Mickey Waffle Maker

So lucked out when they restocked them a while ago. Hit it at the right moment I guess...
Although we have enjoyed many a Mickey waffle since it arrived, we have had trouble getting that crispy exterior happening. The interiors are great, but they deflate if you don’t eat them straight away. We tried normal waffle mix, and a malted mix, but not the official mix WDW uses. Is that what it is going to take? Is the price worth it?

As another poster posted, the dial needs to set almost all the way over for the crispy goodness. I used the Carbon malted. You also have to turn it pretty quickly to get good even outside coating and achieve the crispy outside and fluffy inside.

Thank you for posting the NFM info! I *just* ordered one for $49.99 - a significantly cheaper price than shopdisney. Shipping was FREE! (They are backordered until May). I had it shipped to a relative in IL and I'll either pick it up and fly home with it when I visit in May OR will have her ship. I didn't have time/inclination but they are shipping UPS so you might call to see if they can ship to you. I don't understand why they only ship to a handful of states but I bet it's the new internet sales tax collection law and they have software set up to collect tax from just those states. Your other option is to have it shipped to a UPS/Postal store location and have them forward it to you - with the cheaper cost and free shipping you might only pay a little more than shopDisney's price and you won't have to stalk.

Thanks for the NFM link I just ordered although it’s back ordered until end of May. Luckily they ship to my area.

So excited! I decided to bite the bullet and have the waffle maker shipped from NFM to my sister in Texas, at which point I'll figure out how to get it to me. Purchased and confirmed, and shipping next week! Can't wait!!!

So excited! I decided to bite the bullet and have the waffle maker shipped from NFM to my sister in Texas, at which point I'll figure out how to get it to me. Purchased and confirmed, and shipping next week! Can't wait!!!
It should cost around 25 to ship it ups after she gets it.....

Does anyone know if they sell this in the parks anywhere? Magic Kingdom? Disney springs? Or is it only online?

I believe it’s only online. Has anyone run into the “k12 error” on the NFM website? It says it’s not available in my area even though I’m shipping to Texas. When I called their customer service, he shared that you have to be a returning customer to get anything shipped, even from online, which didn’t make sense to me. I’m wondering if there’s any suggestions anyone has to getting these ordered. I ordered it from shopDisney and they cancelled my order like a few other members posts. :( thanks in advance!

I believe it’s only online. Has anyone run into the “k12 error” on the NFM website? It says it’s not available in my area even though I’m shipping to Texas. When I called their customer service, he shared that you have to be a returning customer to get anything shipped, even from online, which didn’t make sense to me. I’m wondering if there’s any suggestions anyone has to getting these ordered. I ordered it from shopDisney and they cancelled my order like a few other members posts. :( thanks in advance!

That's weird. Did you try putting it through as guest checkout?

I think shipping price, availability and out of stock notices will depend on where you live.

Here in my area the Kansas City store is close. It's free shipping to the store via drive-thru pick up and free shipping through UPS which would then be delivered to my house. Both would incur sales tax which is the norm for me anyways.

It's listed as out of stock in store (though it says they have one for display) but it's estimated to arrive in the store on 4/1 (which is Monday) and then I could pick it up on April 3rd (Wednesday) or have it delivered to my house April 4th (Thursday).

I'm might just try to see if I can convince my husband if I can get it lol. They are cute I must say :)

I just ordered three to ship to Texas but it’s saying estimated ship date is 5/25....

I'm pretty sure the k12 error is what I was getting continually when I was trying to get it to ship to my home state (out of NFM's area). I spoke to multiple customer service people, and they said they absolutely would be happy to ship it to my sister in Texas, knowing very well I wasn't in a state they serve, and I am not a previous customer. I'd call and try to talk to someone else. What worked for me is putting in my name and address for billing, and then marking it as a gift, being sent to my sister in Texas. That went through without a hitch.

Oh, and I also did set up an account, rather than checking out as a guest. I hope that helps!

I'm just curious. If this is sold out, and Disney has admitted that they don't know when/if the vendor will get more in, how is this random online store guaranteeing they will have some in stock in May? I'm hopeful. But skeptical. A bunch of us on the budget board have been stalking it on the Disney site.

I'm just curious. If this is sold out, and Disney has admitted that they don't know when/if the vendor will get more in, how is this random online store guaranteeing they will have some in stock in May? I'm hopeful. But skeptical. A bunch of us on the budget board have been stalking it on the Disney site.
I'm curious about the same thing! How does no one seem to have it, Disney included, but this random store does, including restocks? And to that end . . . is it a knock off? But people who ordered from there seem happy with their purchase. I guess time will tell.

I'm curious about the same thing! How does no one seem to have it, Disney included, but this random store does, including restocks? And to that end . . . is it a knock off? But people who ordered from there seem happy with their purchase. I guess time will tell.
I got one from there before they sold out. It works great and doesn’t seem at all to be a knockoff. I also think just because they guarantee it will be in stock, and they are not Disney, it’s certainally possible they won’t actually get them in.

file_77b2e9e3.jpeg

Has anyone seen/purchased this new Mickey 90th Anniversary waffle maker? I ordered one, and it looks like it might actually make Mickey waffles like the ones in the resorts and parks. Disney has never offered a waffle make that makes the "authentic" waffles before, so I was hoping there was someone who could tell me what the waffles this machine makes actually look like...

This is the waffle maker - as pp said it is currently sold out. Hopefully they restock soon!

https://www.shopdisney.com/mickey-mouse-90th-anniversary-double-flip-waffle-maker-1485772
Yep... that is the one I keep trying to order and has been sold out for months!! At one point I got an email stating it was back in stock, then by time I went to purchase it.... SOLD OUT again! :( Keep hoping for it to come back!

Yep... that is the one I keep trying to order and has been sold out for months!! At one point I got an email stating it was back in stock, then by time I went to purchase it.... SOLD OUT again! :( Keep hoping for it to come back!
How did you get onto the list to get a back in stock email?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter