Military Salute 2020

BabyFu18

DIS Veteran
We are so thankful for the military offers, they are truly great and I’m so glad they are back for 2020!

Anyone book for 2020 yet with the military salute discount? I called this morning within an hour of seeing the release statement for the discount and was told there wasn’t a lot available at the resort I wanted (YC), that’s probably because we need an accessible room and those are few and far between. Anyhow, the cast member I was speaking with did manage to get me 2 rooms (1 accessible) at the Yacht Club for July so my family is excited. Anyone else book with the military offer for 2020 and if so when/where?

We’re currently booked at Shades for Sept 2020 but might consider Caribbean beach or All Star Movies if the price and availability are similar. It feels dumb to walk away from the space and location of SoG... but I really want to have a dining plan and giant ridiculous theming. I just do.

We’re currently booked at Shades for Sept 2020 but might consider Caribbean beach or All Star Movies if the price and availability are similar. It feels dumb to walk away from the space and location of SoG... but I really want to have a dining plan and giant ridiculous theming. I just do.

Shades of Green is nice, we’ve stayed there before but I do love the Disney resorts as well, the immersion in the magic really gets me. Both are great though and either way you can’t go wrong!

Anyone book for 2020 yet with the military salute discount? I called this morning within an hour of seeing the release statement for the discount and was told there wasn’t a lot available at the resort I wanted (YC), that’s probably because we need an accessible room and those are few and far between. Anyhow, the cast member I was speaking with did manage to get me 2 rooms (1 accessible) at the Yacht Club for July so my family is excited. Anyone else book with the military offer for 2020 and if so when/where?
No, I was waiting to see what the offer would state. The dates were what I predicted though, along with the blockout dates. We are going with Shades of Green. I just can't beat that price for the location and room size, and Disney theming isn't a concern to us. I had them booked anyway, I figured the rooms would go earlier this year, and they did. I was ready to shift just in case and do a split stay, if there was a good discount offer that would post. I know there are those that are not fans of SOG, but we love it. I wanted to split stay at Swan or BC/YC, but now just not doing it this time to allocate money to other travel going on next year. I'm happy to see the option of six day park hopper tickets, that changed our plans a bit and we'll go with those tickets.

If I end up making it out to DL later next year also, I may be interested in the DL Resort military discounts. But, likely won't do it, because there are so many hotels on Harbor Blvd/Katella I'd probably be fine to go with. Three day military promotional tickets will be for that. This trip is up in the air yet for my other party, so, not deciding or looking into anything for that until March next year.

We booked with the military discount last night. Didn't take long at all. We will be staying at the Fort Wilderness Cabins in August 2020 and saved $795 with the discount. We go to Disney every other year but for the past 9 years we've gone in February or October so going in the summer again after such a long time is going to be a shock. We are from Georgia and used to the heat but being at a park in the heat is something we haven't done in a while but we are excited and can't wait to be at Disney again. We are very thankful that Disney continues to do the military discounts.

I have two sons on active duty, and was able to book four rooms at GF yesterday with dining plan for a terrific price. The CM in the call center was just wonderful, as it took us nearly an hour to get thru all the details and make sure we got everything done (it requires four separate reservations...tho I was easily able to link everything to my MDE account). One of the boys will get the park tix on post.

The discount is great, but it's still going to require two or three more mortgages. YOLO, right?!!

What my family finds very frustrating and it really needs to be changed to honor everyone...is that it's only for Retired and Active. What about all of the other Veterans who fought so hard for our country? My husband was Air Force and cannot take advantage of these offers.

Maybe someday, Disney will open it up to everyone.

In the meantime, thank you to everyone who is serving or has in the past.

What my family finds very frustrating and it really needs to be changed to honor everyone...is that it's only for Retired and Active. What about all of the other Veterans who fought so hard for our country? My husband was Air Force and cannot take advantage of these offers.

Shades of Green does have a couple of months each year when they open reservations up to all honorable discharged veterans. Details on their website, plus they had signs up at the resort. Hopefully your family can take advantage of their offers.

January and September are open to all veterans.

I’m staying this January and bringing a friend.

I don’t have a problem with them limiting it to active and retired military and a few others (DOD, service connected disabled veterans). I only did my tour and got out, so I appreciate that they even give us those months to book. Most other military resorts do not.

January and September are open to all veterans.

I’m staying this January and bringing a friend.

I don’t have a problem with them limiting it to active and retired military and a few others (DOD, service connected disabled veterans). I only did my tour and got out, so I appreciate that they even give us those months to book. Most other military resorts do not.
Where did you see that all Veterans can stay for a discount January and September. I can't find it.

Where did you see that all Veterans can stay for a discount January and September. I can't find it.

It’s not at a discount- it’s the highest level of their pricing schedule- but it’s the only time regular veterans can book it and the highest price at this time is $164.

Same! Our next trip is planned for January 2021. Havent booked anything yet but its time for me to start thinking about it. Our last trip was Sept 2019, we were going to stay at Beach Club but changed last minute to SOG for the reasons you mentioned- the space in the Shades rooms is the best. And the location, and it just feels like "home" to us... but I think we are ready to try something new.
What did you end up deciding on?

I think for budget reasons we’re going to stick with SoG and try to make the most of the location benefits. I ran the numbers for how much magical extras we can do with the savings and decided this allows us to do BBB and maybe a toy story EMM if they offer it. And my brother and step dad will probably really benefit from having a quiet escape from over the top theming so it’s a good compromise... this time 😆

Thanks for Military Salute at SOG and on Disney Property.
Are the Disney availabilty for specific time frames or year round based on availabilty?

I'm very thankful for the Military Salute ticket offers. I travel to FL for work at Cape Canaveral about 4 times a year, and I'll usually take the first flight down on my travel day and spend the day at Disney World. On other days if my meetings get done early I might go to a Disney park or Disney Springs for the late afternoon & evening. My flight, rental car, and lodging are covered by work, plus a per-diem for meals, so I get to spend a day at the parks for just the price of the salute ticket, plus parking. I just bought my 2020 5-day park hopper ticket in preparation for a trip at the end of Feb.

When I've gone to WDW with my family, we have usually stayed at SoG. It is a very nice resort and the location is great with a short walk to the Poly monorail or the transportation center. We have an RV and have also stayed at Fort Wilderness, which we loved.

We have used Military Salute tickets for years both at Disneyland and WDW. Thanks to Disney for offering these!! We will be staying at Ft Wilderness Campground in our 5th wheel in July!! Good thing it has AC :sunny::scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!