactly! Never know with the kids. We usually do have pretty good luck with character meals.
Yay for the surprise arrival of reinforcements. I mean grandparents.
::yes:: You were right on both counts.
Is it your personal stroller you are using in the parks? Part of my recent trip was with a friend and her almost 3 year old granddaughter. The first day in the park, at Hollywood Studios, the stroller was stolen from the small stroller lot while they were at the meet with Olaf. It wasn't moved by a CM (they asked) and just a few minutes later, they overheard another family talking about their stroller that went missing.
Yes, that is our personal stroller. We've never had issues with it... hopefully never will. We often leave things in or on the stroller, but essentially I make sure anything we leave isn't something we can't live without... I think it helps that we always have the rain cover and drinks and other things mounted to the stroller so ours, although a common style, is pretty readily identifiable in a sea of strollers. I'd think if one were to steal a stroller they'd want to blend in with the crowd? I don't know.
The kids in the first two rows really have their game faces on for Frozen. I have only been on this ride once and don't remember where the ride camera is. What horrifying thing is going on there?
The picture is taken at the drop and it often catches kids freaking out. My nephew rode it for the first time in June. He is terrified of pretty much any ride that isn't a slow moving dark ride and his face in that picture is epic!
What a great surprise for the kids! We've had my parents meet up with in the park when DS wasn't expecting it once, and the joy on his face was priceless!
It was a great surprise. They loved it!
I'm glad the day ended up turning around. And that's some good karma that those people left their van running all day!!
::yes:: We definitely ended on a strong note... and hopefully they didn't. :rotfl:

::yes:: I hear ya! Especially ups the difficulty factor when juggling a tray full of drinks and navigating a crowded QS restaurant looking for seats.

Hear, HEAR!!

Thankfully the pants didn't get much if any. And I could just rinse the crocs out in the sink. But still a big mess that they had to clean up on the table and floor.
But, all those spills in the name of saving plastic, probably just made twice the carbon footprint with the chemicals, gas with commuting extra labor in to clean, etc... Gimme a break.

Nice little teaser...

You know it!

I've tried it. We went on our first visit to Pandora and the kids didn't have any problem finding something they'd eat. They just weren't feeling up to anything on the menu this time around.

Oh I get that... the typical picky kid scenario.

You think I'm average???? :rotfl2:

OH Heavens no!! Far above average.

Wait!

What were we talking about?

I don't know... I always picture Disney jail as that scene with the dog in Pirates. That might be fun.

Oh good point! They look like they're healthy, well-fed pirates, so no starving either!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!