Military Salute for 2 Trips in 1 Year

caylene44

Aspiring Disney Travel Planner
Hi, all! It's been a while since I've posted on the boards. I've searched the boards/Google for an answer to this question to no avail.

We are planning two trips for 2019 for our family of 6. One in January and one in September. I know that you can only get 6 military salute tickets per year.

My question is could we purchase our military salute for the January trip in December and then buy an additional 6 before our trip in September? Basically, we would buy 6 before 2018 ends and the other 6 in 2019 but use them all in 2019. Hoping someone else has done this successfully before!

I am certain you may only use 6 salute tickets per promotion. Even if you bought them in 2018, they would still be part of the 2019 promotion, as the 2018 salute tickets expire in late December.

While I am always grateful for the military salute discounts, it worked better for our family when the new deal started each Oct. It allowed us to take two trips within the same year with the discount. We are from Louisiana so we often did a Mardi Gras trip in Feb\March and then a Thanksgiving or Christmas trip in the same year. That's no longer possible with the start of each promotion now in Jan.

Hi, all! It's been a while since I've posted on the boards. I've searched the boards/Google for an answer to this question to no avail.

We are planning two trips for 2019 for our family of 6. One in January and one in September. I know that you can only get 6 military salute tickets per year.

My question is could we purchase our military salute for the January trip in December and then buy an additional 6 before our trip in September? Basically, we would buy 6 before 2018 ends and the other 6 in 2019 but use them all in 2019. Hoping someone else has done this successfully before!

The best source I've found for all things related to Military discounts and Disney is-

http://www.militarydisneytips.com

could we purchase our military salute for the January trip in December and then buy an additional 6 before our trip in September?

Nope.
It is not based on when you buy the tickets.
It is based on when you use the tickets.
Sorry.

I had a chance to buy military tickets this year.
But, it was less expensive to buy discounted tickets from an authorized ticket seller
(like UndercoverTourist.com or Parksavers.com or many of the others.)

Since you want so many days at WDW this year, buying a regular ticket from a discounter and then upgrading to a WDW Annual Pass might be a better deal, all around.

Thanks, all! That answers my question. I will definitely start doing some math on APs versus authorized ticket seller :)

I had a chance to buy military tickets this year.
But, it was less expensive to buy discounted tickets from an authorized ticket seller
(like UndercoverTourist.com or Parksavers.com or many of the others.)

Robo, I am curious. Are you saying it was less expensive to buy the same ticket from one of the authorized ticket sellers?

For instance, was a 4 day hopper cheaper through a ticket seller than a 4 day hopper from a military base? Or was it less expensive because you needed more days than the military salute offered and it was cheaper to purchase from an authorized ticket seller than to purchase two sets of salute tickets?

The big difference buying tickets through military is there is no tax. Salute tickets are a different story though. They are much cheaper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter