• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Midway Car Rental at LAX? *UPDATE*

candy0730

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have any experience with this company? They are quite a bit cheaper than the big named agencies. Right now I have a 8 day rental reserved for $171 with taxes out of LAX. Most of the other agencies are over $100 more. I googled Midway Car Rental and they have pretty good reviews on Yelp but I would like to hear from someone on the Disboards.
TIA!

**UPDATE** I decided to go ahead and rent from Midway and wanted to report back in case anyone else was interested.

This company was fantastic! A shuttle was waiting at the airport and took us right to the office which was very close. Picking up the car was a breeze. We upgraded to a Jeep Liberty and the total was $197 (with taxes) for 8 days. It only had a little over 6,000 miles on it. Every employee that we encountered was friendly and helpful. Returning the car went just as smooth as picking it up. We did have to wait about 10 minutes to board the shuttle to get to LAX but that was not a big deal.

I would recommend Midway Car Rental at LAX to anyone. :)

I updated my original post but wanted to bump this up for anyone that is interested.

Good to hear, and glad it worked out. That's a cheap price. Just wanted to share that I rented a car from LAX using price line for 6 nights. Ended up getting a Standard car from Hertz for $157 total. The list price was over $500 on there website. The only catch is that you have to pay upfront.

I will check out Midway in the future.

Thank you for giving us an update, and I'm glad it worked out so well. I had never heard of the company, but will keep it in mind for out-of-town guests. If you use Yelp or Tripadvisor you might want to give them a review. That helps a lot of travellers. :)

Is this one of those car rental companies that let you pick your own car from whatever aisle has the car size you've reserved or do you make your choice at the counter?

Can I ask what category is a Liberty? And what was your original reservation for and for how much? Thinking of using Midway on a trip in June, they are so much less expensive than everyone else, but hubby is iffy about the idea of a shuttle.

How was your stay at the Hojo? We'll be staying in a kids suite there.

Is this one of those car rental companies that let you pick your own car from whatever aisle has the car size you've reserved or do you make your choice at the counter?

Can I ask what category is a Liberty? And what was your original reservation for and for how much? Thinking of using Midway on a trip in June, they are so much less expensive than everyone else, but hubby is iffy about the idea of a shuttle.

How was your stay at the Hojo? We'll be staying in a kids suite there.

Orignally we reserved an Intermediate size for $171 for 8 days but when we checked in they offered the Jeep for $197 for 8 days. Since they told us the car we would be getting (Toyota Corolla) I don't believe that you can choose your own car at Midway. I have no idea what class the Jeep was considered.

As far as I know you will have to use a shuttle to any car rental agency at LAX. Midway states on their website that they are the closest car rental agency - only 1 mile from LAX. The shuttle ride was under 5 minutes from the airport.

Hojos was great. We booked the retro rate which was an awesome discount. We had a 2 queen premium view and found the room to be pretty spacious. We were able to see (and hear) the fireworks from our room. Our room did not face the highway but we still thought there was a ton of traffic noise. It didn't keep anyone from sleeping but it was definately noticeable. It is a short walk to the parks. Enjoy your stay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter