Mid-Day Magic Tickets Now Available

If this thins out the early morning crowd, I'm all for it. Otherwise, doesn't matter to me at all since it's not something we'd do.

I was so excited to see this! We typically don't go before noon anyway...

...but I'm running the math and I can't make this work for us in combination with regular tickets to get to 5-day. $336.41 (taxes in) is great for a 4-day! It's about what the Canadian deal was last year that we can't use this fall. But no combination of 1+4MDM, 2+3MDM, or 3+2MDM comes in better than just getting a 5-day ticket.

Now I'm going to have to mull dropping the 5th day where before it was a no-brainer to have. I can save $100 per person if I do so (and we elect to miss Woody's Lunch Box breakfast that we were planning on for our DHS day...).

Would it be possible to buy a two day of this and full day tickets for other days and use them both? Would FP still work with that?

Would it be possible to buy a two day of this and full day tickets for other days and use them both? Would FP still work with that?
Yes for FPs but you’d need to prioritize ticket usage for park entry at a Ticket Window or have the tickets linked to different Profiles in MDX.

The resort reservation opens up the 60-day window allowing FPs to be booked with these valid tickets. You just can’t book morning FPs.

With regards to the bolded above, the website actually states:
Ticket not valid for admission to morning Extra Magic Hours. Disney FastPass+ selections before 12:00 PM will not be valid with this ticket.
Leaves me thinking IT may allow FPs to be booked prior to noon, but a guest won't be able to use them?

Admittedly a cynical viewpoint... but continue to shorten operating hours with early closings (compared to just a few years ago) and charge a partial day ticket. Good business model! :-)
I'm even more cynical - maybe another small, incremental step towards a full-blown partial-day ticketing model? (which arguably already exists much of the year with separately ticketed party nights August through December).

I don't know - it seems if Disney wants to sell more tickets, then maybe reduce the cost of what they already offer? But that would imply that recent price hikes weren't a good idea. And, of course, those increases were to help with crowd control by encouraging people to go during less busy times for a cheaper price. So it's only natural now to introduce cheaper tickets to get people to go during the busier hours of the day, while charging more to be there in the mornings when it's less busy. Wait a minute .....

With regards to the bolded above, the website actually states:
Ticket not valid for admission to morning Extra Magic Hours. Disney FastPass+ selections before 12:00 PM will not be valid with this ticket.
Leaves me thinking IT may allow FPs to be booked prior to noon, but a guest won't be able to use them?
Agree. Any valid ticket such as Party tickets allow FP booking for the complete day. This is just a Warning that because you book FoP at 11:00a, you still aren’t getting into the park until 12 noon.

Can see it helping boost traffic at Epcot (maybe) in the near term - a popular lunch or dinner destination park that is about to go through a major half-park lobotomy for several years. Dangle a slightly less expensive ticket to entice people to ‘deal’ with what will probably be a pretty construction-filled experience at the front of the park.

I guess its good for arrival day if you can't make it to opening...but you have to buy 2 day min. Probably still cheaper to add another day to a multi day ticket & just burn a day.

I got really excited when I first saw this post because although I have an AP, I'm doing a 3-day girls' trip with a friend who needs tickets. Our arrival day would be perfect for this partial-day ticket, but not if she has to get two days of it, at a minimum. Guess we're still paying full price because we want to rope-drop SWGE (the entire reason for her to come to WDW).
But yeah, I guess people who are not on their first trip could use this to enjoy sleeping in and/or using their resort amenities before heading into the park. Sigh.

From the price structure I think this ticket is to entice Universal/Sea World/Aquatica lovers into coming over for a couple of days to see Disney. It seems like it would be tailor made for that purpose. Or for a couple of days before or after a cruise. This ticket is not going to appeal to die hard Disney fans, they have them already locked into AP's or stay on site and spend a week. This seems designed to pull a market that they do not currently have into giving Disney a shot that they otherwise may not have.

Can see it helping boost traffic at Epcot (maybe) in the near term - a popular lunch or dinner destination park that is about to go through a major half-park lobotomy for several years. Dangle a slightly less expensive ticket to entice people to ‘deal’ with what will probably be a pretty construction-filled experience at the front of the park.

If I was doing an Epcot exclusive, like down for the weekend for food and wine, this ticket structure might work.

Ahh, I hadn't considered that an onsite guest would be excluding themselves from morning EMH, thereby reducing their amenities for staying onsite. Thereby, increasing the delectability of staying offsite with this ticket.

I think it's the BEST idea Disney has had in a long time. I have actually been wanting something like this for years. Our large family does not do early morning anything ..... even at Disney. In addition, we have 2 special needs grandkids who can't do a whole park day, so this is perfect. At least it's an option we have not had before and I applaud them for that. While it may not work for everyone, it would probably INCREASE our park attendance! Huge problem for us is that the promotion only goes to December 15 and we aren't coming with extended family until January.

Yes. The pictures I have seen coming from Epcot mid-day are crazy. Looks like a ghost town.

MK at 2pm is absolute chaos, though.

Watching the interview with Iger was interesting. He was his usual relaxed self until the question about pricing came up. Then he sat straight up and looked uncomfortable. I think they are beginning to get a bit of reality check ... and factoring in how much money they are spending and possible recession. They need to keep bodies coming in the door. Since this is a short term offer is is just to fill the gap they anticipate at moment or is it also to test this market for possible slow down?

Last trip we went to Epcot for a few hours so DS could do his few rides and see Illuminations. We spend less than $5. Next trip we will do two days at MK, AK and DHS and ZERO time at Epcot.

They have the After 4 pm Epcot Annual Pass now .... I could see them adding something similar across the resort.

I think it's the BEST idea Disney has had in a long time. I have actually been wanting something like this for years. Our large family does not do early morning anything ..... even at Disney. In addition, we have 2 special needs grandkids who can't do a whole park day, so this is perfect. At least it's an option we have not had before and I applaud them for that. While it may not work for everyone, it will probably INCREASE our park attendance!

It for sure has a target market. But I think for sure it's to increase attendance from those who are not coming for a variety of reasons. I too can't get my DS who has special needs there for rope drop except for a special occasion like EMM. If I didn't have APs I would love to save this money and use on meals etc.

Are there that many of us who leave the parks at noon, that we have forced Disney to fill the parks back up while we are napping? 🤔 I haven’t been in a park between 12-5 or 6ish in a very long time. I truly have no idea what they look like.

This is exactly what I was thinking. As a AP holder for years, our standard practice was basically rope drop till about 12, and head back to the room or just out for lunch depending if we were staying at DVC or off-site. We would then return late afternoon or early evening, avoiding the hottest and busiest part of the day.

Last week around 12:30 or 1 on Wednesday, Space Mountain had a 115 minute posted wait and COP was filling theaters. Some rides in the park had inflated posted wait times, but honestly, midday is the busiest time of the day.

Same exact point. I remember walking thru the park on a Wednesday about 1:00 PM in early December (a typical slow time), to go to a space mountain fastpass. Again, not normally there during the day, but this was quick two day adult only very last minute trip that was too good to pass up. Anyway, Peter Pan had a 70 minute wait, Seven Dwarfs has a 115 minute wait, and Space Mountain had a 90 minute wait. I remember this specifically because i said to my wife that if someone had just arrived for the first time, they were looking at basically 5 hours to ride just three rides. And this was during what is typically a slower period.

That, along with the lack of extra discounts for DVC that they have had in the past, and the expected craziness around SWGE is why when our Fast Passes expired in July we decided to take a year off before we buy again.

However, I am really not sure why they are offering these tickets? Even more when you look at the dates for the MK. Park closes at 6:00 two or three times a week for the Halloween Party, and four times a week for the Christmas party. Based on my example above, you are looking at maybe getting on four rides on those days.

Hmm. This might be a good option for an upcoming trip with friends who I know I will never be able to get to the parks early. It says FP+ may be made 30 days early. We are staying on site. I wonder if it means the 60 day FP+ window does not apply to these tickets. :confused3

Laurie
60 does still apply for onsite gets. I am TA and we did get information confirming this.

Are there that many of us who leave the parks at noon, that we have forced Disney to fill the parks back up while we are napping? 🤔 I haven’t been in a park between 12-5 or 6ish in a very long time. I truly have no idea what they look like.

When we're leaving MK for an afternoon break, I'm always surprised at the large number of people entering. For the late arrivers, I can see why it would be a good move because they'll save $ doing what they already do. But I wouldn't change my RD ways just to save some money on a ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter