Mickey Power!!! - July 2019 - Once Upon a Time When DHS Opened After Sunrise - 2/27

What a frustrating bus ride! I've read of others complaining about the CBR bus stops. When we stayed there in 2016, though, we never had even a hint of a problem (thankfully!). Might have been because it was September crowds though.

I really like your family Main Street/castle picture. I want one with Main Street in the background!

See, that's why resorts with multiple bus stops worry me. What a nightmare for those people who couldn't get on at the stops...

There's so much discrepancy with the new RS rules. Some CMs follow it, some don't. I never encountered it at when I was at Disney, but I could see it causing some issues if it were. You just have to hope that the other adult is back before your window closes.

Mobile ordering is the best, especially when you've got kids.

Bummer the Splash photo never showed up.

Nice family photo on Main Street.

Man, the resort buses weren't very stellar that day, were they?

I’m a bit brief on the replies tonight, as we’re heading to Florida starting tomorrow morning! Still a bit of packing left to do…*anticipation building…*

Oof! The bus issues...this is the one thing that makes me really twitchy about large resorts with multiple bus stops.

I laughed at poor L on Pirates! What a bore…it’s a wonder he didn’t fall asleep!

Too bad about missing out on your Splash photo! Sounds like you had fun with it!

Skipper Kara’s name sounds familiar. I think we may have also had her boat before. And if it’s the skipper I’m thinking of, she definitely was awesome!

I miss Wishes, too. ::yes:: But it seems that HEA was a hit that night, and you got out of there in good time.

We decided for our return to the MK, we’d just take the bus. It only makes sense to avoid the TTC and everything that goes with it.
I haven't read that section of the UOG in a long time, but I'm sure that the book says taking a car is faster than the bus for every destination in WDW except MK.
It was packed.

3PM, at the resort.
I wonder if that's more a factor of the rain or they just run much fewer busses in the middle of the afternoon. Maybe both.
As we were waiting, we overheard a lady on the phone with the front desk. Apparently, she’d been waiting over an hour for an EPCOT bus and none had stopped. To say she was upset would be an understatement.
Whoa. Yeah, I might be a little ticked, too.
After about 15 minutes, a MK bus pulled up to our stop.
Not bad, but... was there an Epcot bus before that? Or was that lady still waiting?
And it was full. Standing room only and that standing room was very limited.
:headache:
We’d been there just outside the shelter waiting on the bus and people who had just walked up were coming up from behind trying to get on.
Jerks. Get in line!
I didn’t use the stroller as a weapon, but I did use it as a gate.
Smooth move.
someone was gracious enough to offer DW a seat since she was holding R.
Wait... she was standing??? Someone didn't already do that?
:sad2:
Still... glad it happened (eventually)
By the way, after he refused to take a nap in the room... he, fell asleep on the bus before we made it out of CBR.
Of course. :)
Once we got to Aruba, the bus that was standing room only opened up to have plenty of empty seats for everyone to sit down.
:eek:
You're kidding! What kind of poor planning is that???
We headed to the tapstile and I opened the cover enough to pull his arm up and use the Mickey Power to let us in. As I said, once he’s out, he’ll sleep through just about anything.
:laughing: So it seems. I can just picture that!
we got a message saying the ride was down and our FP had just become an anytime FP.
So... happy about that? Or...?
He then told us he’d scan the kids’ bands so they could ride with me, but DW and I would have to use our FP.
So I never have used RS. How does this differ?
that could have hung me out if something had happened that caused a delay since he wouldn’t give me RS.
Do you mean you might have missed your FP window?
48496738136_0809f171a4_z.jpg

Clearly, he woke up when we got him out of the stroller.
Clearly!
he wasn’t crazy about it, but he didn’t freak out.
Good!
Looks like this one is too tame for L these days.
:laughing: I noticed that. :)
I just can’t figure out how to counter that magic trick where they make us disappear. Can’t I just sit in the dark and AC for a little bit longer???
:laughing: Out! Out into the heat!
We went back over to get our stroller in the Pirates parking area and as I approached, there were 2 tween aged boys sitting behind the strollers. I don’t know if there was an outlet and they were sitting there to charge or what the reason was, but both had a phone in their hand doing something. I had to get around them with the stroller so I asked them if they’d move, please. They shifted their feet a little bit without looking up from their phones, not making nearly enough room to push a double stroller through. I ended up just picking the stroller up and lifting it over them.
:(
I very likely would have "accidentally" run over them and bumped into them (filled with plenty of "oh! sorry!" mixed in)
We headed in to Pecos Bill’s and I got on the app to let them know I was there. This was the first time I ever used mobile ordering and I was sold on it instantly.
That's where I used it for the first time too. It was great!
I took L and B to go ride Splash while they finished up.
FP?
Unfortunately, we don’t have any photographic evidence of this ride. We even planned for this one and B tapped her Magic Band on it when we left.
Well, poop! That's not okay.
The good news is that I kind of like the night time safaris and it was dusk by the time we boarded. Not completely dark by any means, but dark enough that our skipper was using the lights on the boat for some effect.
Love JC when it's dark. :)
We had Skipper Kara, and I did take note of her name, because she was awesome. Her comedic timing was perfect and she delivered her dad jokes in a way that would make dads everywhere proud.
Always the best when you get a good skipper. :)
We were among about the first 15 people or so waiting for the CBR bus and within about 10 minutes one rolled up.
Nice and nicer!
People were asking the bus driver what stop we were at and he wasn’t answering
Dude... sometimes you can take "not my job" a little too far.
so I started looking when the door opened and yelling which stop it was.
:laughing: And the people who didn't know appreciated it and those who did... wished you'd just shut up so they could nap!

The bus driver had everyone squeeze toward the back, allowing people on and it became a free for all. We’d been there just outside the shelter waiting on the bus and people who had just walked up were coming up from behind trying to get on.

Good for you! The moderate resort bus stops are perhaps the worst as people crowd toward the bus the minute they see one. The multiple stops at the moderate resorts also make for additional craziness as certain stops are busier than others and buses can fill and bypass some stops entirely. I'm glad your ride worked out so well for you!

He then told us he’d scan the kids’ bands so they could ride with me, but DW and I would have to use our FP.

This is the only time this trip we ran into this with RS.

So he wouldn't give you a RS at all? How frustrating! What's the point of offering RS if you won't actually give it?! What if someone else came in his place for the re-ride and they didn't know that your kids needed to go on again? Also, what if you split your FP+ between two attractions (although perhaps you didn't do that with two other kids that were tall enough for most rides)?

For those rides where they provided a RS pass, is it still a paper pass or have they changed it to an electronic pass that shows up on your account? And it's good though the end of the month? (Sorry for the questions, but RS will be new to me next trip!)

Looks like this one is too tame for L these days.

:rotfl2:

We headed in to Pecos Bill’s and I got on the app to let them know I was there. This was the first time I ever used mobile ordering and I was sold on it instantly.

Did it seem to work well for you pretty consistently? I think more quick service will be likely for me on our next trip and I look forward to something to make it easier!

Unfortunately, we don’t have any photographic evidence of this ride. We even planned for this one and B tapped her Magic Band on it when we left.

I hate when that happens! It always seems to occur when you've created a great ride photo.

After the 3rd or 4th switchback, I realized I was wrong... all the people we saw were in FP and the Standby was all routed through the switchbacks on the right hand side. We ended up waiting about 25 minutes with our FP.

Oh, dear! Perhaps they had a shutdown earlier in the day (or another ride did and everyone chose JC for their anytime pass) and the FP line really backed up? I've certainly been in a few long FP lines, but I don't think I've ever waited 25 minutes! I'm glad you were rewarded with a great skipper after that long wait in line.

And I have to say this is a trend I noticed a lot this trip. We didn’t get 6 or 8 shots like we have in the past. Pretty much everywhere around the park we’d stop, they’d take 3 pictures. And we’d be lucky to have 1 of them be anything good where we’re all even looking in the general direction of the camera and ready.

That's a bummer! I always loved running into PP photographers that would take multiple fun shots. (I understand that's not always possible when there's a backup for pictures, but it's nice when it happens!) I do like your picture, though!

We left as the last few fireworks were still going off and made it to the bus stop before much of a line formed.

Nice work!

They loaded us in and headed back to CBR. The audio that announces the stops wasn’t working on this ride, and when the lights come on inside, you can’t see out the windows.

How tough to not know the stops, especially for such a big resort like CBR! How nice of you to call out the stops for everyone!

So basically, we stood in a line to check in for about 25 minutes. Then approximately 3 minutes later our table was ready.

Ugh I hate restaurants that do this. Wouldn't it be easier just to check me in when I come up the first time and then make me wait til my reservation time if you need to? :confused3

It was kind of a high traffic area, but being 2 adults with 3 kids at a buffet it was a nice location. We could send L to get something and still have eyes on him.

That is nice. I'm sure L enjoyed having some freedom also.

And R decided to hop up and join in on the fun!

48430875166_aac2619eaa_z.jpg

Cute picture! Glad he decided to join in.

hef Mickey has become one of our go to places, but I’m just not really excited about it anymore.

It's off our list too. The food is too "meh" for the price.

So, while everyone else started relaxing in the room and unpacking things, this guy got to make a few more trips out through the monsoon to bring in luggage, snacks and whatever other crap was in some of those bags.

Oh no. :sad2:

Naturally, about the time I hauled in the last of our things, the rain stopped.

Of course!

The package was actually a gift bag that our TA had sent for us. It was a nice little Mickey bag filled with all kinds of snacks. We appreciated the surprise!

What a nice touch!

As we were waiting, we overheard a lady on the phone with the front desk. Apparently, she’d been waiting over an hour for an EPCOT bus and none had stopped. To say she was upset would be an understatement.

I would be livid! One of my major complaints about CBR.

The bus driver had everyone squeeze toward the back, allowing people on and it became a free for all. We’d been there just outside the shelter waiting on the bus and people who had just walked up were coming up from behind trying to get on.

Ugh. Major pet peeve for me.

By the way, after he refused to take a nap in the room... he, fell asleep on the bus before we made it out of CBR.

Oo that's a win.

Nice for us, but sucks for everyone that had to be left behind to “wait for the next bus.”

Yeah that's beyond frustrating.

hey shifted their feet a little bit without looking up from their phones, not making nearly enough room to push a double stroller through.

You're nicer than me- I would've just run them over lol

After the 3rd or 4th switchback, I realized I was wrong... all the people we saw were in FP and the Standby was all routed through the switchbacks on the right hand side. We ended up waiting about 25 minutes with our FP.

This has been every time we use FP on Jungle Cruise the last few trips. Not sure what the deal is.

People were asking the bus driver what stop we were at and he wasn’t answering, so I started looking when the door opened and yelling which stop it was.

How kind of you! You're hired!

I Miss Wishes!

I relate to this HARD!

Ha! Love this.

Of course! Wouldn't expect anything else. At least he got in a good nap.

We headed to the tapstile and I opened the cover enough to pull his arm up and use the Mickey Power to let us in. As I said, once he’s out, he’ll sleep through just about anything.

This visual is killing me 😆

We went up to BTMRR to get our RS pass. DW was taking the first ride and as we checked in with the CM to get RS, he asked if we were doing standby or FP. We told him FP. He then told us he’d scan the kids’ bands so they could ride with me, but DW and I would have to use our FP.

This is the only time this trip we ran into this with RS. But I just wanted to include it because obviously, there is some discretion of the CMs when it comes to RS. It ended up working fine because we were early in the window and had plenty of time, but that could have hung me out if something had happened that caused a delay since he wouldn’t give me RS.

Thanks for sharing this. I am going next month and we are going to be using the RS for the first time so I am trying to really get a good idea of how it all works and this is great to know!

We were trying to act panicked about the people who fell out of the front row. Oh well.

That stinks that you didn't get the picture, because that sounds hilarious!

Sounds like a great first day!!

Ooh, confession time! When I worked in FanLand attractions, we were always confused with how to do RS because it isn't covered very well in training. I remember only two occasions in my life where someone asked for RS at PPF, and I just ended up sending the party through the FP+ lane until everyone who could ride and wanted to ride got on-- I no clue how to even facilitate RS because it's covered so little in training. A few of my friends at my location would tell families that Peter Pan's Flight didn't offer RS because "there was no height requirement for Peter Pan."
Honestly, Disney is very bad about clearly informing everyone what the policy is and how it works. Honestly, by my understanding of it, PP shouldn't even be a RS attraction, because there's no height requirement. But since RS is essentially just a DAS pass now, it definitely can be left open to interpretation or a judgement call on the part of the CM out front.
I haven't done Mobile Ordering at the Parks yet... I need to try it this trip!
There are a lot of changes that have come along in recent years that irritate me. This one is a total win and I love it!
Awesome, AWESOME day at MK! This report is so detailed, I love it!
Thank you! I sometimes worry about too much detail and being too wordy, but I appreciate the kind words!
What a frustrating bus ride! I've read of others complaining about the CBR bus stops. When we stayed there in 2016, though, we never had even a hint of a problem (thankfully!). Might have been because it was September crowds though.
It can just be so hit or miss. That's probably my biggest knock on Moderate resorts in general is the fact that you have multiple stops and it can create some chaos on the bus system. At least at a deluxe or the values, everyone is standing in one spot waiting on a bus for MK, or at another spot waiting on a bus for EPCOT. In those cases, they can monitor it and radio if they need an extra bus for a certain destination. At Moderates it just feels chaotic.
I really like your family Main Street/castle picture. I want one with Main Street in the background!
Thank you! We really weren't trying for anything in particular with the location, we honestly just walked down Main Street until we got far enough away that there was a PP with no line!
See, that's why resorts with multiple bus stops worry me. What a nightmare for those people who couldn't get on at the stops...
::yes::
There's so much discrepancy with the new RS rules. Some CMs follow it, some don't. I never encountered it at when I was at Disney, but I could see it causing some issues if it were. You just have to hope that the other adult is back before your window closes.
Yes. And it worked fine for us, but the whole RS system just isn't very well explained on Disney's part. The information on the website isn't even accurate, so I can't really say for certain that I know what the actual rules are to question the CMs on it!
Mobile ordering is the best, especially when you've got kids.
::yes:: ::yes:: This is the best thing they've done with technology.
Bummer the Splash photo never showed up.
It was, but not the end of the world...
Nice family photo on Main Street.
Thanks!
Man, the resort buses weren't very stellar that day, were they?
Not really. I always go in wanting to use Disney Transportation more and end up driving by the end of the week... this trip wouldn't change that.
I’m a bit brief on the replies tonight, as we’re heading to Florida starting tomorrow morning! Still a bit of packing left to do…*anticipation building…*
Have a great trip!
Oof! The bus issues...this is the one thing that makes me really twitchy about large resorts with multiple bus stops.
::yes:: That's the downfall of moderate resorts, IMO
I laughed at poor L on Pirates! What a bore…it’s a wonder he didn’t fall asleep!
And he likes that ride... I don't even know what that was all about.
Too bad about missing out on your Splash photo! Sounds like you had fun with it!
It is what it is, I guess. Would have liked to have more pictures for this TR!
Skipper Kara’s name sounds familiar. I think we may have also had her boat before. And if it’s the skipper I’m thinking of, she definitely was awesome!
She was pretty awesome... great attitude and sense of humor.
I miss Wishes, too. ::yes:: But it seems that HEA was a hit that night, and you got out of there in good time.
::yes:: And it isn't that I don't like HEA... it just isn't Wishes. And never will be.

I haven't read that section of the UOG in a long time, but I'm sure that the book says taking a car is faster than the bus for every destination in WDW except MK.
I wonder if that's more a factor of the rain or they just run much fewer busses in the middle of the afternoon. Maybe both.
Probably a little bit of both.
Whoa. Yeah, I might be a little ticked, too.
Not bad, but... was there an Epcot bus before that? Or was that lady still waiting?
Oh no... she was still waiting. And still very vocal. We saw Disney Springs and AK roll up before MK, but no, she didn't get an EPCOT bus before we left.
Jerks. Get in line!
If only there were a line and not a cluster.
Smooth move.
A stroller at Disney World is kind of a multi tool!
Wait... she was standing??? Someone didn't already do that?
Still... glad it happened (eventually)
Actually, yes, we got on and it was was standing room only, but someone got up and offered her the seat before we took off.
:eek:
You're kidding! What kind of poor planning is that???
I guess it is just a product of the "bus loop." It always started near our end and Aruba was on the tail end of the loop (either last or second last). If they follow the same loop every time, I guess there's really no way around planning for something like that happening.
:laughing: So it seems. I can just picture that!
All I needed was a wrist!
So... happy about that? Or...?
Not really... Splash is the kids' favorite ride and one of my favorites. We really wanted to ride it.
So I never have used RS. How does this differ?
In most cases with RS, you walk up and tell them you need it. They'll then use their little tablet thingy to put a RS pass on the MagicBand of the kids that are riding twice and the adult that will be sitting out the first ride. The RS is basically just another FP that doesn't count against your 3 (or 4,5,6, whatever). They set the RS so that if you go standby, the pass will allow you to ride in 45 minutes if the posted wait is 45.... if you're FP, the RS will allow you to ride in maybe 15 minutes or however long they expect the FP wait to be. The RS passes were good from that start time until the park closed the day it was issued so it definitely gives you a bigger window to get the ride in than your typical 1 hour FP window. Most CMs were issuing the RS to the adult, no questions asked... this guy was a stick in the mud and insisted that the adults both had to use FP and he only added the RS pass to the kids for their second ride.
Do you mean you might have missed your FP window?
::yes:: Essentially, that was the concern, which is why we wanted to get the RS. In actuality, we were early in our window and it shouldn't have been a problem. But if there's a ride breakdown, rain starts again, whatever... well, no BTMRR for me.
:laughing: Out! Out into the heat!
:rotfl2: That's the truth!
:(
I very likely would have "accidentally" run over them and bumped into them (filled with plenty of "oh! sorry!" mixed in)
Huh... I guess I must have been in a better mood than I thought that afternoon!
That's where I used it for the first time too. It was great!
I should have clarified. Yes, that anytime FP got used for its original purpose!
Well, poop! That's not okay.
Love JC when it's dark. :)
::yes:: Me too! It wasn't too dark, but it was nice to get that dusk, almost dark cruise!
Always the best when you get a good skipper. :)
They make or break the entire experience!
Nice and nicer!
Still not under that 5 minute mark though... :rolleyes1
Dude... sometimes you can take "not my job" a little too far.
::yes:: I almost wondered if he didn't speak English well? People were yelling out asking what stop it was and he just kind of looked back and didn't say anything...
:laughing: And the people who didn't know appreciated it and those who did... wished you'd just shut up so they could nap!
Hey, the lights coming on already woke them up anyway!
Good for you! The moderate resort bus stops are perhaps the worst as people crowd toward the bus the minute they see one. The multiple stops at the moderate resorts also make for additional craziness as certain stops are busier than others and buses can fill and bypass some stops entirely. I'm glad your ride worked out so well for you!
::yes:: It is a chaotic set up in some ways. I'm glad it worked for us, but feel for the others left along the way.
So he wouldn't give you a RS at all? How frustrating! What's the point of offering RS if you won't actually give it?! What if someone else came in his place for the re-ride and they didn't know that your kids needed to go on again? Also, what if you split your FP+ between two attractions (although perhaps you didn't do that with two other kids that were tall enough for most rides)?

For those rides where they provided a RS pass, is it still a paper pass or have they changed it to an electronic pass that shows up on your account? And it's good though the end of the month? (Sorry for the questions, but RS will be new to me next trip!)
Ok, I guess I should have given a better rundown of how RS works now. It is electronic, not a paper pass. You go up to the entrance or actually to the DAS CM if they have a stand near the entrance of the ride. They scan the magicband on a tablet and add a RS pass that works just like a FP to return and ride later. They will scan the MB of the person sitting out the first ride and up to 2 others who will ride twice. Once they scan and give you the RS, you can get on the App and see who has RS and it tells you for which attraction and what time it becomes good. If you ride standby and the wait is 45 minutes, you'd get an RS pass that opens up in 45 minutes. If you were FP, the RS pass would be good beginning maybe 10-15 minutes after they gave it to you. During our trip, all RS passes could be used from the beginning time stated through the time the park closed that day. So while both of us having FP for BTMRR worked, there are reasons it would have been nice to be granted the RS.

Technically, the whole splitting FP trick is a loophole in the system. Disney doesn't come out and tell you that's allowed, but they typically let you do it. I just wanted to share this story, because I've had it happen before at 7DMT and this time here at BTMRR where if we were employing that system, it was not going to work out. It was fine because we didn't split FP, since it would have been a logistical nightmare, but we always got RS anyway just so that we could extend our FP window beyond that original hour. There were no other cases during this trip where we had FP and still wanted RS that they questioned us or hesitated to give it to us.
Did it seem to work well for you pretty consistently? I think more quick service will be likely for me on our next trip and I look forward to something to make it easier!
I'm not shy about voicing my displeasure about some of the changes and "upgrades" they've made through MDE... but this one is a win. It worked very well for us every time we used it. I could see it becoming less useful as more and more people catch on to it and start using it. Then it will probably be like FP... you don't use it to get ahead of the crowd, you use it out of necessity.
I hate when that happens! It always seems to occur when you've created a great ride photo.
::yes:: And when you're writing a TR that desperately needs photos!
Oh, dear! Perhaps they had a shutdown earlier in the day (or another ride did and everyone chose JC for their anytime pass) and the FP line really backed up? I've certainly been in a few long FP lines, but I don't think I've ever waited 25 minutes! I'm glad you were rewarded with a great skipper after that long wait in line.
I don't know... we just seemed to experience long FP return lines in general. And from some of the comments, it seems like this might be a trend at this particular attraction lately.
That's a bummer! I always loved running into PP photographers that would take multiple fun shots. (I understand that's not always possible when there's a backup for pictures, but it's nice when it happens!) I do like your picture, though!
::yes:: It really seemed like a "run them through" type mentality this time. Even if there wasn't a line, it was like click, click, click, done.
And this was for the "landmark" photos around the parks as well as the ones with characters. spoiler - CRT was the worst of them all!
How tough to not know the stops, especially for such a big resort like CBR! How nice of you to call out the stops for everyone!
It's really bad at night though... the lights come on, your eyes can't adjust and you can't even see out the windows to look for landmarks!

Ugh I hate restaurants that do this. Wouldn't it be easier just to check me in when I come up the first time and then make me wait til my reservation time if you need to? :confused3
To be fair, we weren't there early enough to check in early this time anyway. But I know from past experience that they typically don't let you check in more than 15 minutes early anyway and that would have gained us nothing since the line was already longer than that! And especially now, when they text you anyway. Let me check in and head to the bar or the gift shop. Text me when you want me to come back. It just seems too easy and obvious to me. :confused3
That is nice. I'm sure L enjoyed having some freedom also.
Cute picture! Glad he decided to join in.
Yeah, I wasn't sure if he would or not, but it was great to see him finally get into it!
It's off our list too. The food is too "meh" for the price.
What a nice touch!
She really is awesome.
I would be livid! One of my major complaints about CBR.
::yes:: To be fair, I feel like this is a "moderate resort" thing in general.
Ugh. Major pet peeve for me.
::yes:: I don't like chaos. I like lines. Even if it isn't a formal line, recognize the hierarchy! Like I was here first, I get on first. That kind of thing just makes me anxious!
Oo that's a win.
::yes:: It was definitely going to make our evening go a lot smoother!
Yeah that's beyond frustrating.
I just hope it wasn't as bad for them as it was for the EPCOT lady!
You're nicer than me- I would've just run them over lol
If it was day 6 instead of day 1... I probably would have. :rotfl2:
This has been every time we use FP on Jungle Cruise the last few trips. Not sure what the deal is.
Seems I've heard this from a few different people. Not a trend that I really like to see.
How kind of you! You're hired!
To ride around on a Disney bus and yell at people! I'll take it!
I relate to this HARD!
It's not that I think HEA is bad... I just can't seem to connect to it in any meaningful way. Wishes was special.
Ha! Love this.
The one good thing about a double stroller.
Of course! Wouldn't expect anything else. At least he got in a good nap.
This visual is killing me 😆
I tell you, he'll sleep through about anything once he's finally out. I am glad though that I had my fingerprint on it instead of his.
Thanks for sharing this. I am going next month and we are going to be using the RS for the first time so I am trying to really get a good idea of how it all works and this is great to know!
This is the only place we had an issue with them not giving RS to us when using FP. Everybody else did it without question. But I know some split FP to try to get an "extra" here or there so I just wanted to share this particular experience.
That stinks that you didn't get the picture, because that sounds hilarious!

Sounds like a great first day!!
We tried to get a good one... oh well. It happens, I guess.

Ok, I guess I should have given a better rundown of how RS works now. It is electronic, not a paper pass. You go up to the entrance or actually to the DAS CM if they have a stand near the entrance of the ride. They scan the magicband on a tablet and add a RS pass that works just like a FP to return and ride later. They will scan the MB of the person sitting out the first ride and up to 2 others who will ride twice. Once they scan and give you the RS, you can get on the App and see who has RS and it tells you for which attraction and what time it becomes good. If you ride standby and the wait is 45 minutes, you'd get an RS pass that opens up in 45 minutes. If you were FP, the RS pass would be good beginning maybe 10-15 minutes after they gave it to you. During our trip, all RS passes could be used from the beginning time stated through the time the park closed that day. So while both of us having FP for BTMRR worked, there are reasons it would have been nice to be granted the RS.

Technically, the whole splitting FP trick is a loophole in the system. Disney doesn't come out and tell you that's allowed, but they typically let you do it. I just wanted to share this story, because I've had it happen before at 7DMT and this time here at BTMRR where if we were employing that system, it was not going to work out. It was fine because we didn't split FP, since it would have been a logistical nightmare, but we always got RS anyway just so that we could extend our FP window beyond that original hour. There were no other cases during this trip where we had FP and still wanted RS that they questioned us or hesitated to give it to us.

Thank you so much for the detailed rundown! I feel so much more prepared! :goodvibes

Oh no... she was still waiting. And still very vocal.
:eek: Wow! I'd be pretty darn vocal too!
If only there were a line and not a cluster.
Or mob.
A stroller at Disney World is kind of a multi tool!
:laughing:
Actually, yes, we got on and it was was standing room only, but someone got up and offered her the seat before we took off.
Oh, okay. that's good, then.
In most cases with RS, you walk up and tell them you need it. They'll then use their little tablet thingy to put a RS pass on the MagicBand of the kids that are riding twice and the adult that will be sitting out the first ride. The RS is basically just another FP that doesn't count against your 3 (or 4,5,6, whatever). They set the RS so that if you go standby, the pass will allow you to ride in 45 minutes if the posted wait is 45.... if you're FP, the RS will allow you to ride in maybe 15 minutes or however long they expect the FP wait to be. The RS passes were good from that start time until the park closed the day it was issued so it definitely gives you a bigger window to get the ride in than your typical 1 hour FP window. Most CMs were issuing the RS to the adult, no questions asked... this guy was a stick in the mud and insisted that the adults both had to use FP and he only added the RS pass to the kids for their second ride.
Ohhh... okay.
::yes:: Essentially, that was the concern, which is why we wanted to get the RS. In actuality, we were early in our window and it shouldn't have been a problem. But if there's a ride breakdown, rain starts again, whatever... well, no BTMRR for me.
yeah... basically... thanks for nothing.
Huh... I guess I must have been in a better mood than I thought that afternoon!
Well you are in Disney, you know.
They make or break the entire experience!
Still not under that 5 minute mark though... :rolleyes1
Need the VIP bus pass for that.
::yes:: I almost wondered if he didn't speak English well? People were yelling out asking what stop it was and he just kind of looked back and didn't say anything...
Maybe? But... Hmmm... does Disney hire non-English speaking bus drivers?
Hey, the lights coming on already woke them up anyway!
:laughing: Point taken.

Well, I fell way behind as I was off the DIS for most of the summer, but I finished up your PTR and caught up here, as well! It sounds like LG did pretty well as your trip began. Looking forward to hearing about the rest of the trip! I just have to say, your kids have the best smiles!!

:eek: Wow! I'd be pretty darn vocal too!
Not that you would ever have that kind of problem... :rolleyes1
Need the VIP bus pass for that.
I'm a cheapskate, I guess.
Maybe? But... Hmmm... does Disney hire non-English speaking bus drivers?
Well, I don't know. :confused3 That was all I could come up with, I never really heard him say anything, and he seemed unresponsive to what others were saying. Maybe it isn't language, maybe he's just an an a... butthole.
Well, I fell way behind as I was off the DIS for most of the summer, but I finished up your PTR and caught up here, as well!
:welcome: Thanks for joining. I can relate to the absence. I was gone from the dis for the better part of a year, but it has really been great to be back and be a part of this community!
It sounds like LG did pretty well as your trip began. Looking forward to hearing about the rest of the trip! I just have to say, your kids have the best smiles!!
Thanks!

We went out to the bus stop in the Barbados section to find it... well, full.

It was packed.

3PM, at the resort.

I guess people who had waited out the rain decided to all go back out now?

After about 15 minutes, a MK bus pulled up to our stop.

And it was full. Standing room only and that standing room was very limited.

Ugh. This just sounds like a joy all around.

WIN!

So you had that going for you, which was nice.

Clearly, he woke up when we got him out of the stroller. I kept talking to him and trying to talk up what was happening... he wasn’t crazy about it, but he didn’t freak out. Looks like this one is too tame for L these days.

:rotfl2: An understatement based on that photo!

They shifted their feet a little bit without looking up from their phones, not making nearly enough room to push a double stroller through. I ended up just picking the stroller up and lifting it over them.

Stay classy, fellas!

I can't blame them. When I go to Disney World, what I really want to do is sit down and play games on my phone.

We headed in to Pecos Bill’s and I got on the app to let them know I was there. This was the first time I ever used mobile ordering and I was sold on it instantly. As I looked at the other lines where the peasants were waiting 8 or 10 deep, I walked right up to the counter, waited a couple of minutes and left with our food. It worked great!

I agree! Mobile ordering was very nice.

We had Skipper Kara, and I did take note of her name, because she was awesome. Her comedic timing was perfect and she delivered her dad jokes in a way that would make dads everywhere proud.

Excellent. It all depends on the skipper.

Pretty much everywhere around the park we’d stop, they’d take 3 pictures. And we’d be lucky to have 1 of them be anything good where we’re all even looking in the general direction of the camera and ready.

So here’s the best one we got...

Probably depends on the time of day, crowds, number of people waiting for a photo...

Still, I think your photo turned out well.

The audio that announces the stops wasn’t working on this ride, and when the lights come on inside, you can’t see out the windows. People were asking the bus driver what stop we were at and he wasn’t answering, so I started looking when the door opened and yelling which stop it was.

Come on, dude. That's just poor.

Sorry it's taken me so long to get over here, but I'm here and I'm caught up. First of all let me say this quote:

The worst part about going to Disney World has always been the other people.

If that's not the most accurate thing ever I don't know what is. I said on this last trip to DH, "WDW makes me hate people" :rotfl2:
And I have to say this is a trend I noticed a lot this trip. We didn’t get 6 or 8 shots like we have in the past. Pretty much everywhere around the park we’d stop, they’d take 3 pictures. And we’d be lucky to have 1 of them be anything good where we’re all even looking in the general direction of the camera and ready.
I also noticed this too. I thought it was because we were two adults, and are able to quickly get the shot. But if this is the case in December with all my kids, I will be very disappointed.

Overall it sounds like you had a pretty good day despite the hiccups from Disney and annoying guests.

Not that you would ever have that kind of problem... :rolleyes1
Nope! :)
Well, I don't know. :confused3 That was all I could come up with, I never really heard him say anything, and he seemed unresponsive to what others were saying. Maybe it isn't language, maybe he's just an an a... butthole.
Or... "I'm not yelling out stops all day. Disney can either fix the bus or hire a caller."

Yikes, what a chaotic bus experience back to the park!

But sounds like a good time at MK. Glad you got on both BTMRR and Splash!

I still haven't tried mobile ordering but sounds like its great for busy times of the day!

Glad you could end your day with HEA!

Ugh. This just sounds like a joy all around.
That's the Disney World bus experience, in a nutshell.
So you had that going for you, which was nice.
:rotfl2: An understatement based on that photo!
He loves Pirates... not sure what was up with that. :rotfl2:
Stay classy, fellas!

I can't blame them. When I go to Disney World, what I really want to do is sit down and play games on my phone.
I know... it's not like there's anything better to do.
I agree! Mobile ordering was very nice.
Easily the best "feature" they've added through MDE.
Excellent. It all depends on the skipper.
Probably depends on the time of day, crowds, number of people waiting for a photo...

Still, I think your photo turned out well.
I could understand that... but this seemed to be a common thing every time we went to a photopass on this trip, regardless of the time of day. And we typically only stop for pictures if there isn't a line, so it isn't like they were 20 deep behind us waiting for pictures.
Come on, dude. That's just poor.
Sorry it's taken me so long to get over here, but I'm here and I'm caught up. First of all let me say this quote:

If that's not the most accurate thing ever I don't know what is. I said on this last trip to DH, "WDW makes me hate people" :rotfl2:
Well, you have a very good excuse for not being on the boards for a while. I hope you enjoyed your trip!

And yeah, we've had some pleasant experiences with other guests and I know there are plenty of good ones at the park on any given day based on getting to know people here on the boards... but in general people are an annoyance!
I also noticed this too. I thought it was because we were two adults, and are able to quickly get the shot. But if this is the case in December with all my kids, I will be very disappointed.

Overall it sounds like you had a pretty good day despite the hiccups from Disney and annoying guests.
The photopass thing really seemed to be very consistent through our trip. I looked back and aside from a few character meets, none of them took more than 3 pictures and most were honestly not great. We've got a lot of pictures of us still getting into position and posing or looking at R trying to get him ready for the picture.

It really was a great first day. Honestly, we accomplished everything we wanted to, and more!
Or... "I'm not yelling out stops all day. Disney can either fix the bus or hire a caller."
And I did it for free... :headache:
Yikes, what a chaotic bus experience back to the park!
It was pretty crazy.
But sounds like a good time at MK. Glad you got on both BTMRR and Splash!
::yes:: My 2 favorites in all of MK! Any time I get to ride them is a good day!
I still haven't tried mobile ordering but sounds like its great for busy times of the day!
It is the greatest thing they've done. Honestly, I love it. However, I can see it losing some of its benefit once more people realize it is there and get comfortable using it. It seemed that in most cases there was never more than 1 or 2 people waiting on mobile orders when I did it, but one night at Centertown Market, we probably could have gotten our food quicker had I gone to the register and ordered because there were a lot of mobile pick ups.
Glad you could end your day with HEA!
::yes:: It's a good show and I do enjoy it. I just enjoyed Wishes more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter