Mickey's Halloween Party and Halloween Time Superthread 2018!!

The decorations will begin to come down on November 1st. It doesn't take long to remove them.

I've found that the morning hours are usually not too crowded, but the crowds build as the day progresses. The three hour overlap period is usually quite busy.

Unfortunately, advance ticket are all sold out (as of mid-September). There may be "day of" tickets available, but you'll have to check at the ticket booths on the day of the event. Also, sometimes there are "day of" tickets available to guests staying at one of the three on-site hotels.

Thanks for your reply.

2018 Halloween Party Dates, Prices and Details

Purchase regular tickets starting June 12, 2018 or—if you’re an Annual Passholder—reserve yours June 5, 2018.

This popular celebration has a tendency to sell out each year, so be sure to book ahead to secure your ticket(s).

On select nights, Passholders can save even more money over the same-day admission price. Be sure to sign in to your Disney account before purchasing to receive your discount.

Your ticket lets you enjoy both Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park for up to 3 hours before Mickey’s Halloween Party begins. Once it kicks off, you’ll be treated to 5 hours of shindig shenanigans–including special Halloween-themed attractions, Character Greetings, fireworks, the Headless Horseman Rides Again (pre-parade) and much more.

2018 Dates, Times and Ticket Prices

Dates and Times
Passholder Ticket Price
Regular Ticket Price
Wed, Sept 19, 2018 - Sold out as of September 7
6:00 PM to 11:00 PM $95 $105

Fri, Sept 21, 2018 - Sold out as of August 29
7:00 PM to midnight $115 $115

Mon, Sept 24, 2018 - Sold out as of September 5

Wed, Sept 26, 2018 - Sold out as of September 4

Fri, Sept 28, 2018 - Sold out as of August 20

Tues, Oct 2, 2018 - Sold out as of September 17
6:00 PM to 11:00 PM $115 $115

Fri, Oct 5, 2018 - Sold out as of July 20

Tues, Oct 9, 2018 - Sold out as of September 7

Fri, Oct 12, 2018 - Sold out as of July 10

Tues, Oct 16, 2018 - Sold out as of September 17

Fri, Oct 19, 2018 - Sold out as of August 13
7:00 PM to midnight $130 $130

Tues, Oct 23, 2018 - Sold out as of September 17

Fri, Oct 26, 2018 - Sold out as of August 10
7:00 PM to midnight $130 $130

Mon, Oct 29, 2018 - Sold out as of September 21
6:00 PM to 11:00 PM $130 $130

Wed, Oct 31, 2018 - Sold out as of September 11
6:00 PM to 11:00 PM $130 $130

Important Details

• A ticket is required for all Guests ages 3 and over.
  • Space is limited and tickets are available only while supplies last. Subject to capacity and other restrictions.
  • Tickets are valid for admission to Mickey’s Halloween Party as well as Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park (subject to Park operating hours) beginning 3 hours prior to the start of the party.
  • Tickets are nonrefundable and may not be sold or transferred for commercial use.
  • Event elements including, but not limited to, operation of attractions, entertainment, services, activities, stores, restaurants and appearances of Disney Characters may vary and are subject to change without notice.
  • Only Disney PhotoPass photos captured during the event can be downloaded from your Disney account as many times as you want, for 45 days after capture. Disney PhotoPass is subject to the Disney PhotoPass Terms & Conditions.
There Is NO Smoking at Mickey’s Halloween Party

This is a completely non-smoking event, and there will be no designated smoking areas within the park. Exit and reentry is permitted to designated smoking areas in the Esplanade outside the Disneyland Park Main Entrance.

Please note: parking is not included with admission

Are all the MHP tickets all sold out? You can't buy any anymore?

If you look at the dates on the above post, the last party sold out on Sept. 21st. If you are a guest at an on site hotel on the date of a party, you might be able to purchase a party ticket at the front desk first thing in the morning on the day of the party. You might be able to purchase a ticket at the booths first thing in the morning on the day of a party. This has worked for other people in the past, but we have not had any reports yet of this working for DISers so far this year. We do not advise using any unauthorized sellers for MHP tickets because the risk of getting scammed is so high, and if caught, you will be turned away from the gates.

If you look at the dates on the above post, the last party sold out on Sept. 21st. If you are a guest at an on site hotel on the date of a party, you might be able to purchase a party ticket at the front desk first thing in the morning on the day of the party. You might be able to purchase a ticket at the booths first thing in the morning on the day of a party. This has worked for other people in the past, but we have not had any reports yet of this working for DISers so far this year. We do not advise using any unauthorized sellers for MHP tickets because the risk of getting scammed is so high, and if caught, you will be turned away from the gates.

When I checked into PPH around 8 am Friday morning, the cm said they had MHP tickets if I needed some, and then saw I had some. So they were available at least for the 10/12 party to on site guests.

Some posters in this thread have said that they got FPs via MP on their MHP tickets right after entering DCA when the early entry party hours started. And the return time was before MHP started in DL. And don't forget that MP allows you to snag canceled FPs that other guests throw back -- so keep looking!

Got the MHP coming up this Friday. We’ll be at the park that morning. Thinking of going ahead and getting a MP even though the party tickets is incudued (for after 3pm). Do you guys think this is a waste?

When I checked into PPH around 8 am Friday morning, the cm said they had MHP tickets if I needed some, and then saw I had some. So they were available at least for the 10/12 party to on site guests.
Thank you (!) for confirming that this is still a valid option for on site guests this year. I'm sure there are DISers reading who will be relieved and hopeful now!

Got the MHP coming up this Friday. We’ll be at the park that morning. Thinking of going ahead and getting a MP even though the party tickets is incudued (for after 3pm). Do you guys think this is a waste?

Last Friday (10/12) we got very little done with maxpass... granted we did not get into the parks till 10, and started in DCA. But the earliest thing I could book was Soarin after noon... 12:25? We snagged one more for the incredicoaster around 2, rode the swings and Luigi in between. I know to refresh often... but everything was coming up for that night when we would be at the party. We ended up doing turtle talk and animation academy because the queues were so long (Monsters Inc was down, LM was down... so that meant stupid waits everywhere.) We went to the room from 3-5 for a break (we were up at 2 am).

I did book HM and BTMRR for between 5 and 7... so we did those while waiting for regular guests to leave the parks and before the rain started!

Not a waste. I mean, how efficient MP is is going to depend on how crowded it is, but if you time everything correctly you could get most of the big rides done before noon.

Super excited about tonight! The app says Jack & Sally until 3:15. Not sure we’d have time to get there and make their line before it’s closed. Do you think it will continue at the same location so we should look for them there? Is the app accurate during the party?

Very excited about the HM characters. Are they outside the French Market? Easy to find? Are they on the app for times to meet?

What do I need to know about security screening from the hotel bus side? Will the waits be bad around 2:30? That’s when I was thinking we’d arrive.

Other thoughts I have from friday (10/12)
  • Ride lines were still pretty short. I heard some concerns earlier this season since the WDW parties were over sold. I thought the times would rise with all of the rain, and the outdoor ones getting shut down. But they stayed short. Before entering the space mountain line, the CM said it would be a 40 minute wait. I timed it, and it was only 17 minutes. Indiana Jones was only 8 minutes. Pirates was less than 10 minutes. BTMRR was 15, but I used a maxpass for it before the party hours. The posted time was 30 minutes.
  • For AP's, a strategy some of my other AP friends are doing is putting energy into the rare characters. Those lines tend to be longest, but people don't realize they are out until mid-party time. I would've done more, but my aunt who came with me wanted to do rides. The CM who was with Constance Hatchaway said the treat trail in critter country has Pooh Bear at the end in his costume. Jane and Turk are near the tree house. I didn't see the tight rope walker. Constance is in NOS. She was under the seating area where you eat beignets. Not sure if she was only here due to the rain, or if she is in a different location.
  • If something gets cancelled, don't get discouraged, just find something else to do..although this is easier said than done, I think this is why I still was able to have a fun time Friday. Like a lot of fun lol

Is full face makeup allowed? Doing the kids as Jack & Sally and I’m going as Sally too.

Yes, we went on the 12th as Jack, Sally, and Zero and had no issues with security and full face paint. Our only issue that night was the rain and everything being cancelled because of it. Have fun and if you want to see Jack and Sally the line for pictures started around 6pm for them coming out around 7.

Attachments

• 06C6FB9F-6314-46C3-9AFD-E4F39CCAC5CB.jpeg
    06C6FB9F-6314-46C3-9AFD-E4F39CCAC5CB.jpeg
    89.3 KB · Views: 27
And don't be worried if the line for Jack & Sally moves slowly. They spend a good amount of time with each guest, so the wait is worth it. And CMs will warn you that you may get either Jack or Sally, but we got both together.

Other thoughts I have from friday (10/12)...
  • If something gets cancelled, don't get discouraged, just find something else to do..although this is easier said than done, I think this is why I still was able to have a fun time Friday. Like a lot of fun lol

This is so true and is key to having fun at all the parties, rain or shine! We advise everyone to make their plans, but also to be very flexible. Stuff happens, and at DLR, the magic often happens when you aren't expecting it and you're open to just having fun. We knew it was going to rain on our party, but had no idea the storm would hit so early. (All forecasts had the rain coming in around midnight, maybe 11 pm at the earliest -- NOT 6 pm!) But we rolled with it and had so much fun. Was it what we had planned? No way! Was it super fun anyway? Absolutely!

For the villains square are they out all night long or do they leave for the first parade then go back after the last one?

For the villains square are they out all night long or do they leave for the first parade then go back after the last one?
When I was there, they left before the first parade, came back for a little bit, then left again before the second parade, and came back out after the second parade.

Anyone know how the Halloween-souvenir situation is right now? We are going at the end of the month and I'm worried that there won't be anything left ;) I am hoping to at least get a cauldron popcorn bucket, a couple of travel mugs and maybe a shirt or 2.

Anyone know how the Halloween-souvenir situation is right now? We are going at the end of the month and I'm worried that there won't be anything left ;) I am hoping to at least get a cauldron popcorn bucket, a couple of travel mugs and maybe a shirt or 2.
They still had the popcorn buckets this past Friday. Not sure about the other merch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter