Milwaukee Marathon (1 mile, 5k, 10k, HM or M) DIS Meet Race - Oct 14th and 15th 2017

Finisher shirt was unveiled on Facebook. It's a video so can't really post that here.

Oh, I like that! Would look really cool with my new black reflective skirt I just bought. Looking at it makes me feel really warm right now though (ugh summer), but will be perfect for fall!

So is that shirt the participant shirt or something separate? I like it but it seems kind of weird if it's the participant shirt for everyone since it says Marathon and then Finisher on it. :confused3

So is that shirt the participant shirt or something separate? I like it but it seems kind of weird if it's the participant shirt for everyone since it says Marathon and then Finisher on it. :confused3

Agree... I just posed the question on their Facebook page. We'll see if they reply.

I really think they should have kept the Milwaukee Running Festival title, so these issues wouldn't exist.

Last edited:

Here are the shirts. I like that the women's cut has a V-neck and I like the thumb holes.
Unfortunately I'll have to shout loudly at anyone I walk or run by while wearing it "I RAN THE 10K...I KNOW IT SAYS MARATHON...10K!!!" That or this will be a great "layering" shirt under my run jackets.
CLtNReDu9S121WRB6yrsR2yuDy3ErGDPFeaykf-Xn_KUCZh_vpyQvUM8rV0-k4F1h8PHbgOZDCPu5ISLO3esd1Z55t7vkndCJTKzxbhBbAaKQIqnNEGhN2kUTbnNXS48v8a5wObVio9xnc3zXQp31oHw-0NcvsUhHbKk8mw=s0-d-e1-ft

Here are the shirts. I like that the women's cut has a V-neck and I like the thumb holes.
Unfortunately I'll have to shout loudly at anyone I walk or run by while wearing it "I RAN THE 10K...I KNOW IT SAYS MARATHON...10K!!!" That or this will be a great "layering" shirt under my run jackets.
CLtNReDu9S121WRB6yrsR2yuDy3ErGDPFeaykf-Xn_KUCZh_vpyQvUM8rV0-k4F1h8PHbgOZDCPu5ISLO3esd1Z55t7vkndCJTKzxbhBbAaKQIqnNEGhN2kUTbnNXS48v8a5wObVio9xnc3zXQp31oHw-0NcvsUhHbKk8mw=s0-d-e1-ft
I do like the shirt as well but it is false advertising. I got a response from them on Instagram and they told me it's a conversation starter. Haha.

I'm not loving this shirt. There is a whole lot going on there, and I'm running the half, so not crazy about a shirt that says "marathon." And that's a whole lot of stuff on the back. Still missing the Milwaukee Running Festival name!

Start times have been moved:

Saturday, October 14th - The Harley Davidson Museum
  • 1 Mile Run/Walk: 9:30 a.m.
  • Packet Pickup at the Health & Fitness Expo: 10:00 am – 5:00 p.m.
Sunday, October 15th – The Reed Street Yards
  • Marathon: 6:30 a.m.
  • Half Marathon: 6:30 a.m.
  • 10k: 7:00 a.m.
  • 5k: 7:00 a.m.
IMPORTANT: For 2017, the Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K and 5K times were adjusted to start earlier in order to allow road closures and insure minimal traffic disruption for Milwaukee business owners, residents, race participants, and Spectathletes. Thank you for your patience and understanding, and thank you to the City of Milwaukee for allowing us to run through the amazing Milwaukee neighborhoods.

Well, I'm officially in for the half! Just finished registering. :cool2:

I can't believe the race starts at 6:30. Between that and it being mid-October, the chances of the weather being cooler and less humid than every other half I've done should be good. :laughing: I'm anxious to see how I perform in the distance when weather conditions are more favorable.

6 weeks away now.

@DopeyBadger, follow-up question regarding Lakefront. I would definitely not ask my husband to pass something to me on the course if that's not consistent with the rules! So wondering if you recall anything on the course other than the goo/gels that they hand out. For some races I've done, they will announce the minimum but then have other stuff at the tables (like pretzels or random candy.) My husband suggested that he just bring a ton of bananas to a spot I will run past and then hand them out to whomever takes them for as long as they last. I'm not sure if that's OK, based on the info you provided earlier.

@DopeyBadger, follow-up question regarding Lakefront. I would definitely not ask my husband to pass something to me on the course if that's not consistent with the rules! So wondering if you recall anything on the course other than the goo/gels that they hand out. For some races I've done, they will announce the minimum but then have other stuff at the tables (like pretzels or random candy.) My husband suggested that he just bring a ton of bananas to a spot I will run past and then hand them out to whomever takes them for as long as they last. I'm not sure if that's OK, based on the info you provided earlier.

I don't remember anything but the standard at the actual aid stations. I do believe I've seen oranges, bananas, and water passed out by neighbors in an "aid" station. I highly doubt you would get DQ'd if he just passed to you, but it's not impossible. If he passed out a ton of them, then no question you'd be safe based on what I've seen before.

This is really helpful! I'm thinking @mateojr might really enjoy setting up a "banana stand" on the course! He asked about you the other day, and I told him he could say hi at the start of the race, but that you have big goals and will need to warm up and focus. :)

This is really helpful! I'm thinking @mateojr might really enjoy setting up a "banana stand" on the course! He asked about you the other day, and I told him he could say hi at the start of the race, but that you have big goals and will need to warm up and focus. :)

You'd have to make sure to let me know where the banana stand is so I could keep my eyes "peeled"! Of course he can say hi. No need to focus here, it's a long long race that requires attention when actually running. But before the race, no big deal to me. He can talk to me as long as he wants. I'll be near the start line at around T-15-20 minutes.

Just received this in an e-mail from Milwaukee Running Festival (or whatever it is now.) Ugh.

Are You Up to a Challenge?

Of course you are!

Accept the QDOBA BURRITO MILE CHALLENGE by entering promo code “QDOBA" on the Mile race registration page. You get a free burrito as fuel for the attempt, and finishers get a coupon for another free burrito at a less strenuous time.

It's this easy:

• Step 1: Eat a delicious burrito prior to the mile race
  • Step 2: Run the mile race
  • Step 3: Maintain composure throughout the mile race
  • Step 4: Receive a coupon for a free QDOBA Burrito upon completion

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts