Military Discounted Tickets...

Thanks for posting. I think the 6 day is new this year.
Yes, it is new for 2020. Went last year with some military folks, and they only had 4 and 5 day hoppers and plus. They are going again with me in June, and I just sent them the link so they could order 6 day hoppers in January at Randolph AFB so we can get the tickets in and linked to their accounts in plenty of time to make FP+. You you need to order military tickets from your local base, be aware it can take up to 8 weeks, though it is usually less.

Yes, I've ordered them every year. It usually only take about 10 days, but they do say it can take as long as 8 weeks. The max you can purchase is 6, but I've been told you can request a couple more with proof of family size.

Dose this discount include disabled vets?
Here's what the Disney website says, since I'm not military myself, I don't know what category Disabled Vets may fall into. If they are considered "retired" military, then I would assume so, but again, I'm not military, so not 100% sure. I'd ask at your nearest base.

"Eligible Service Members" are active or retired U.S. military personnel (including active or retired members of the National Guard, Reservists, the U.S. Coast Guard, the Commissioned Corps of the Public Health Service (PHS), and the Commissioned Corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). Valid military identification required for purchase. Spouses of Military Service Members and PHS and NOAA Commissioned Corps members also qualify if they are able to present valid and active U.S. Military IDs in the absence of active or retired Military Personnel or Commissioned Corps members.

Here's a link to the details page: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/military-multi-day-tickets-2020/details/

Thank you so much for posting!! I’ve been eagerly waiting for this to come out, DH is retired USCG. You can also order the tickets directly from Shades of Green if you are staying onsite. We do this every year to get ours and they mail them to you activated. You do have to be prepared to have to show an ID at the gate but so far we have not had to do that. Shades will charge you a $10 fee to fedex the tickets to you and someone does have to sign for them. The email address for the ticket office is on the shades of green website. They will email you a form for all the information they need and the military person or spouse has to be the one paying (their name has to be on the credit card ).

Here's what the Disney website says, since I'm not military myself, I don't know what category Disabled Vets may fall into. If they are considered "retired" military, then I would assume so, but again, I'm not military, so not 100% sure. I'd ask at your nearest base.

"Eligible Service Members" are active or retired U.S. military personnel (including active or retired members of the National Guard, Reservists, the U.S. Coast Guard, the Commissioned Corps of the Public Health Service (PHS), and the Commissioned Corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). Valid military identification required for purchase. Spouses of Military Service Members and PHS and NOAA Commissioned Corps members also qualify if they are able to present valid and active U.S. Military IDs in the absence of active or retired Military Personnel or Commissioned Corps members.

Here's a link to the details page: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/military-multi-day-tickets-2020/details/

Thanks, I did previously checkout what is above, it doesn't say anything about disabled vets so I guess they are not included.

I will ask a rookie question: can you buy a 6 day and a 4 day per military member or is it just one set of tickets?

I will ask a rookie question: can you buy a 6 day and a 4 day per military member or is it just one set of tickets?
You can buy a total of 6 tickets per military member but you can break that up any way you want with the exception that one ticket has to be for the military member. In my case, my husband is the only military member so he can only buy 6 tickets and 1 has to be for him. My son is joining the army so he will get his own set of 6 tickets and one has to be for him. Both of them can use the other 5 tickets however they would like. This means they could buy themselves a 4 and a 6 day ticket if they would like or they could each buy them for me : ) which is the option I like much better lol. I hope this helps!

Thank you for clarifying for me. So my family of 4 is covered for a trip and a half. That is way better than the gold pass for two trips a year.

Yes, above post is correct. My husband is a 100% service connected disabled vet, and qualified. And that's the key. Must be a 100% service connected disability to qualify. He ordered our tickets directly from Shades of Green instead of using our local base. It was our understanding that Shades of Green tickets are already activated, whereas those purchased on base are not. And since we are Passholders as well, we were told one of the ordered tickets did not have to be used by us. This was the only exception.

Thanks so much for this information, my husband is also 100% service connected disabled vet. I wasn't aware he was eligible for the discount. I have already paid for annual passes for both of us for out next couple of trips but going forward this could be useful.

Hi question about these passes. If we go to our local base and purchase vouchers (I'm guessing that's what they call them?) can we still get fast passes without these passes being activated? I'm guessing there will be some kind of number or code I would enter into MDE to link the passes to members of party so we can request fast passes. Am I correct in my thinking? Thanks in advance for your answers. :flower1:

Hi question about these passes. If we go to our local base and purchase vouchers (I'm guessing that's what they call them?) can we still get fast passes without these passes being activated? I'm guessing there will be some kind of number or code I would enter into MDE to link the passes to members of party so we can request fast passes. Am I correct in my thinking? Thanks in advance for your answers. :flower1:

Yes you can link the vouchers and get the fast passes, you just have to have them activated at the ticket counter before you enter the park. The military member or spouse has to be there with their military ID to activate them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter