Mickey's of Hollywood to close for several months

How do you expect them to do new stuff if there isn't construction first?

Construction is fine. And necessary. I think that's obvious. But again, as I've said a few times now, my issue isn't with specific contruction. My issue is with how many things on property are under construction at the same time. If it doesn't bother you, that's great. For me, seeing cranes, CATS, cones and dirt in the front of 3 of the parks and the roads leading up to them, spoils the illusion Disney creates.

I get what you're saying, OP. We skipped DHS altogether when we were at WDW this past January. The reworking of the entire area in and around the park was something we chose not to deal with. Had to miss out on seeing TSL for the first time and riding RnRC, but life is about choices. I'm headed back next month and can't wait to check out DHS though. It will probably just be a for a half day or so.

I get what you're saying, OP. We skipped DHS altogether when we were at WDW this past January. The reworking of the entire area in and around the park was something we chose not to deal with. Had to miss out on seeing TSL for the first time and riding RnRC, but life is about choices. I'm headed back next month and can't wait to check out DHS though. It will probably just be a for a half day or so.
We too have skipped DHS for a few months for this reason.

I’ve been here this past week and most of this stuff really wasn’t noticeable/worth getting bothered about.

It did feel weird/off that the MK moat was drained, but really that’s about it. The entrance looks nice with the train permanently parked there and you can go up and take pictures. The Speedway is about to reopen this weekend. I don’t see anything magical about a parking lot anywhere.

Actually the weirdest thing is something you didn’t mention: There are now a bunch of empty side pockets of areas where people used to be able to smoke. Hopefully they think of something to put there because it felt a little strange.

I was just there in April, and it is hardly a mess. We barely noticed anything. On the TTA we saw all the heavy construction equipment for the Tron ride, but that was because we could see behind the rides. We didn't notice them when we were walking around.

OP, I agree with others. Stay away until all the construction is finished. Unfortunately, that means you probably went ever be able to return. The fact that Disney is continually upgrading or changing rides is what makes it great to go back year after year. There is always something there that wasn't the last time you went.

OP, I agree with others. Stay away until all the construction is finished. Unfortunately, that means you probably went ever be able to return. The fact that Disney is continually upgrading or changing rides is what makes it great to go back year after year. There is always something there that wasn't the last time you went.

Actually the facts are, had Disney been upgrading or changing rides "continually", things right now wouldn't be as they are. Look, you don't have to agree with me. But to say there isn't an over abundance of construction going on at the same time is just not correct:

- Magic Kingdom parking lot construction
- WDW Railroad - Down
- Tomorrowland Speedway - Down
- Tron construction
- Epcot main entrance construction
- Guardians construction
- Construction in France
- DHS parking lot construction
- Star Wars construction
- Skyliner construction
- Riviera Resort construction
- Coronado Springs Tower construction
- Fort Wilderness DVC construction
- Rafiki's construction
- Wildlife Express down

Say what you will, but that is in awful lot of construction going on at the same time. I'm not against any of it. Some I don't care one way or the other about (Skyliner). For the I don't even know how many times, I'm not against improvements being made. But spread them out. Unfortunately, because of years of inactivity, they're now in massive catch up mode for the 50th anniversary.

But to say there isn't an over abundance of construction going on at the same time is just not correct:

- Magic Kingdom parking lot construction.
- WDW Railroad - Down
- Tomorrowland Speedway - Down
- Tron construction
- Epcot main entrance construction
- Guardians construction
- Construction in France
- DHS parking lot construction
- Star Wars construction
- Skyliner construction
- Riviera Resort construction
- Coronado Springs Tower construction
- Fort Wilderness DVC construction
- Rafiki's construction
- Wildlife Express down

Say what you will, but that is in awful lot of construction going on at the same time. I'm not against any of it. Some I don't care one way or the other about (Skyliner). For the I don't even know how many times, I'm not against improvements being made. But spread them out. Unfortunately, because of years of inactivity, they're now in massive catch up mode for the 50th anniversary.

We are regular visitors (DVc, AP etc) and I think that this list does a poor job with perspective.

With speedway reopening - TRON construction is all in a new area. While you can’t ride the train - this is not in a guest accessible space. Speedway being down for refurb is hardly unreasonable as well. I feel similarly about the train and rafikis- these attractions are down often for periods of time for seasonal reasons or for maintaining.

Same with Guardians/Energy - it’s off the path and does not encroach on your vacation.

We did not notice any construction in France in April (again - it’s behind the guest pathway).

The comments to parking lots and entrance construction seem overstated as well ... yes, parking lots need to be updated too....and gondolas are going up and impacting entrances - but nothing is closed.

I would say that most guests would not be impacted by more than 1 of the ‘non- park’ construction items...if you are driving to MK you probably are not a boardwalk guest impacted by gondola rework. You can’t be bothered by Riviera and River Country DVC at the same time, if you were to encounter them even at all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter