mid-afternoon breaks without kids?

ChisJo

Cause afterall, a dream that you wish, will come t
Just wondering how many of you take an afternoon break without any kids? I didn't when we went to WDW last time, but just wondering if you do or not??

Joline

We didn't but we weren't at WDW during the hot months.

Katholyn

It really depends on the weather and also on my evening plans.

If my plans include an evening at PI or one of the clubs at the Boardwalk, I will usually plan for a mid-day break to get some relaxing time in before the partying begins.

Similarly, if it is just really hot and sticky, I always take a break just to get out of the heat.

Otherwise, I tend to spend the day on the go and keep going until I can't move any more. :D

My mother and I like to take little afternoon breaks to just sit on the beach at the Poly. It's always beautiful, relaxing and gives us a much needed energy boost! :D

DH and I usually do unless we get a late start. We were last there in January, and we did take a break most days. Some days we didn't go all the way back to our resort. We just had lunch at a nearby resort instead of in the parks. Those restaurants are usually quieter, and you can get a sit-down meal a little cheaper.

Of course, the week we were there last, it was freezing. Taking a break when you're cold is as important as when it's hot because it's nice to get really and truely warm.

DH and I didn't take mid-day breaks last June. We also took our time walking around that parks which I think makes a huge difference.

On my trips in December I normally don't take a break other than maybe sit on the train for a few laps or catch a snooze at Sounds Dangerous.
But when I go solo in mid September I nearly always head back to my room at midday if only to take another shower. Heading out clean at 3-4 until park closing then off to DD or PI is the only way for me.
RussH

We always take a break- usually right after lunch. It helps to break up the day- whether it's hot or cold while we're there.

Sometimes we take a swim at the resort, sometimes a nap, but usually just go back to the room and rest or read.

It really helps to reenvigorate use for the rest of the day!

My favorite break is to hang out at the Fountain View bakery in Epcot and watch the fountain! I don't ever really head back to the hotel, but I almost always travel off-season - less crowds and nice weather!

Since we are usually up early and stay out late, we like to take a break in the afternoon. We do three things. We take a dip in the pool, soak our feet (and other body parts) in the hot tub and finally we take a nap.

Some days we break - last year at AK I just hit a wall and couldn't go anymore. I can do Epcot without a break though. It's nice sometimes to get away from the heat and crowds. We also use meals as breaks since we don't want to nap.

I very rarely go back to the resort for a break. I am usually out late in the evenings and get a late start in the morning. That is just the way I like to do on vacation. I pretty much go all day once I'm out and going. I have been know to take a shower before heading back out for dinner. Other than that, I do sort of like RussH and MaryT mentioned. I find a quiet place in one of the parks or on transportation and "rest my eyes" a bit or just cool off, slow down and watch people while I take a breather.

My husband and I would pass out if we didn't take a break! We get up at the crack of dawn--we're NOT morning people--go to the early entry park and by afternoon we are exhausted. We always go back to the hotel for a full-fledged nap (about an hour) and then head back to a park and nighttime activities. If we didn't do that, we would both be very crabby. Plus, it gives you a chance to "freshen-up" if you are hot and sticky.

My husband and I also take a break nearly every day. We just like to go back to the resort and "regroup". It's a nice time to grab a camera or re-load with film, drop off any pressed pennies aquired that morning, and possibly change for the afternoon/evening. I guess our breaks are not always right at mid-day, sometimes mid-afternoon or later. We also like to do 2 different parks/activities per day to avoid burn-out, so this helps us change gears.:)

Kristin

counting down to 9/14...BWV here we come!

We usually take a mid-afternoon break. Go swimming if its hot, or just go back to our room for a short nap. It keeps us from getting cranky in the evenings.

Afternoon breaks for us as well. We are also early risers, and "commando" is not our style. We take our time and enjoy ourselves. Our motto is if we don't get to see it/do it on this trip, we have an excuse to go back!

You know..I am the stay-all-day type in parks, but when I was at Glo-Con, I tested out the mid-afternoon break thing, and it really helped!!! It gave me a chance to get back to my room, shower, relax in the A/C for a bit and just build up energy again for the parks. When I got back into the parks I was refreshed and ready for more fun. It really did make a difference! Months ago I would have said "why bother?" now my reply to this is "why not?". If it didn't work for me, I wouldn't be endorsing it. :)
(it helped the most at Animal Kingdom..when the crowds and congestion got to me the most)

We always take break in the afternoon. Sometimes we nap, others just to lie down for a few minutes. We're on vacation, not a commando mission! And besides, I'm too old for that fast paced stuff any more.

When I go solo, I hit the parks straight for 3 days or so. After this, I'm exhausted! I then take an afternoon and evening off, resting, ordering room service, and just chilling. (After all, it IS vacation!) The next day, I'm ready for anything! :bounce:

I do I do! I leave the park around 2:00 and back to the room from 3;00 to 5:00! I have to take my Nappy! LOL! Than, I get up, shower, change and go out dancing at Pleasure Island till 1:00 in the AM!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!