• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mimi's 'Goulash'

MinnieMe2

DIS Veteran
I just decided to make my mother's goulash (or ghoul-ash, if it's Halloween) for dinner tonight and thought I'd share. The amounts are pretty much all 'to taste', but it's really easy...

Mimi's Goulash

1 Tbsp. butter or margarine
1 - 1 1/2 lbs. tender stewing beef
chopped garlic (we like a lot, but use whatever you like)
1 - 1 1/2 tsp. allspice (or more, if you like it)
1 can beef broth
2 cans crushed tomatoes (15 oz.)
2-3 bay leaves
3/4 c. red wine

Melt butter or margarine in large pot (believe it or not, I like to use my wok, which works very well for this). Add beef and brown. Add garlic and allspice and stir for one minute. Add tomatoes, beef broth, and bay leaves. (I like to let this all bubble gently for at least 45 minutes or longer, but sometimes I have to serve quicker and it's still okay.) Add wine and simmer for 15 minutes or so. Serve over noodles.

Ooh this sounds good! I haven't had goulash in so long. Years ago I used to go to a restaurant that had really good goulash, but the owners split up and sold the restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter