Mid to late October

cinmell

DIS Veteran
For those who travel to WDW in October, how are the crowds and weather? We usually go in September or May but we are considering a mid to late October trip for next year. Is it still warm enough to go swimming? Is is usually rainy? Does MNSSHP affect MK crowds?

October is our favorite time to go. We also do May but feel that October is much better weather and crowd wise. Even during the golf tournaments we never had to stand in line for attractions or have trouble getting last minute PSs. Now that the FTP has taken over though I'm afraid that those good times are over! It seems the resorts have filled up quite a bit and will impact crowds. The weather has always been perfect. We usually go the 2nd and 3rd weeks of October and experience temps in the low 80s in the day and low 70s at night with little rain at all. We are going for the third October trip this year and can't wait! Don't forget about the MNSSHP too. I think it is Disney's best event!:D

Hello SKIWEE1, we are also going to Orlando mid October, this is only our 2nd trip to the area (first time was 1994) and that is why we chose October this time too! But I think you are right, the FTP will affect the crowds somewhat. We are part of that statistic, I couldn't resist, and since the two rooms we had booked at the Caribbean Beach were not available when I switched to the FTP, they offered us the Poly concierge level, so I grabbed it!! Which building do you normally stay in? We've never stayed onsite. The first time we went to Orlando in '94 we stayed offsite at a timeshare place (my parents). What do you like about the Poly? I sure hope the rehab is done, and that we're in the Hawaii bldg. We are going to Universal first (Oct. 18-23) and then the Polynesian from the 23-30th, and then a Disney cruise Oct. 30-Nov. 2. We will be pretty pooped afterwards! We have tickets for the MNSSHP for the 26th, reservations for Hoop Dee Doo on the 25th, California Grill 27th and Hollywood & Vine w/Fantastic dinner package on the 28th. Any more ideas or hints?? Kelly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter