Midwest Dismeet 2019

tigger92662

They're more like guidelines than actual rules
Well, tomorrow is 1 year to the day that I posted for a 2018 Midwest Dismeet, so let's get started on 2019.
I know it's early, but this gives everyone time to plan.
1st trip was @Teamubr, @bjschil, & @tigger92662. Hoping to get more for this year.
Shout out to @team bradfield, @mickeyfan0805, @ilovedisneymm, and heck, anyone else who's interested is welcome to attend.
Probably looking at June sometime before it gets too hot.
Feel free to throw out dates that will work for you and we will work out a plan.
Can't wait for the weather to break and head out camping.

Thanks for pulling this together.

I'll be at the DIS meet at GSP until June 1. Donna has a conference in Indy around June 20th into that weekend. I was looking at some place around Peoria. There is a state park outside of Springfield (Sangchrist) I've stayed at several times. It is a quick run into Springfield for the Lincoln stuff. I did stay at Clinton Lake just north of Decatur and very close to ilovedisneymm last fall. The park was nice, but nothing close to do.

Let me know what people think. I'm game for early/mid May too.

j

We are in, just keep looking for places. Early May Jim??? I do not believe the snow/ice snow will be melted by then!! The week of around May 20 works good for us, as does the 2nd weekend of June. Already looking at when 1st crop hay would begin, this might be a hard one to predict.

Well, tomorrow is 1 year to the day that I posted for a 2018 Midwest Dismeet, so let's get started on 2019.
I know it's early, but this gives everyone time to plan.
1st trip was @Teamubr, @bjschil, & @tigger92662. Hoping to get more for this year.
Shout out to @team bradfield, @mickeyfan0805, @ilovedisneymm, and heck, anyone else who's interested is welcome to attend.
Probably looking at June sometime before it gets too hot.
Feel free to throw out dates that will work for you and we will work out a plan.
Can't wait for the weather to break and head out camping.

appreciate the shout out, unfortunately I can't plan anything for the next 2 summer seasons, my company builds frac sand processing/mine equipment facilities, most the summer I'm traveling in Texas/Oklahoma checking on project progress, safety, new business, etc.

@jaredjohn4, I didn't know you were Chicago area ish. Always looking for Midwesterners to join us this summer if you can

The first week in June is usually a round hay cutting. That said, it always fluxuates. Jim is correct, nothing to do around Clinton except the lake. Anyone bringing their boat too? Just kidding. Never camped in Springfield before, but the Lincoln Library Museum is worth a visit. Last time we went they had one of only four of his top hats on display. You see the wear and tear from where he tipped his hat with his two fingers to greet people.

I appreciate the shout-out, and truly wish I could be there. Sadly, it's just not in the cards for us right now. With the exception of memorial Day weekend (which we have had booked at a WI campground since fall - as I will need to drive in on Sunday for worship), and our two summer trips (MI and New England), we are mind-numbingly over-scheduled. Literally, the next Fri/Sat combo with nothing on the calendar is August 30-31! :crazy2:

Wish I could join you all

How is everyone's schedule looking for June this year. @bjschil what do you think about the Springfield area.
That's a little bit of a drive for you guys, but hoping maybe we can get @ilovedisneymm out for a couple days.
@Teamubr what's it looking like for you?

June is busy, but we can probably make a trip to Springfield.

The 1st weekend we are at the GSP meet. The 22nd-23rd weekend I'll be in Indy with Donna for a conference. Father's Day is the 16th, so that may impact some.

Looks like the 7-9th weekend or the 29-30th (weekend before Independence Day) for me. Either is good.

Sangcris S.P is close to Springfield. I've stayed there several times. Nothing fancy, but big open sites. Electric only. There is a private cg, south of Springfield on the service road to I-55, I have stayed at once. Double J Campground. And a KOA very near Springfield, but I have never stayed there.

I'd lean towards Sangcris or the KOA for June 28-30th, but let's see what everyone else thinks. Sangcris has 2 cgs, Deer Run and Hickory Point. Hickory Point is on the lake. Deer Run is a bit more remote. Right now, both Sangcris cgs have quite a few sites close together available for the 28-30th.

j

I Googled mapped Sangcris. These sites are huge, and many look like pull thru. Lets see what others are up for.

I Googled mapped Sangcris. These sites are huge, and many look like pull thru. Lets see what others are up for.
Joe,

No pull throughs, but the sites are big. This was our site 2 years ago when we went to the IL State Fair to see Pentatonix. This was site 30 or 31 at Hickory Point. I think all the sites are back in.

20170811_184025-1008x756.jpg 20170811_184114-1008x756.jpg 20170811_202609-1008x756.jpg 20170811_202745-1008x756.jpg

j

My bad, I got my pictures mixed up, it's the KOA that has the pull thrus.
I like Hickory Point on the lake

Either if fine with us, and I believe we could make the jaunt. Please keep us up to speed when you decide dates, etc. the last weekend in June would work better for us, as I know we will be between seasons of haying.

Either if fine with us, and I believe we could make the jaunt. Please keep us up to speed when you decide dates, etc. the last weekend in June would work better for us, as I know we will be between seasons of haying.
Great,

Right now, there are sites available that are close together in Hickory Point. Let's see who else might be interested and we can get something reserved. Let's shoot for June 28-30th.

j

We are in for those dates. Jim, can we reserve through the campground or from 3rd party like before

Joe,

Reservations are through Reserve America. I can book 3 or 4 sites together or we can each do our own. I normally get a site towards the end of the loop. (30 or higher) Those sites are a little bigger and more open.

j

I just booked site 31 in Hickory Point (50 amp and long enough for me). The map below shows what's available right now (blue boxes). The red circle is me. The blue circles are 50 amp sites. It will be the end of June, so I would expect 80-90s for day time highs.

This Google map link should take you to the satellite view of the map.

upload_2019-5-4_9-21-20.png

j

Joe,

Did you put in June 28-30? I'm still seeing site 41 open.

Either way, 28 isn't bad either.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!