Mickey Waffle Maker

I just checked this post and saw they are back in stock! Just ordered mine - so excited to get it!

I missed them being in stock, of course, but see they are on sale at Hot Topic today for $52.43. Anyone order one from there? They sell a lot of Disney items, didn’t realize they sold small appliances though!

I missed them being in stock, of course, but see they are on sale at Hot Topic today for $52.43. Anyone order one from there? They sell a lot of Disney items, didn’t realize they sold small appliances though!
I haven't, but they and Box Lunch both sell a lot of the Disney small appliances, I wouldn't hesitate to buy from there. No weirder than mine coming from a furniture store in Nebraska LOL.

My waffle maker arrived last week and we made waffles last Sunday. They are not exactly like the ones at the parks, but close enough. These are a bit thinner, but still good. My kids loved them! I've been using Golden Malted waffle mix for years in our Belgian waffle maker, and it is the best!

I just ordered mine from them yesterday. They usually don’t carry things like that in store, but they (along with their sister company Box Lunch) tends to have a lot of random cute kitchenware items.

I just ordered one from Hot Topic. Thanks for posting! Definitely a good price.

Love this waffle maker! I’m on my 4th batch and they are coming out perfectly. I think the key is to fill the faces generously and then flip them immediately so they expand more. Also I was spraying the grill with canola oil but that just makes them soggy. Totally unnecessary. Oh and even though the golden malt mix suggests it, I don’t use any eggs! My son is allergic to them and when we went to Disney a few months ago both restaurant we went to for breakfast (CRT and Chef Mickeys) said they don’t use eggs in their Mickey waffles. So one less ingredient to worry about!

Without the egg, there would be no natural rising of the batter, which would make the pancakes more dense. When you add the egg, and let the batter sit for 5-10 minutes while the waffle maker warms up, you can see the batter get fluffier.

Love this waffle maker! I’m on my 4th batch and they are coming out perfectly. I think the key is to fill the faces generously and then flip them immediately so they expand more. Also I was spraying the grill with canola oil but that just makes them soggy. Totally unnecessary. Oh and even though the golden malt mix suggests it, I don’t use any eggs! My son is allergic to them and when we went to Disney a few months ago both restaurant we went to for breakfast (CRT and Chef Mickeys) said they don’t use eggs in their Mickey waffles. So one less ingredient to worry about!
How much batter are you using per face? I am struggling filling. I either overfill or underfill and then the “tops” don’t get as brown because they don’t touch both sides of iron. I tried the cup in box first and used for a couple faces—then I tried 1/3 cup per face. I will be gone for a couple weeks, but plan to try 1/4 cup next. My son is crazy happy no matter how they look. I haven’t found any need to grease the iron at all, and everything wipes out really easily.

How much batter are you using per face? I am struggling filling. I either overfill or underfill and then the “tops” don’t get as brown because they don’t touch both sides of iron. I tried the cup in box first and used for a couple faces—then I tried 1/3 cup per face. I will be gone for a couple weeks, but plan to try 1/4 cup next. My son is crazy happy no matter how they look. I haven’t found any need to grease the iron at all, and everything wipes out really easily.
I don’t measure it so I can’t tell you precisely how much is in each one, but I basically just pour it until it just starts to spill out the sides of the face (those extra bits easily come off when the waffle is done). Then if I flip it fast enough, the batter pours onto the other side so both sides get a nice, smooth, crispy face on them. Again, though, I don’t use eggs. Might be a completely different result if I did! They might be gigantic!

Just ordered from Boxlunch. It ended up being $80 shipped, but beats the heck out of the ebay scalper prices. Supposed to ship in 3-5 business days, looks like I'll be having mickey waffles this father's day!!!

This looks like the one my daughter got me for Christmas. It was in a yellow and black box that said 90th birthday. It makes regular waffles, not the pancake kind. Although, they are not as deep as the ones at WDW. But the ones in the parks are extra deep to me. These are like regular, normal waffles.

She actually bought it at CVS. They had several 90th birthday items. She also got me a Mickey and Minnie Pez dispenser.
I have the CVS one and also the toaster that toasts Mickey onto the bread, I use malt in my waffle mix and 1 tsp of baking powder and they get resort style.

This thread convinced me to give this a try. I ordered a maker from Disney store this week, along with the golden malted waffle mix (not from Disney). Was a big hit with the kids and a fun way to celebrate end of school. Here’s a pic.

Attachments

• AF67BCA6-5507-4889-9B1A-B9385DE8C33B.jpeg
    AF67BCA6-5507-4889-9B1A-B9385DE8C33B.jpeg
    108.3 KB · Views: 30
More pics! Golden Malt Mix (eggless version)

Attachments

• CE1E0020-755A-493C-9E9E-D46A3AC6A5FD.jpeg
    CE1E0020-755A-493C-9E9E-D46A3AC6A5FD.jpeg
    52.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 67AD012F-FC7E-4931-A65E-4C098EA14A2D.jpeg
    67AD012F-FC7E-4931-A65E-4C098EA14A2D.jpeg
    28.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 476F6431-BC76-40F2-BBF6-2BED7E024474.jpeg
    476F6431-BC76-40F2-BBF6-2BED7E024474.jpeg
    64.2 KB · Views: 11
Just ordered from Boxlunch. It ended up being $80 shipped, but beats the heck out of the ebay scalper prices. Supposed to ship in 3-5 business days, looks like I'll be having mickey waffles this father's day!!!
Thinking of ordering from there for the reason you stated.

I'd been following this thread...and ordered one when they became available again.
We just had our first batch. Success!

I used the Carbon's Malted, and filled most of the Mickey, but kind of used my finger to push the batter up into the ears. Like somebody else said, no need to grease the waffle maker. It is super nonstick and they come out really crispy, even without oiling.
I love the fact that this waffle maker beeps when it's ready, like the good waffle makers do.

I'm just so glad I ordered this. They really are like the park waffles! The only thing I might do next time is buy a jar of the malt power and add some extra to the batter. I've been buying Carbon's for many years, and I don't know if it's my taste buds that are duller, or if they reformulated the mix, but I don't taste as much malt flavor. (It's probably just me.)

Anyhow, another Disboards win! Thanks y'all. :disrocks::cheer2::banana:

Ordered iron tonight from disney! Wanted to pass on that right now the 32/33 oz cans of golden malted are on sale at William's Sonoma ($10 and change per can) slightly cheaper than the maltedgolden direct site. And they have free shipping right now with code UPICK, and don't have to order a minimum amount. Hoping to have some yummy mickey waffles soon

Finally was able to get a Mickey Waffle Maker!! I had ordered one from NFM, but it had a ship date around September, so I cancelled. Facebook was advertising the Mickey Waffle Maker for 20% off for hot topic, but when I went to the website, it was not 20% off. I called hottopic, and they honored the 20% off! I also had a $5 off Birthday reward, so I paid $59. ❤️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter