Mickey's Halloween Party and Halloween Time Superthread 2018!!

In regards to parking on Friday nights...how has it been? I didn't see that it filled up on the twitter account, but then saw people posting about long lines for security in the evening. I'm trying to figure out how early we will have to leave.

We got to the mickey and friends parking lot at 3:30 and there was no line to enter structure. Security and tram line were long (CM said probably 10-15 mintures to get through security and then 10 minutes or so to wait for tram) so we walked to Downtown Disney as we were eating there anyways. Security lines at DTD were super short, like three people deep.

Hi. I attended the Tuesday evening party...I thought I would give my one quick tip. Toontown is open for early Trick or Treating from 5pm to 7pm. Sounds like a good idea...NOT! Everyone else thinks this is a good idea too and it's crazy, CRAZY crowded. I would suggest avoiding this area and enjoying the rest of the park as it's starting to clear out a little. Or maybe grab some dinner. Once the party started, most rides were walk on or very little wait. But the lines to visit the characters were all long, except the Haunted Mansion ones at the French Market. And finally, the first parade was PACKED! About 15 minutes before the parade, they were turning people away on Main Street. I suggest skipping the first parade, but position yourself to merge in with the crowd after the parade so you can get a good spot in front of the castle...and being toward the right of the castle will give you a better view of the screen (avoid being left of the castle), if you can't get front and center. There was lots of room for the second parade. We got front front row near Small World about 15 minutes before the parade started.

Have fun everyone!

I am wondering what the screen is you are talking about? Is this for the fireworks?

has anyone noticed treat trails that are open during the pre-party outside of toontown? It seems like last year a few were open early if you had a wristband...like on the fantasyland to frontierland trail maybe? and maybe outside of the magical map theater?

I didn't notice any of the treat trails opening early this year, but things might change night-to-night. On the night I walked by, the one by Magical Map opened at the start of the party (it might have opened a few minutes before 6:00 pm, but not a significant amount before hand).

I am wondering what the screen is you are talking about? Is this for the fireworks?
I think that poster is talking about the globe (Jack's head/villains) that appears to the left of the castle.

Halloween Screams was the fireworks show tonight (Saturday)! Really exciting surprise for everyone. We got a tip from a CM friend that this might happen and scored our favorite viewing spots by the Hub. Felt like a party night without costumes.

Hades isn't (usually) at the Toontown Pre-Party, but I did see him in Villains Square (Town Square) during the party.

When I wandered through TT during the first pre-party, I saw pretty much the same characters from last year (Mickey as Zorro, Minnie in a Candy Corn dress, Donald as a Wizard, Daisy as a Witch, and Goofy - I'm guessing Pluto was also probably there, along with Chip and Dale).
Thanks for the information! Much appreciated! Do you happen to know if Hades is in Villains Square for most of the party?

Hey Everyone! We’re going to a party this year and looking forward to it! Does anyone have info on premium popcorn bucket and other novelty item costs? Thanks for any info you can share!

Hi there. Only a week until our trip, and nine days till our party! :hmghost:

I'm curious if anyone has a picture of the trick-or-treat bag DLR is handing out this year?

Edited for clarity

Last edited:
has anyone noticed treat trails that are open during the pre-party outside of toontown? It seems like last year a few were open early if you had a wristband...like on the fantasyland to frontierland trail maybe? and maybe outside of the magical map theater?

The treat trail in the Magical Map theater was open early this Friday. I just assumed it was because it was so close to The TT pre party.

Hey Everyone! We’re going to a party this year and looking forward to it! Does anyone have info on premium popcorn bucket and other novelty item costs? Thanks for any info you can share!
The cauldron is $20
OOgie boogie is $18
The souvenir round buckets are $9 I think.
No AP discounts apply and they aren’t refillable. If you want more popcorn, you have to pay $4.75 and fill it yourself.

These buckets are available to all guests, not just party guests.

Now that the time is so close, my mind is suddenly blowing up with questions! :D

My two for the moment are:
  1. If we want to enter DCA for the three-hour window before the party, is there a special line, and is it marked with a specific sign?
  2. What is typically the busiest/longest line time to enter the actual party? Is it busiest during the early-entry window or closer to the start time for the party?

For those interested in the Halloween magic shots, the Disney Photopass Facebook page posted a list of the shots currently being offered. The post is from 10/4 titled 'Disneyland Resort Halloween Time Magic Shots'. I don't know why, but I couldn't find an official list from Disney up until this one.

• Hatbox Ghost: this one was a tough one for us to get because not every PP CM apparently can do it. We were told that the best bet is either a roaming PP CM or a PP CM at the DL front gate. We were finally lucky and met a PP CM at the Tomorrowland entrance who could do it. This is IMO the best magic shot Disney has ever had, especially if you're a HM fan.
  • Oogie Boogie: this one is only available in DCA on Buena Vista St, and only offered by roaming PP CMs (character PP CMs and the PP CM at the Headless Horseman statue can't do this shot, or at least that's what we were told).
  • Zero: We've had the best luck with the Zero magic shot at the DL front gate and at the Mickey Pumpkin. The PP facebook post said Zero is available in DCA but we haven't found a PP CM there that could do it.
  • Cauldron: The PP facebook post said this is available at Sleeping Beauty's Castle, Buena Vista St, and the Mickey Pumpkin. We've only ever asked about it at the pumpkin.
  • Pumpkin on fire: We've only asked about this one at the Mickey Pumpkin, but the facebook post lists a bunch of other locations this one is available at such as the Castle, the Partner's Statue, Buena Vista St, Hollywood Land, and the Mad Tea Party.
  • Headless Horseman fog/moon/bats: This one is only available at night at the Headless Horseman statue in DCA (we were told after they turn on the Halloween lights and start the Halloween sounds at Buena Vista St).
  • Iago: No clue why Disney lists Iago as a Halloween time magic shot. But it's cool that he's available at DL. We've only gotten him at Epcot before, but I'm guessing he's available year round even after Halloween, but haven't asked CMs to confirm.

For those interested in the Halloween magic shots, the Disney Photopass Facebook page posted a list of the shots currently being offered. The post is from 10/4 titled 'Disneyland Resort Halloween Time Magic Shots'. I don't know why, but I couldn't find an official list from Disney up until this one.

• Hatbox Ghost: this one was a tough one for us to get because not every PP CM apparently can do it. We were told that the best bet is either a roaming PP CM or a PP CM at the DL front gate. We were finally lucky and met a PP CM at the Tomorrowland entrance who could do it. This is IMO the best magic shot Disney has ever had, especially if you're a HM fan.
  • Oogie Boogie: this one is only available in DCA on Buena Vista St, and only offered by roaming PP CMs (character PP CMs and the PP CM at the Headless Horseman statue can't do this shot, or at least that's what we were told).
  • Zero: We've had the best luck with the Zero magic shot at the DL front gate and at the Mickey Pumpkin. The PP facebook post said Zero is available in DCA but we haven't found a PP CM there that could do it.
  • Cauldron: The PP facebook post said this is available at Sleeping Beauty's Castle, Buena Vista St, and the Mickey Pumpkin. We've only ever asked about it at the pumpkin.
  • Pumpkin on fire: We've only asked about this one at the Mickey Pumpkin, but the facebook post lists a bunch of other locations this one is available at such as the Castle, the Partner's Statue, Buena Vista St, Hollywood Land, and the Mad Tea Party.
  • Headless Horseman fog/moon/bats: This one is only available at night at the Headless Horseman statue in DCA (we were told after they turn on the Halloween lights and start the Halloween sounds at Buena Vista St).
  • Iago: No clue why Disney lists Iago as a Halloween time magic shot. But it's cool that he's available at DL. We've only gotten him at Epcot before, but I'm guessing he's available year round even after Halloween, but haven't asked CMs to confirm.
I was able to get Zero, Oogie Boogie, and the Cauldron at the headless horseman statue last week. I don’t think the photographer was roaming, there was a small line.

Now that the time is so close, my mind is suddenly blowing up with questions! :D

My two for the moment are:
  1. If we want to enter DCA for the three-hour window before the party, is there a special line, and is it marked with a specific sign?
  2. What is typically the busiest/longest line time to enter the actual party? Is it busiest during the early-entry window or closer to the start time for the party?

There was no special line for entrance to DCA.

We entered DCA around 4 and there was no line and then entered Disneyland around 5:30 or 6pm and there was no lines. This was for a Friday night party.

I feel like I am pretty good about zigging when others zag... but we are headed down next weekend... Friday arrival at the parks around 9:30 am, and we will get max pass. I can totally argue with myself both ways... non-party goers will likely be in DL because they can’t be there that night, party goers will likely be in DCA because they know they will have DL that night. Where do you think we should start? We have no big plans, will have been up very early, and will quite possibly go back to the PPH for a nap around 2 pm and head into DL around 5 and stay until midnight... we have all day Saturday and most of Sunday too and park hoppers.

This is this year's bag. It features Wreck-It-Ralph 2 and Incredibles 2. It's about 9 by 7 by 3.
IMG_20180920_215058_zpsxebqo5r8.jpg

Hi there. Only a week until our trip, and nine days till our party! :hmghost:

I'm curious if anyone has a picture of the trick-or-treat bag DLR is handing out this year?

Edited for clarity

I feel like I am pretty good about zigging when others zag... but we are headed down next weekend... Friday arrival at the parks around 9:30 am, and we will get max pass. I can totally argue with myself both ways... non-party goers will likely be in DL because they can’t be there that night, party goers will likely be in DCA because they know they will have DL that night. Where do you think we should start? We have no big plans, will have been up very early, and will quite possibly go back to the PPH for a nap around 2 pm and head into DL around 5 and stay until midnight... we have all day Saturday and most of Sunday too and park hoppers.

I would do DCA until the afternoon and either have a late lunch or early dinner back at the hotel. Take a long, relaxing nap and then head into the park right when it starts at 7pm. The energy and atmosphere on Main Street right when the party is starting is the best! Then hit it hard until the party ends!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!