Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Central 2005

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

November 13, 17, 27, 28, 30, December 1, 4, 5, 7, 8, 11, 12, 14, 15, 18, 19, 21, 22, 2006

2006 TICKET PRICES:

ADVANCE PURCHASE - (Discount offered for 11/13, 17, 27, 28, 30 and 12/4, 5, 7, 11, 12, 14)
Adults: $42.55 - ages 10 and up
Child: $34.03 - ages 3 - 9

GATE PURCHASE -

Adults: $48.94 - ages 10 and up

Child: $40.42 - ages 3 - 9

YAH!! So, they are doing a couple more parties closer to Christmas this year. Hmm, which one to go to?

Until the dates are officially released by Disney, I'm a bit skeptical about the parties BEFORE Thanksgiving.

I can't wait till Disney announces the dates.

I usually get my tickets for the 2nd week in December and have always ordered them in September and haven't had a problem.

:) I want to plan a trip to go to the Mickey's christmas party celebration. I was thinking about Nov 25 - Dec 2 2006. How is the weather and the crowds during this time of the year. What do I pack? Thanks :sunny:

Crowds are light to moderate. Bring everything. Weather can be warm during day, cold at night. We were very cold at MVMCP last year.

beattyfamily said:
Until the dates are officially released by Disney, I'm a bit skeptical about the parties BEFORE Thanksgiving.

I can't wait till Disney announces the dates.

Thanksgiving is on November 23rd this year. I'm betting on November 27th being the first night.

EDITED TO ADD: My original post said "Thanksgiving Day is on November 23rd this year." That's it. I added one more sentence after rechecking the dates at the top of the thread. Apparently, it is not a good idea to give useful information here. You must be ASKED to do so.

DeeCeeSW said:
Thanksgiving is on November 23rd this year.

Yeah, so? What's your point? They have NEVER had parties before Thanksgiving, even back in 2000 and 2001 when Thanksgiving fell very early in the month like it does this year.

The first two parties listed above are November 13 & 17 which are BEFORE Thanksgiving. They've never done that before and that is why I'm skeptical about them until I hear it from Disney themselves.

edited to add...you kept changing your post that quotes me so...in my post, I was referring to the thread at the top of this page with the dates and TWO of them are BEFORE Thanksgiving. My opinion is that they are probably wrong since they've never had parties before Thanksgiving before...

beattyfamily said:
Yeah, so? What's your point? They have NEVER had parties before Thanksgiving, even back in 2000 and 2001 when Thanksgiving fell very early in the month like it does this year.

The first two parties listed above are November 13 & 17 which are BEFORE Thanksgiving. They've never done that before and that is why I'm skeptical about them until I hear it from Disney themselves.

Wow, I guess you didn't see my edited post before responding so NASTILY. I had to recheck the dates. Are you an authority on MVMCP dates?

CHILL OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeeCeeSW said:
Wow, I guess you didn't see my edited post before responding so NASTILY. I had to recheck the dates. Are you an authority on MVMCP dates?

CHILL OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are the one who is nasty. I replied to you asking what your point was, I didn't tell you to chill out. I think you need to take your own advice.

All I did was post my opinion on the 'new' earlier dates and you quoted my post and questioned me and I then questioned you back. So what?

oh and no, I'm not an authority on MVMCP dates...never said I was.

beattyfamily said:
You are the one who is nasty. I replied to you asking what your point was, I didn't tell you to chill out. I think you need to take your own advice.

Prefacing "What's my point?" with "Yeah, so what?" is simply responding?

If you're looking to start something up, then I'm the wrong one to do it with. We'll be here all day. Just get a grip and stop assuming that posters are looking to debate you.

I simply stated what date Thanksgiving Day is this year. This is cause for a fight?

DeeCeeSW said:
Prefacing "What's my point?" with "Yeah, so what?" is simply responding?

If you're looking to start something up, then I'm the wrong one to do it with. We'll be here all day. Just get a grip and stop assuming that posters are looking to debate you.

I simply stated what date Thanksgiving Day is this year. This is cause for a fight?

Please, again, take your own advice and take a few deep breaths. You started this all but I'll try not to let your nastiness get this long old thread closed.

I still don't get what your point was in telling me when Thanksgiving is. I didn't ask anyone when it is. :confused3

beattyfamily said:
Please, again, take your own advice and take a few deep breaths. You started this all but I'll try not to let your nastiness get this long old thread closed.

I still don't get what your point was in telling me when Thanksgiving is. I didn't ask anyone when it is. :confused3

Whatever, no where is this important or worth it to me. Don't need any advice from you or particularly want it. It's no wonder that newbies are afraid to post anything. Carry on....

Hi- I was wondering if indeed these dates are the right ones; what are your opinions on either 12/7 (Thurs.) or 12/11(Mon)? Do ya think there would be much difference between a Monday and a Thursday?

Deb

Holy cow. If those are the real dates they are starting the parties WAY early this year. Wonder if it is one of those milk the $$ out of it thing.

I was a bit discouraged to see other reports showing the first party on the 30th. We have gone on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving for a few years now and I was hoping for that because we leave on the 1st.

dbal said:
Hi- I was wondering if indeed these dates are the right ones; what are your opinions on either 12/7 (Thurs.) or 12/11(Mon)? Do ya think there would be much difference between a Monday and a Thursday?

Deb

I think you'd be fine with either. The busiest nights are Fridays and the last one...Monday, Tues and Thurs are about the same. Go with which one fits your schedule best.

I am so hoping these dates are correct. We don't arrive until the 19th and would be able to do the party on the 21st. That would be wonderful! I had thought the last party would be the 19th and we would have to go to it after checking in. This would be much better.

ugadog99 said:
I am so hoping these dates are correct. We don't arrive until the 19th and would be able to do the party on the 21st. That would be wonderful! I had thought the last party would be the 19th and we would have to go to it after checking in. This would be much better.
Count me in as another person keeping fingers and toes crossed that these dates are correct. We check in on the 21st and this would be a perfect way to kick off our stay. Maybe we'll see you there that night, ugadog99!

We check in on the 23rd...I hope they might add our date...but if not..its ok.

Now I really need help planning this trip-I have never been at wdw for Christmas. We are doing the dining plan and want to do CP for Christmas eve. Anyone know when CP tickets usually go on sale? Anyone have a list of must do's(we are experienced wdw visitors-and will be going again just not at Christmas) So what do you do? I am expecting massive crowds, but really don't do well waiting...(not good for me I know)...but we are night owls and I am hoping to get our ride fixes in at the late EE. Does anyone have some ideas for me? Also I really need a clothing list-what is cold? TIA

canwegosoon said:
We check in on the 23rd...I hope they might add our date...but if not..its ok.

Now I really need help planning this trip-I have never been at wdw for Christmas. We are doing the dining plan and want to do CP for Christmas eve. Anyone know when CP tickets usually go on sale? Anyone have a list of must do's(we are experienced wdw visitors-and will be going again just not at Christmas) So what do you do? I am expecting massive crowds, but really don't do well waiting...(not good for me I know)...but we are night owls and I am hoping to get our ride fixes in at the late EE. Does anyone have some ideas for me? Also I really need a clothing list-what is cold? TIA

Last year they were available Aug 15. You don't purchase tickets as such but you make reservations for the CP dining package. Your credit card will be charged in advance, and you pick up your tickets after you arrive.

We don't go at actual Christmas time, but it seems that regardless of the crowd level, you will do better "getting your ride fix in" by going at park opening or to morning EMH, rather than the evening EMH which can be very crowded. Of course if you're a true night owl, you have no choice...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!