Millenium Falcon ride layout with capacity?

hertamaniac

DIS Veteran
Looks like 7 virtual falcon cockpits per turntable, 4 turntables at the attraction. Artwork apparently shows 6 guests per cockpit. If my math is correct, 168 riders.

Just a quick question how are you getting the 7 cockpits. The rest is correct.

Last edited:
It was covered in today's DSNY newscast based on an image from bioreconstruct

Wouldn't say that makes it rock solid at this point

Also indicated that the loading setup would make it so you couldn't see any of the people getting into any of the other capsules

It was covered in today's DSNY newscast based on an image from bioreconstruct

Wouldn't say that makes it rock solid at this point

Also indicated that the loading setup would make it so you couldn't see any of the people getting into any of the other capsules

Kinda like Mission: Space?

Sorry if it's mentioned, I haven't watched the video yet.

Kinda like Mission: Space?

Sorry if it's mentioned, I haven't watched the video yet.
The ride itself won't be like M:S though. The turntables in the falcon are for the loading and unloading. M:S has the circular centrifuges to create G-forces.

Can you explain how it's different? I don't quite understand

I am sure @rteetz knows better than my but my understanding is the MF ride will be more like a motion simulator (so like Star Tours, Flight of Passage, etc.) - except you are in your self contained cockpit with the screens all around you - so, yes, like Mission Space you are with a small group in an enclosed space, but it will feel a lot different and the motion will be by moving the capsule insync with what is projected on the screens

Mission Space, in contrast, rotates the capsules very fast to create the G-force feeling - that will not happen on MF. They are only set up in that circular configuration for the loading/unloading process - so you load into your capsule and during the ride it will make it's way around the circle while they load/unload the others (so sort of like a ferris wheel)

I am sure @rteetz knows better than my but my understanding is the MF ride will be more like a motion simulator (so like Star Tours, Flight of Passage, etc.) - except you are in your self contained cockpit with the screens all around you - so, yes, like Mission Space you are with a small group in an enclosed space, but it will feel a lot different and the motion will be by moving the capsule insync with what is projected on the screens

Mission Space, in contrast, rotates the capsules very fast to create the G-force feeling - that will not happen on MF. They are only set up in that circular configuration for the loading/unloading process - so you load into your capsule and during the ride it will make it's way around the circle while they load/unload the others (so sort of like a ferris wheel)

If true...then that's actually nothing like mission space...

Mission space spins at high velocity on gyros to simulate gravitational forces.

If true...then that's actually nothing like mission space...

Mission space spins at high velocity on gyros to simulate gravitational forces.

Which is what I think I tried to say - that as a ride and the mechanics of the ride won't be anything like MS - only that you are in a relatively small group of people sitting in a "capsule"

I think if they made it like MS there would be an uproar and someone might get kilt! lol

I should have put a star or something by the word "kilt" so I don't go down in history for being an idiot. :yo-yo:

I love it...puns are pfunny :ssst:

especially Disney puns!

47361150bhagi.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!