Milkshakes at WCC

DisneyStarWisher

Love My DVC!!!
So we really want to eat at WCC, but mainly for the atmosphere since we will be staying at BRV this trip. I'm also worried about them changing it before we return (like they did Artist Point). WCC is kind of a tradition. We always get the skillet, but we have become kind of burnt out on bbq/pulled pork. How is the turkey sandwich? We are thinking of maybe splitting it and then doing the all-you-care-to-enjoy milkshakes. We haven't done the milkshakes in a long time, and that sounds good to me. Would it be frowned upon if we just did the milkshakes?

So we really want to eat at WCC, but mainly for the atmosphere since we will be staying at BRV this trip. I'm also worried about them changing it before we return (like they did Artist Point). WCC is kind of a tradition. We always get the skillet, but we have become kind of burnt out on bbq/pulled pork. How is the turkey sandwich? We are thinking of maybe splitting it and then doing the all-you-care-to-enjoy milkshakes. We haven't done the milkshakes in a long time, and that sounds good to me. Would it be frowned upon if we just did the milkshakes?
Many here will tell you you are free to order whatever you want in a restaurant. And that is absolutely true. You can order as much or as little as you want.
But think about it this way. How would you feel if you, or maybe one of y our children, was a server at a Table Service restaurant where patrons eat full meals. How would you feel if someone made an ADR and sat at your/their table and ordered a non alcoholic milk shake and nothing else?
Just my thought.

I don't eat a whole lot anymore and often split with my son, but when I do I tip as though we ordered two entrees. This removes any guilt from me about stiffing the server.

I think if your split a turkey sandwich, get two milkshakes you're at $33. Another $15 entree would bring you up to nearly $50. If you do a $10 tip I would not feel badly at all about doing this. Even just the cost of the two milkshakes is the equivalent of another entree at that time of day so I might not worry about it. Depends on the server I'd tip anywhere from $7-10 and not feel guilty. I always feel like an extra $3-5 is really NOTHING to me in the scheme of my vacation but for a server it says "I really appreciate what you do to make my vacation special."

Also the turkey sandwich is only at lunch so you are not going to be taking a table away from someone with a full meal order that time of day... I think lunch is pretty quiet. I say go for it and just tip a few $$ extra.

I wouldn't hesitate one minute to just order the milkshakes. I can't worry about the fact that the server might not like it. Order what you want, tip appropriately. Some people order more, some order less.

Many here will tell you you are free to order whatever you want in a restaurant. And that is absolutely true. You can order as much or as little as you want.
But think about it this way. How would you feel if you, or maybe one of y our children, was a server at a Table Service restaurant where patrons eat full meals. How would you feel if someone made an ADR and sat at your/their table and ordered a non alcoholic milk shake and nothing else?
Just my thought.

I would feel like it's their ADR and their vacation and they're free to eat whatever they want.

We ended up ordering the nachos, the bison burger, and the milkshakes. More than enough. Liked the nachos and the milkshakes. DH did not like the bison burger.

Just my thought.

Since you asked, I would feel proud! Proud because I know that my son was raised to understand that as a server, his job is to serve the needs of the customer, to serve the table with a smile, bring them refills, clean up after them and make sure that they had a pleasurable experience dining in his restaurant. I would be proud knowing that he would do his best and take pride in his work. I would be proud knowing that if he receives a tip for his service, he would be grateful. Proud that he was raised to put forth that effort in everything he does. Proud that his effort and ethics will propel him into a successful life.

I see PP is back and ordered food in addition to the shakes, but my initial thought is that WCC's milkshakes are not good enough to warrant going there *just* for milkshakes alone. They are the thick kind out of a machine, akin to McDonald's shakes, and flavoring is added to a vanilla shake if you want one of the flavored kinds. These aren't handmade shakes like at Beaches & Cream or Ghiradelli, which I can understand going out of your way for.

Since you asked, I would feel proud! Proud because I know that my son was raised to understand that as a server, his job is to serve the needs of the customer, to serve the table with a smile, bring them refills, clean up after them and make sure that they had a pleasurable experience dining in his restaurant. I would be proud knowing that he would do his best and take pride in his work. I would be proud knowing that if he receives a tip for his service, he would be grateful. Proud that he was raised to put forth that effort in everything he does. Proud that his effort and ethics will propel him into a successful life.

I don't think PP was insinuating anything to the contrary. I think PP meant that the server would make much less money on a table that just ordered milkshakes than one who ordered entrees. After all, the servers are there to make a living and not to just service Disney guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter