Mickey Waffle Maker

underthesea2016

Earning My Ears
file_77b2e9e3.jpeg

Has anyone seen/purchased this new Mickey 90th Anniversary waffle maker? I ordered one, and it looks like it might actually make Mickey waffles like the ones in the resorts and parks. Disney has never offered a waffle make that makes the "authentic" waffles before, so I was hoping there was someone who could tell me what the waffles this machine makes actually look like...

It looks like my old one that just made pancake-like "waffles."

I replaced it with an old-fashioned waffle maker and bought the mix that Disney uses called Carbon's Golden Malted. If you order it, go on the Golden Malted website. They have a 33 oz. canister for $14.99. Amazon has it for the higher price of $21.83.

Last edited:

I replaced it with an old-fashioned waffle maker and bought the mix that Disney uses called Carbon's Golden Malted. If you order it, go on the Golden Malted website. They have a 33 oz. canister for $14.99. Amazon has it for the higher price of $21.83.
Malted milk powder added to waffle mix is a thing of beauty. King Arthur sells it as also and you can make a malted shake with it as well as baked breakfast goodies. No idea what the price is though.

Darn, I was hoping for crispy little cakes of deliciousness...☹️

I actually think it looks different from the pancake style waffle iron.

It’s a flip one and looks thicker to me than previous versions. I’m ordering it! I have a few cans of Carbon’s Golden Malted too, which we love. Hoping I can make a proper Mickey waffle at home now with this new waffle iron! Will report back :)

It’s a flip one and looks thicker to me than previous versions. I’m ordering it! I have a few cans of Carbon’s Golden Malted too, which we love. Hoping I can make a proper Mickey waffle at home now with this new waffle iron! Will report back :)

I was tempted to get one, too. The flip style waffle irons are so much better than the other type, in my experience.

This looks like the one my daughter got me for Christmas. It was in a yellow and black box that said 90th birthday. It makes regular waffles, not the pancake kind. Although, they are not as deep as the ones at WDW. But the ones in the parks are extra deep to me. These are like regular, normal waffles.

She actually bought it at CVS. They had several 90th birthday items. She also got me a Mickey and Minnie Pez dispenser.

I agree. To me, the picture looks like the exact waffles you see at the parks. I'm sure they wouldn't be as good as the ones at Disney, but here's hoping they are close!!

We still have one of the old single thick mickey waffle makers. Still works well. This one looks like it makes the mini thick waffles. Not a fan of the thins, but this one looks good.

Yeah...that one reminds me a lot of my Mickey "waffle" maker that really just makes cute pancakes. They still are cute, but I hate trying to clean it since I prefer when you can remove the plates and properly soak/wash them.

17384943953_a02124e761_z.jpg
[/url]

We had (have?) that one, too. Much happier with my Cinderella waffle iron, as it makes real waffles.

Yeah...that one reminds me a lot of my Mickey "waffle" maker that really just makes cute pancakes. They still are cute, but I hate trying to clean it since I prefer when you can remove the plates and properly soak/wash them.

17384943953_a02124e761_z.jpg
[/url]

I am happy to report back that the new 90th waffle maker is not like the pancake style ones (I have seen those.) It makes 6 crispy, fluffy Mickey waffles at a time - a little bit thinner than at WDW but BY FAR the most authentic Mickey waffle iron I’ve used.

Ok, my waffle maker came yesterday and.....

It makes Mickey WAFFLES!!! Maybe slightly thinner, but still so crispy, soft, and good!! So happy!

Yes!!!!!! I’m so happy with it. We’re having them this morning!

Last edited:
I’m dying! Been looking for years for the “real Mickey” waffle maker, stumbled across this post(Thank you!) and it’s SOLD OUT. The Golden Malted mix is the best, but it would taste better with this waffle maker. I’ll have to stalk the Shop Disney site until it comes back in stock. Thanks again for letting me know it actually exists!

I have had the original Villaware 4 head Mickey waffle maker since 1999 and I cherish it. I really miss when you could find things like these in their shops. I always coveted this one when they were selling it over 20 years ago in the Downtown Disney kitchen shop. Everything is so blah now!

Talked to a ShopDisney rep via online chat and they could not confirm "when or if" they would be restocking, adding that it was a very popular item. They just told me to keep checking the website daily...

Talked to a ShopDisney rep via online chat and they could not confirm "when or if" they would be restocking, adding that it was a very popular item. They just told me to keep checking the website daily...

I’ve been checking daily, and today, they are back in stock! Went through the add one to your cart a few times, only to get the same error message, they are out of stock, but just tried again a few minutes ago, and hit it! Payment went through, with a confirmation! Woot!

Good luck all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!