MikeD

MikeD

Mouseketeer
Just returned late last night from DL and had some general impressions: My wife and I traveled with our 3 kids (Alexa - 7, Kara - 4, and Matt - 20mos) stayed at Hyatt Alicante for 6 days and 5 nights. I would love to post an entire trip report but I don't have time. I will gladly ansewer any questions.

Flew United Airlines - got $99 RT from Columbus Ohio last August. No problems and food was actually good on flight. Flight coming back was delayed 1 hour from Chicago to Columbus but kids handled well.

Stayed at Hyatt Alicante for $99/night (booked thru Hotel Reservations Network on Internet). Beautiful hotel on outside and inside but I feel rooms need renovated. They were only worth $99 and I'd like to know what normal rate is December. Shuttle was OK, sometimes late.

We spent 3 days at DL and I must say it exceeded my expectations. Some rides I thought were superior to their counterparts at WDW (Pirates, Small World, Space Mountain). Park was immaculate and CM's were all nice. Best meal we had was at Carnation Cafe (big portions at reasonable prices). Sunday the 11th was a little crowded, Monday was packed, and Tuesday was similar to Sunday.

Went to Knott's Berry Farm on last full day and I must admit I was disappointed. We should have done a fourth day at DL.

Overall, when we go again I would stay at either the new hotel or the other 2 Disney hotels. Personally, we don't like waiting for the shuttles.

Overall cost for family of 5 roughly $2,200 (tix, hotel, air, limo serive, and food).

grandfl01a.gif

So tell me...how packed is packed? Wait times in line were how long? We have resies for the Candy Cane 1st week of August and are planning mornings in DL, back to hotel for afternoon and maybe back to DL for pm fireworks etc. I know it will be busy, but I'm wondering if we should just skip it. Thanks!
Gret

Wait times for Splash, Space Mountain 1 1/2 hours. I consider that crowded.

grandfl01a.gif

Sounds like a great Disney trip was had by all. Thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts