Milwaukee Marathon (1 mile, 5k, 10k, HM or M) DIS Meet Race - Oct 14th and 15th 2017

I did the BTN Big10K last year! But even though I'm a Wisconsinite, I was repping Michigan. My Dad is a UM Law School grad, so I was raised to root for the Wolverines. Go Blue! I would love to go back for the event again someday, but not sure this year will be when. I'm not one to drive in the morning of for races, so coming from Milwaukee it would require a hotel stay. This year may not be the best time. But it was fun and I think anyone who does it would enjoy it!

MRF is now the Milwaukee Marathon, will have a new course that isn't announced yet, and it's under new ownership. I'm not a huge fan of the name change. I feel like it's confusing if you run any distance other than the marathon. Is that just me? I liked the November date from before too.

MRF is now the Milwaukee Marathon, will have a new course that isn't announced yet, and it's under new ownership. I'm not a huge fan of the name change. I feel like it's confusing if you run any distance other than the marathon. Is that just me? I liked the November date from before too.

I agree! I liked MKE Running Festival. It was . . . festive! And I agree - it was nice when the name included all the distances, not just the marathon. I'm also not a fan of the big block logo or the proposed shirt designs - don't like black shirts and it looks like someone threw up on the side of the blue one. I really loved the shirts from the past two years - wear them all the time. November date is usually best for me, too. But I appreciate the October date for just this year - oldest son has college auditions this fall and we're traveling all over the place in November.

Last edited:
I agree! I liked MKE Running Festival. It was . . . festive! And I agree - it was nice when the name included all the distances, not just the marathon. I'm also not a fan of the big block logo or the proposed shirt designs - don't like black shirts and it look like someone threw up on the side of the blue one. I really loved the shirts from the past two years - wear them all the time. November date is usually best for me, too. But I appreciate the October date for just this year - oldest son has college auditions this fall and we're traveling all over the place in November.

That is it!!! That is why it was bothering me! I was having a hard time putting my finger on it, but you're right. It doesn't feel as inclusive or festive. It was like a celebration of all runners of all levels. I hope it doesn't lose that spirit anyway.

I'm not in love with either shirt, but I'd wear them. I like the black one better. I agree the design on the blue one reads a little strangely, especially from a distance. Maybe they'd look better in person?

I liked the variety of gear for purchase available in past years. I wonder if Brew City will still do other items. Although I probably don't need any more running stuff tempting me. The running section of the wardrobe has gotten a little out of control. Hehehehe

It's a little odd b/c the old site is still active. If you click on the upper-left corner it takes you to the new site.

There are DEEP discounts on the old MRF Branded Stuff though if you want to snag something for nostalgia... http://www.brewcityonline.com/10101/dept?page=2

Already have the magnet on my fridge . . . have 2 shirts and socks in my cart right now. Seriously considering the purchase, but you're right - I probably already have too much running stuff.

Okay did some background. The owner of the Rock Sports Complex and The Milwaukee Wave Soccer team is now running this. I actually know him personally but didn't realize they took this over.

http://www.runmilwaukeemarathon.com

http://www.bizjournals.com/milwauke...an-takes-over-milwaukee-running-festival.html

If you have his ear, make sure he knows everyone wants more bathrooms @ the start. : )

Already have the magnet on my fridge . . . have 2 shirts and socks in my cart right now. Seriously considering the purchase, but you're right - I probably already have too much running stuff.

Ha! Same! The water bottle and sweatshirt are calling me too.

I agree! I liked MKE Running Festival. It was . . . festive! And I agree - it was nice when the name included all the distances, not just the marathon. I'm also not a fan of the big block logo or the proposed shirt designs - don't like black shirts and it looks like someone threw up on the side of the blue one. I really loved the shirts from the past two years - wear them all the time. November date is usually best for me, too. But I appreciate the October date for just this year - oldest son has college auditions this fall and we're traveling all over the place in November.
I hadn't thought about the name change that way, but you are totally right. It is kind of lessening the other distances by referring to it as just the Marathon. And I'm not a fan of the shirt designs either. I didn't do the event the first two years, but I've seen pictures of the shirts on Instagram/social media and I l really liked them, especially the first year's. And I liked that they were long sleeves, but this one looks like it will be short. :(

Everyone vote for the black shirt!!!
Already done! I like the color of the blue shirt, but the design is awful and looks like a streak of mud or dirt. The black/grey color isn't the greatest, but the design is better.

Last edited:
If you have his ear, make sure he knows everyone wants more bathrooms @ the start. : )

Ha! Same! The water bottle and sweatshirt are calling me too.

I didn't purchase because shipping was $9.50. Boo! Agree regarding bathrooms at the start, although I've given up on bathrooms at the start of all downtown MKE races. I assume I will be out of luck.

I hadn't thought about the name change that way, but you are totally right. It is kind of lessening the other distances by referring to it as just the Marathon. And I'm not a fan of the shirt designs either. I didn't do the event the first two years, but I've seen pictures of the shirts on Instagram/social media and I l really lied them, especially the first year's. And I liked that they were long sleeves, but this one looks like it will be short. :(

Already done! I like the color of the blue shirt, but the design is awful and looks like a streak of mud or dirt. The black/grey color isn't the greatest, but the design is better.

Yes! I'd prefer the blue color without the streak of mud/dirt/etc graphic!

I just got an email that the Cream Puff 5K is back at our state fair grounds. I forget the price but it was under $30 I believe and you get free beer or water after the race as well as the best cream puff you'll ever eat which is the size of your face.

OK! Registered for the 10k. I used my macmillan calculator to get 57:46 as my estimated finish time. So I guess anyone who wants to come hang with me is welcome (and by "hang" I mean "push me")

I got a 5% referral code, but I doubt that's ok to post here. So just PM me if you want it. Ryan go ahead and let me know if I should delete this post.

I got a 5% referral code, but I doubt that's ok to post here. So just PM me if you want it. Ryan go ahead and let me know if I should delete this post.
I think you are good as long as you don't promote it on here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter