Military vs AP discounts

lynnzrae

Mouseketeer
PLEASE REMOVE, ACCIDENTALLY POSTED IN TRIP REPORTS INSTEAD OF BUDGET AND I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO DELETE IT. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.

Good Afternoon Everyone,

For those that are familiar/experience with both AP and military discounts...has someone ever found that they couldn't get a room with the military discount but was able to do so with the AP?

Long story short...we are going to the World this September and again in 2019 so I am considering upgrading our existing military salute tickets to APs this trip. Right now based on the information I have, it is pretty close in cost (estimated) for doing military discounted room and tickets vs military discounted room and AP so I am trying to decide what other big perks would the AP provide to make the decision a little more clear. We normally do the deluxe dining plan so the additional dining discount would likely be nominal if anything for us and we normally fly vs drive so will likely not use the parking pass.

I know the BB would be another option for us but in doing the numbers the military or AP room only discounts are likely to far surpass the BB discounts so we likely won't go that route anyway.

Thank you all for your help.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!