Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party

Kd31987

Earning My Ears
Hello!

I am looking for some information from disney goers who have experienced the Mickeys very merry christmad party before. I will be going to disney world in december with my son (who will have just turned 4) i would love to take him to the christmas party but i would like to know feedback as to if it was worth it, especially for the little ones? I know that it runs until midnight, so that is late for a preschooler. Is it worth the price? Any info is appreciated thanks!!

We have just been able, DS age 11, to go to a party and stay enough time to justify the cost. My son was not able to stay up past about 9 without many meltdowns. This past Oct. we were there for the Halloween party and did not leave until after midnight. He loved it. However, in the past he would have been asleep and miserable asking to leave. Only you know your son well enough to know if he is able to stay up that late
AND enjoy the party. This year we did stay at the hotel during the day before the party trying to conserve as much energy as possible; sleeping late, eating at the food court, etc. This did seem to help not only the kids but me as well!!

We are doing out first MVMCP this year. We are planning on going to the first party of the year 11/8. We are super excited. DD12 is a night own. Always has been. She would've stayed up past midnight at age 4 but we never went during this time of year.

We are also planning a December trip - in 2019 for the week after Thanksgiving. What all goes on at these exclusive events? If we go the night of the Christmas party, would we see HEA or would it be something else? Is there time to ride the rides at night or are you just really busy with the parade and other things?

would we see HEA or would it be something else?

At this years party (2018) you see the "Holiday Wishes" fireworks not HEA. For HEA you need to go on a non-party night.

What all goes on at these exclusive events?

There are exclusive shows, a night time parade, a different fireworks display and several character meet and greets with characters that are not usually available. eg. Jack Skeleton

Check out the thread for the 2018 Christmas party here:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...as-party-holiday-magic.3668978/#post-58915133

We went 2 years ago and plan on going again this year. There doesn't seem to be as many things to do as the Halloween party, but we still loved it. It just has such a different feel. The kids lived letting a couple of characters all dressed up (although the lines were long so we didn't do very many). The party in Tomorrowland was a lot of fun. I don't usually like parades, but the parade is amazing. I can still her to sound the toy soldiers make walking down Main Street. I thought the snow was hyped up, but it really is beautiful. It is expensive, but we like it. We aren't going to a park during the day this time though. We were all so tired by the end. We are going to make it our relax day and go in when the party opens to maximize. Have fun!!

I took my (just turned) 5 year old daughter this past early December. We actually spent the whole day in MK that day (starting at 8am) and she made it the whole night. I know many people purposely schedule a party day as a down day to rest for that evening but instead I purposely scheduled the following day to be a down day (although we did end up going to Disney Springs for a little while) in order to be able to sleep in after such a long day. My daughter (and I) had an absolute blast. We didn't do any rides; we concentrated on things that you can't do except at the party. So we did the parade, and fireworks, the shows, the dance party and we were able to meet 4 different character (7 Dwarfs, Nick & Judy, Moana, and Winnie the Pooh and friends). We were also able to see the snow on Main Street, hit up 2 or 3 places for the free snacks, did some shopping for party items, and took waited for multiple photopass pictures. While I am a Disney vet many times over, this was my 1st time going to the Christmas Party. Since I wanted to maximize what we wanted to do I actually paid for a personalized tour plan. It was well worth the money I spent as I know there would have be no way we would have been able to accomplish everything we did without it.

Depends on whether your kid can make it. While we enjoyed the Halloween party a lot before we had kids, we haven't gone to a party WITH our kids yet - first trip was 4 and 1, second was 6 and 3, and this next will be 7 and 4, and we're pretty sure that we'd have to give up an entire park day to manage (and even with that, pretty sure our younger would be a total crab!).

Given the total cost for us to go - and how young they are - just hasn't felt worth it yet. There are so many other things I can do with $450 on property and a full morning in the parks that it just doesn't feel worth it.

I first took DS to MVMCP when he was 7 and he barely made it through the fireworks. I took him again this past year (he is now 10) and, again, he had had it by the time the fireworks were over. Honestly, if you are looking for festive, holiday things to do, there is so much going on at WDW (resort decorations, activities at DS, sleigh rides at Ft. W, holiday storytellers at EP, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam at DHS), that I think you could you could put together an entire, really fun, festive holiday itinerary without spending extra money on the party. If you were asking about MNSSHP, I might have a different answer because I think that party is WAY more fun than MVMCP, LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter