Mid-Day Magic Tickets Now Available

hiroMYhero

I'm satisfied with my care...
If you aren’t into rope dropping park openings, here are tickets that may fit your park-style:

The “Mid-Day Magic Ticket,” allows guests to enter a theme park at 12pm. 2, 3, and 4 day Mid-Day Magic tickets are available, and dates begin on or before December 15th, 2019.

• 2-Day Mid-Day Magic Ticket: Valid for admission after 12 p.m. 2-day Mid-Day Magic Tickets are available from $88 per day plus tax (from $176 total plus tax) and expire four (4) days after the selected start date.
  • 3-Day Mid-Day Magic Ticket: Valid for admission to after 12 p.m. 3-day Mid-Day Magic tickets are available from $84 per day plus tax (from $252 total plus tax) and expire five (5) days after the selected start date.
  • 4-Day Mid-Day Magic Ticket: Valid for admission after 12 p.m. 4-day Mid-Day Magic tickets are available from $79 per day plus tax (from $316 total plus tax) and expire seven (7) days after the selected start date.
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ney-world-resort-theme-park-fun-after-12-p-m/

This may shift crowds away from parks in the morning. Could be a good reason to go back to rope dropping.

I am not sure why Disney is doing this. I see it as a cut in revenue they wont make up. As it is now. You either buy or you dont. A noon entry is not a bad trade off for $40 off. Seems to me, they should have set the time at 2pm.

This may shift crowds away from parks in the morning. Could be a good reason to go back to rope dropping.

I am not sure why Disney is doing this. I see it as a cut in revenue they wont make up. As it is now. You either buy or you dont. A noon entry is not a bad trade off for $40 off. Seems to me, they should have set the time at 2pm.

If they would stay open past 10 I could agree that 2pm is good.

Hmm. This might be a good option for an upcoming trip with friends who I know I will never be able to get to the parks early. It says FP+ may be made 30 days early. We are staying on site. I wonder if it means the 60 day FP+ window does not apply to these tickets. :confused3

Laurie

Its 100% because of their week earnings report. Someone in the home office is scrambling to increase ticket sales. Honestly shocked to see them resort to an offer like this.

I can only see this as a play to improve affordability and increase guest count. It's shocking really. All the more reason to take an afternoon siesta for us early risers!

Yeah that's us as well. We are usually done and leaving by 1-2pm because of young kids. Especially when the heat is sweltering. Hopefully this affects the morning crowd levels in a positive way.

Would ease morning crowds for sure, maybe even morning bus wait times! :)

But are there really that many people who would shift to later in the day? I mean maybe west coasters dealing with the time change. Even on my "we're taking things easy" days, I'm still in the parks before noon...

I feel like this is just going to add people to midday, not necessarily shift them from the mornings....

Edited to remove my own repetitiveness...

Last edited:
Way to sell a ticket to the busiest part of the day Disney.

I guess its good for arrival day if you can't make it to opening...but you have to buy 2 day min. Probably still cheaper to add another day to a multi day ticket & just burn a day.

I guess, if like some of my trips where I go after work each day, it might be a cost savings.

I could see this finally 'allowing' parties to sleep in or enjoy their overpriced resort in the morning & then go to parks later, knowing all the while they had to.

Hmm. This might be a good option for an upcoming trip with friends who I know I will never be able to get to the parks early. It says FP+ may be made 30 days early. We are staying on site. I wonder if it means the 60 day FP+ window does not apply to these tickets. :confused3

Laurie
I was wondering this same thing. Is another restriction that FP+ can only be used 30 days ahead of time, or are they just referring to the general rule for offsite guests that have tickets?

Laurie
I’ve addressed this misinformation with the author of the article.

The resort reservation opens up the 60-day window allowing FPs to be booked with these valid tickets. You just can’t book morning FPs.

I'm not sure if it will shift people to midday or just add more people to midday...

But are there really that many people who would shift to later in the day? I mean maybe west coasters dealing with the time change. Even on my "we're taking things easy" days, I'm still in the parks before noon...

I feel like this is just going to add people to midday, not necessarily shift them from the mornings....

Well, if people buy these tickets instead of the regular tickets, it would have to mean less people in the morning. Some people like to sleep in on vacation.

If more people start booking trips because of these tickets, or more locals decide to go then I suppose it would make the parks overall more crowded.

Rope droppers are not going to give up the golden hours for a few dollars. They can get so much more done than the money saved is worth.

Timing tells me this is geared to those that:
- Think Disney has hit the bar they are no longer interested in paying.
- They are really worried SWGE at WDW will not be busy until December (I don't think DL is indicator).
- They are trying to entice UO base to give them a try by offering much lower 2 day, about equal 3 day and dropping your 4 day. So hoping to pick up 2 and 3 day folks at least.
- Filling parks with locals who have now let their APs expire with the new rates: great FL Resident deal ready to end.

But it is not ... Disney trying to lower crowds. I don't think Disney ever wanted to lower crowds, just boost them on value days and make more money on peak days. 💰💰💰

Last edited:
Are there that many of us who leave the parks at noon, that we have forced Disney to fill the parks back up while we are napping? 🤔 I haven’t been in a park between 12-5 or 6ish in a very long time. I truly have no idea what they look like.
Last week around 12:30 or 1 on Wednesday, Space Mountain had a 115 minute posted wait and COP was filling theaters. Some rides in the park had inflated posted wait times, but honestly, midday is the busiest time of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter