Migraines + Disney?

My mother had migraines and found that reflections off water (especially the World Showcase Lagoon) bothered her on a very bright day. She also had problems sometimes with the 360 movies in China and Canada because they are all around and because of flicker. Even though movie might not seem to flicker, they are actually made up of many individual pictures per minute going thru the projector. The flickering in them is noticeable by some people, especially if the film is damaged or dirty.

Am I your mom, LOL? Those have been triggers for me in the past, but luckily they never bloomed into full blown migraines when I was there. I do wear really dark sunglasses at the parks, and what's really saved me this year are lash extensions, of all things! I think they screen out a lot of the reflective glare. Tried to get my doctor to consider them a 'medical device' but she didn't go for it, rats!

My mother had migraines and found that reflections off water (especially the World Showcase Lagoon) bothered her on a very bright day. She also had problems sometimes with the 360 movies in China and Canada because they are all around and because of flicker. Even though movie might not seem to flicker, they are actually made up of many individual pictures per minute going thru the projector. The flickering in them is noticeable by some people, especially if the film is damaged or dirty.

Yeah, light is a big one for me too! The fluorescent lighting at my work (or really anywhere else) and sunshine do a number on me, so sunglasses are my best friend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter