Mickey's Halloween Party and Halloween Time Superthread 2018!!

If you are visiting the parks with a regular ticket or an AP and not a party ticket, they will start asking guests to leave at the party start time (which is either 6 or 7, depending on the night).
This. And you’ll need to have a party wristband on once the party starts to go on any rides. And you have to have a wristband to enter any of the treat trails.

If you are visiting the parks with a regular ticket or an AP and not a party ticket, they will start asking guests to leave at the party start time (which is either 6 or 7, depending on the night).

I'm curious how they do this; do they give party guests a wristband or something? How do they know who to kick out, and how do they notify the people?

Yes. It was crushing and awful. Just a sea of people .

The parties started at DCA years back and there were fewer attractions and no Carsland Hauloween or Monsters after dark.

I went the very first year, it was at DCA. There was no parade really (just a cavalcade if costumed characters) and this was pre-WOC, and no fireworks. I think we paid $15? AP pricing. It was actually really fun for the little kids, short lines for trick or treating, short lines for rides. But that was like 2006 lol.

I'm curious how they do this; do they give party guests a wristband or something? How do they know who to kick out, and how do they notify the people?

When you enter with your party ticket, they will give you a wristband and small trick or treat bag. They also have an area set up within the park for guests who are visiting before the party starts (either with a regular day ticket or AP) to receive their wristbands. The cast members in all of the treat lines, ride lines, character lines etc. will be checking to ensure guests have a wristband, otherwise, they'll be asked to leave. There are also cast members walking around along parade routes etc. ensuring that only partygoers are in the park.

I have a question my daughter and I have AP's but the other family members don't. Can I purchase all of our tickets on June 5th or do I have to wait to purchase their tickets on June 12th? We're going Halloween night so I want to purchase right away. Were going to fall Dapper day and checking in on 10/31at DGC so, its imperative we go on this day.

I have a question my daughter and I have AP's but the other family members don't. Can I purchase all of our tickets on June 5th or do I have to wait to purchase their tickets on June 12th? We're going Halloween night so I want to purchase right away. Were going to fall Dapper day and checking in on 10/31at DGC so, its imperative we go on this day.
Yes you can purchase their tickets on the AP purchase date.

So Halloween now starts the Friday after Labor Day. I'm kinda bummed because I'm going to be visiting family and had planned to go for a solo day during that 'lull' period that was usually the first two weeks of September. Oh well. Best laid plans and all that.

So Halloween now starts the Friday after Labor Day. I'm kinda bummed because I'm going to be visiting family and had planned to go for a solo day during that 'lull' period that was usually the first two weeks of September. Oh well. Best laid plans and all that.
Last year was the first year in a while that Halloween didn’t begin on the Friday after labor day.

The tickets go on sale before my AP expires. If I buy them while I have an AP, but attend when my AP is expired, do you think I'll have any problems?

This sure seems like a lot of money for a ticket, but I have never been. Not interested in candy nor photos with characters. Is their any reason to go to this event?
It's a lot of money for a ticket, but if you like Halloween theme and want very short lines for rides, it can be worth it.

Hooray! Only 5 ish months to make costumes!!! Im over the moon about this. We went last year on Sept. 20?. I can agree that the crowds at DCA were pretty rough. DL was great. We will be celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary there on Oct. 31st. This my favorite time of year. Woot! We're doing the happy skeleton dance over here!

In addition to what the others have said, the CMs also set up check points throughout the park and if you do not have a wristband, you'll be asked to head to Main Street instead of deeper into the park (e.g., there is usually a check point at the entrance to each land around the hub (along with check points in the lands themselves)). They also have CMs checking for wristbands at the entrance to the shops. While I'm sure there are some guests that manage to avoid the CMs looking for wristbands, I do think the CMs do a pretty good job in general.

I have to wait to get back to get my ticket. I'm going on a cruise to Alaska on the 16th of June. I plan on going on Tuesday the 16th to MHP. I might go a second night if I can afford it

:yay::jumping1::woohoo: I'm am so happy the dates have been released earlier than usual! This will be our first time attending the Halloween Party and we are so excited! This is going to be the icing on the cake for our fortieth anniversary celebration. My husband and I will be visiting San Francisco, then driving down the coast to Anaheim where the rest of our family will join us. There will be our three kids' and their spouses/significant others and our four grandchildren.:hyper:

I see that there is a limit of eight tickets per person per event, so I guess I'll have to get another family member to get on and purchase some of the tickets at the same time.

So excited for this event!

ETA: Oh, I just thought of this and hope someone knows the answer to my question.
I plan on purchasing tickets on June 5th, since my husband and I have Disney Visa cards. Nobody else in the family has Disney cards, so they can't purchase tickets on June 5th. We have the same Disney Visa account, so I'm assuming my husband and I can't purchase over the eight ticket limit. Does anyone know if the Disney Visa Debit card is valid for ticket purchases on June 5th, and if so, would it work if I used my Disney Visa Debit card and my husband used our Disney Visa Credit card?

Last edited:
ETA: Oh, I just thought of this and hope someone knows the answer to my question.
I plan on purchasing tickets on June 5th, since my husband and I are Disney card holders. Nobody else in the family has Disney cards, so they can't purchase tickets on June 5th. We have the same Disney Credit Card account, so I'm assuming my husband and I can't purchase over the eight ticket limit. Does anyone know if the Disney Debit Card is valid for ticket purchases on June 5th, and if so, would it work if I used my Disney Debit card and my husband used our Disney Credit card?

The June 5th date is for Annual Passholders to have the ability to purchase tickets prior to them going on sale to the general public. So if both you and your husband have an Annual Pass of some level, then I would think you could both purchase up to 8 tickets. I do not believe the method of payment makes a difference here.

The June 5th date is for Annual Passholders to have the ability to purchase tickets prior to them going on sale to the general public. So if both you and your husband have an Annual Pass of some level, then I would think you could both purchase up to 8 tickets. I do not believe the method of payment makes a difference here.

We don't need to be Annual Passholders in addition to being Disney Reward Visa card holders, do we? I'm thinking it can be one or the other?

We don't need to be Annual Passholders in addition to being Disney Reward Visa card holders, do we? I'm thinking it can be one or the other?
You just have to fall in to one of the categories that tickets go on sale to on June 5.

I may have mispoke. I looked at the original post and see the following bullet item:

June 5: Tickets on sale to Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders, Disney Rewards Visa card holders and Disney Vacation Club members

So if you have a Disney Rewards Visa card, then you can purchase tickets on the 5th. I had quit reading when I saw the Annual Passholder statement. So I apologize for not being correct in my statement.

:yay::jumping1::woohoo: I'm am so happy the dates have been released earlier than usual! This will be our first time attending the Halloween Party and we are so excited! This is going to be the icing on the cake for our fortieth anniversary celebration. My husband and I will be visiting San Francisco, then driving down the coast to Anaheim where the rest of our family will join us. There will be our three kids' and their spouses/significant others and our four grandchildren.:hyper:

I see that there is a limit of eight tickets per person per event, so I guess I'll have to get another family member to get on and purchase some of the tickets at the same time.

So excited for this event!

I plan on purchasing tickets on June 5th, since my husband and I have Disney Visa cards. Nobody else in the family has Disney cards, so they can't purchase tickets on June 5th. We have the same Disney Visa account, so I'm assuming my husband and I can't purchase over the eight ticket limit. Does anyone know if the Disney Visa Debit card is valid for ticket purchases on June 5th, and if so, would it work if I used my Disney Visa Debit card and my husband used our Disney Visa Credit card?
While I don't know the answer to your Visa question, the parties don't sell out immediately or anything - even the fastest sellouts have been (weeks?) later than tickets open to the general public. I can't imagine it will be different this year, especially since it IS earlier... So I don't think you need to stress about buying them all during the pre-sale.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter