Military tickets

Keep in mind the only military tickets that can be bough at the ticket booth are the 3/4 day military salute tickets, and those are subject to availability

I would love to hear a report. I was told that the reason you buy the military tickets at itt, is so you do not pay taxes at the booth.

If you’re staying on property, you can also buy the Military Salute tickets at check-in. That’s what we’ve done for the last few years, and we’re doing it again in a few weeks. We haven’t had taxes added to the tickets, just the room...

I would love to hear a report. I was told that the reason you buy the military tickets at itt, is so you do not pay taxes at the booth.
I've bought at our not-so-local MWR two or times. It's 4 hours away, but the nearest one and we have not paid tax. I've bought them through MWR once or twice via a phone call and had them mailed. No tax, but there was a charge to mail them ($12? 15?). And then I've bought them at the ticket windows at the parks countless times over the last 5 years. Like probably 2-3 times a year for the last 5 years. No tax. They say you need to live 50 miles away from a base to buy at the ticket booth, and once they told me I needed to go to a local base to buy them in the morning (got a higher CM to educate that one).

Disney has a deal with California for a tax break on tickets.

***These were for the Military Salute tickets.

This is the first I have heard you can buy Military Salute Tickets at the ticket booths. I have only purchased at ITT (over the phone with a $20 charge) and they claim you can only purchase 6 per year, yet zbh275 states you have bought 2-3 times a year. Please let me know how this works. It would be magical to be able to go more than once a year for 6 people (we always need 8 or 9).

This is the first I have heard you can buy Military Salute Tickets at the ticket booths. I have only purchased at ITT (over the phone with a $20 charge) and they claim you can only purchase 6 per year, yet zbh275 states you have bought 2-3 times a year. Please let me know how this works. It would be magical to be able to go more than once a year for 6 people (we always need 8 or 9).

My understanding is 6 per service member per year, but you can buy 6 for WDW and 6 for DLR. Only exception that I know of is if service member’s immediate family (not parents, in laws etc) is larger than 6.

OP may have only bought 2 at a time, but more than once per year, to make 6 total?

I buy my tickets 2-3 times a year at the ticket booth :) However, I never exceed the 6 tickets a year, because 1 trip is 3 people and the other 1-2 trips I'm by myself.

To exceed the 6 in a year rule, you generally must have more than 6 people in your immediate family.

My understanding is 6 per service member per year, but you can buy 6 for WDW and 6 for DLR. Only exception that I know of is if service member’s immediate family (not parents, in laws etc) is larger than 6.

Yes, and for "others" like parents, in-laws, you can get a discounted length of stay ticket at WDW. It's a lot more, but still cheaper than buying regular park hoppers from Disney.

Good to know. But you CAN buy them at the Ticket Booths? I was told you HAD to buy them at MWR/ITT.

Good to know. But you CAN buy them at the Ticket Booths? I was told you HAD to buy them at MWR/ITT.

You have always been able to buy them at the ticket booths (JUST the Armed Forces salute tix). At WDW, they DO charge tax at the Disney ticket booths, so those we always buy from Shades of Green in advance. At DL, it costs $1 more per ticket to buy at DL booth vs ITT. Not worth the hassle when you don't live near a base.

We have the armed forces salute tickets that were bought on base. I was wondering if we have to go to the ticket booth first to activate them or if we can take them directly to the turnstiles. Thanks.

We have the armed forces salute tickets that were bought on base. I was wondering if we have to go to the ticket booth first to activate them or if we can take them directly to the turnstiles. Thanks.

Is it a voucher or an actual ticket?

Usually these can go directly to the gate and they just scan them in and give you the paper tickets. You will need the person with the military ID there when you all go through the first time. This is a different process than the one at WDW, where you have to go to the ticket booths and have the person with Military ID with you on first use.

As I recall, you should be able to scan the military salute tickets into the app if they have the bar codes.

I'm coming in late to this, but in case it's of any help... I was at Disneyland mid-September, I bought the 2019 Military Promotional Tickets at the gate. I could have bought them on post where I live in Maryland, but it wasn't necessary. No questions, I just showed my retired military ID and bought tickets for myself, my daughter, and my mom (who lives with me).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!