Mimosas, Mickey Ears and Magic! 17 Days of Disney Delights *Complete

After lunch I stopped and got dessert at one of the Festival of the Arts booths. I stopped at Deconstructed Dish for Deconstructed Strawberry Cheesecake. Whipped New York style cheesecake, fresh Florida strawberries, sugar cookies and micro basil.

Holy goodness this looks amazing!

Rob had no interest and said, "I just want a constructed piece of cheesecake." :rotfl2:

:rotfl:

When we were in The Land I did see the Rose Gold Cupcake when it first initially debuted here.

This is so adorable!!

After a super awesome and much needed nap we went out and caught the bus to DS as I did not feel like walking unnecessarily at this point. We were dropped off close to our intended destination. Blaze Pizza!

YUM! DH and I had Blaze Pizza last May in DS and really enjoyed it! Then we found out there is near in Boston (20 min from where we live!)

If they don't put on enough of one item you can ask for more. I now ask for more mozzarella every time. It's all one price no matter what you add. You can get it all if you want. You go through the line and add as you go.

Great tip!!

Everything is fast fired in 180 seconds, so it's up quick once you make it through the line.

OO I had no idea!

My pizzas tend to stick to a few primary ingredients with a few minor changes every time. Tonight I got extra mozzarella cheese, red peppers, black olives, pineapple, bacon and oregano with classic red sauce.

Again, this looks sooo good!

It was getting really warm out even though the weather said it was supposed to be really cold today, so I had to ditch the hoodie as we walked around WS. Next we stopped at Takumi Table in Japan for Masu Sake which came in personalized wooden cups.

Here they are writing out our names.

So cool! Do you know if the cups are only available during FOA? I've never seen them before!

All caught up! Happy to hear you're going to give Cape May Cafe a try again! I love that place, for dinner and for breakfast, but yes, it can be chaotic at times. I really don't notice it at all, maybe because we've been there so many times, so I know what to expect and how to work it. I loved your Disneyland reviews! I've never been, and would love to go one day. It was nice to see it through your eyes! We haven't done Blaze Pizza yet or Homecomin. Maybe on this upcoming trip. I was going to try to fit Frontera Cocina in, as we haven't been there yet either. So far out of all the new places, we've done D-Luxe Burger, which we loved, the Polite Pig, which we liked, BB Wolf's, which I really liked, and The Daily Poultine, which was eh, and I have no desire to try again.

Just read all the updates and I'm more excited than ever for our June trip. We are supposed to do DL and Aulani next June, and you're TR has me so excited, and convinced me I need a minimum of 3 days between DL and CA. DL Hotel is looking like top pick too! That Goofys kitchen service was a bummer :/ Loving all of your spirit jerseys too~!

I am caught up and am super hungry now after reading your latest reviews :rotfl2: I am so glad to see a picture of the curry from Rose and Crown as I have been looking at their menu and it looks like I should stick to Sanaa, which is the bomb!! Blaze Pizza looks so good, I have some locations in LA but have never tried it.

Just had a marathon reading session, love your report; and great to get both parks in the same trippie. Love seeing the different DS restaurants, I think we will try Homecomin when we go at Christmas if I can get a reservation. Also the first week we are there we are on the QSDP and I think Blaze pizza is on that. Not sure though? If not, we can try it one of the other weeks as I have read many great reviews.

Well, I think trying Blaze Pizza is a must on the next trip. Looks so good. Except Rob's -- ham on pizza?? :scared: Haha. Just kidding. Love that you can make your own. What else did I want to comment on... Totally agree bag check is getting insane in the parks. People are bringing all of their earthly belongings and ignoring the rules. I was behind a guy who had something that wasn't allowed, he was claiming ignorance, the guards had to call a supervisor and the whole thing was annoying and probably a ten minute delay. I did one day at the Arts festival and I'm so mad at myself that I didn't do the scavenger hunt to get the figment pin nor order the sake with personalized wooden cups... FAIL on my part! The burger at Rose & Crown looks pretty good!

:laughing: I get extra pineapple, so I don't judge the pizza toppings of others. Blaze is super amazing. If they ever open one near me I may as well add 10 more pounds to my waistline. For us to each get the pizza we want with all the toppings we want would easily cost us $40 or more at home, so this is seriously a bargain.

Seriously! I saw a family of four, that had 2 strollers, pull out at least 10 bags and like you said, I think it was everything they owned including a week's worth of food. It seriously seemed like they came straight to the park from the airport with their week's worth of vacation supplies and not one park day's worth of supplies. I also saw one girl pull three full bags of makeup out of her book bag. Like, seriously? I would be freaking out if I was behind someone who asked for a sup. I have no patience for that.

Darn! Too bad you missed out on the Figment pin and the cups from Japan. They are cool souvenirs to be sure. There's just not enough time to fit it all in though.

I'm sure I've said this before, but I am so in awe of your touring style. As strange as it sounds to see a movie and sit in bed and watch TV while eating glorious pizza on vacation (or even in real life) sounds blissful. We tend to be pretty laissez faire in general, but still get pulled into the disney rat race way to easy. Between slower park days and copious amounts of drinking and eating, I'd love to be along for just one day. Though Rob may wonder who the strange person eating his pizza and watching big bang theory with him may be :P

Thanks! We try to be chill and loose with our touring style. I think I would get pulled into the Disney rat race without Rob. He is just not down for that at all. :laughing:

:laughing: He's a good sport. As long as you don't puke in our room like our other friend I don't think he would question your presence. :rotfl2:

So next January, we're going to have to get a cupcake, see a movie or something together during Marathon Weekend. We're staying at AKL that trip in a 1 Bedroom - Value.

That Sake Box is awesome! I didn't know they did refills on it either. It's a unique souvenir too!

I started getting away without carrying the purse/bag as much with wearing something called Sparkle Skirts. They have 2 deep pockets under the skirt plus a zipper pocket at the top.

The bbq plate is droolworthy and to say its the best mac and cheese is making me hungry.

Yessssss!!!! That would be awesome!

I love AKL. I am dying to stay there again. I am thinking we may change our third week to a different resort and use some DVC points. We were going to save some for a change, but I really want to stay astroturfing AKL or Beach Club or Poly if there is availability come June when we can book.

The boxes are so cute. They are currently sitting on shelves in our living room.

I looked these shorts up online and I need to look into getting a pair. So convenient!

It is so good! I really do think it is the best mac and cheese I've ever had.

First off, love the Tea Cup booths...
Second, LOVED Raglan Road! I'm so happy we were finally able to get there...
Third, Blaze is on my list for our October trip...

So cute right! I need them in my living room!

Yay! Glad you enjoyed it as well.

Yes! Definitely give Blaze a try. As you will see, we ate there a lot this last trip.

Oh my goodness, so many updates.....where to start, where to start.....

OK, so Three Billboards - I really enjoyed it and liked it even better the second time I watched it. I still agree The Greatest Showman tops them all though, I am still listening to the music every single day.

Loved the bonus Vegas and Disneyland pics and reviews - brought back some great memories of both places.

Blaze pizza looks great, but I have a somewhat strange question - I don't like sauces really at all and at home here will only ever have cheese and other toppings on pizza, no sauce. It looks like they use sliced mozzarella there, though, not grated so would it be really weird to not have sauce on it? My daughter is desperate to try it when we go later this year.

I am so jealous you got the Holiday Passholder magnet, they were all out when we went just a week or so after you - I was bummed out!!!

Your next trip sounds absolutely fabulous - 23 days!!!! How awesome will that be? And once again we will miss each other as we will be there in August and November.

Hey Joh! Greatest Showman just came out on Blu-Ray and I can't believe I haven't bought it yet. I need to get with it. It's so good!

Thanks! We had such a blast on that trip. I can't wait to go back!

Not weird at all to go without sauce at Blaze. In fact, they have suggested pizza ideas that are sauceless. You can definitely make a pizza without sauce that you would love there and that way your daughter gets to try it too!

I have an extra one. Message me your address on FB and I would be happy to mail it to you!

Dang! Well, you never know. Maybe I'll somehow end up there in November. I am trying to somehow sneak another trip in there somewhere.

Great updates, we tried Blaze because of your reviews and loved it. Delicious pizza for a small price at Disney=awesome! I loved the scallops at Raglan Road as well, yummy!

Yay! So glad you enjoyed Blaze! The price really brings us back there. After spending $80-$150 per meal day after day it is nice to have a cheap option to rely on to bring our budget under control.

Those scallops are so yummy! I love the dipping sauces too. They compliment them so well.

Holy goodness this looks amazing!

:rotfl:

This is so adorable!!

YUM! DH and I had Blaze Pizza last May in DS and really enjoyed it! Then we found out there is near in Boston (20 min from where we live!)

Great tip!!

OO I had no idea!

Again, this looks sooo good!

So cool! Do you know if the cups are only available during FOA? I've never seen them before!

The cheesecake was so good! even if Rob wasn't feeling it. :laughing:

There are so many amazing cupcake options now. I can't wait to try some of them next time.

Glad you enjoyed Blaze as well! So jealous you have one so close to you. Hoping they open one near us as I know there are a few areas nearby that one of those would make a killing at. And definitely ask for more of whatever you want. I get more cheese and pineapple every time now.

Those cups were just during FOA. Hopefully they bring them back next year!

All caught up! Happy to hear you're going to give Cape May Cafe a try again! I love that place, for dinner and for breakfast, but yes, it can be chaotic at times. I really don't notice it at all, maybe because we've been there so many times, so I know what to expect and how to work it. I loved your Disneyland reviews! I've never been, and would love to go one day. It was nice to see it through your eyes! We haven't done Blaze Pizza yet or Homecomin. Maybe on this upcoming trip. I was going to try to fit Frontera Cocina in, as we haven't been there yet either. So far out of all the new places, we've done D-Luxe Burger, which we loved, the Polite Pig, which we liked, BB Wolf's, which I really liked, and The Daily Poultine, which was eh, and I have no desire to try again.

I agree, it may be different when I know what to expect next time. I am definitely down to go back, but the trick will be convincing Rob.

I hope you get to go to Disneyland one day! It was so much fun. It's so different. I really want to go back. I hadn't had a huge desire to go back after my trip 13 years ago, but now I really want to be back there soon.

I am really sad we didn't make it back to D-Luxe the past few trips. I loved it there! That is a must for next time. At first Polite Pig didn't seem to get the greatest reviews, but now I feel like I read nothing but raves, so we definitely need to give that a try as well. There's just not enough time for all the food!

Just read all the updates and I'm more excited than ever for our June trip. We are supposed to do DL and Aulani next June, and you're TR has me so excited, and convinced me I need a minimum of 3 days between DL and CA. DL Hotel is looking like top pick too! That Goofys kitchen service was a bummer :/ Loving all of your spirit jerseys too~!

Ahhhh that is so exciting!!! Yes, three days is perfect. One for DL, one for CA and one to park hop. I wish we had one more park day while we were there. I definitely missed a few things, especially when it comes to food. Have so much fun in June!

I am caught up and am super hungry now after reading your latest reviews :rotfl2: I am so glad to see a picture of the curry from Rose and Crown as I have been looking at their menu and it looks like I should stick to Sanaa, which is the bomb!! Blaze Pizza looks so good, I have some locations in LA but have never tried it.

:laughing: Yeah, I wouldn't go out of your way for the curry at R&C. I need to get back to Sanaa! That has been off my radar for so long now, but I need to go back and give it another try. Definitely check out Blaze, especially if you can do so outside of Disney. It is amazing!

Just had a marathon reading session, love your report; and great to get both parks in the same trippie. Love seeing the different DS restaurants, I think we will try Homecomin when we go at Christmas if I can get a reservation. Also the first week we are there we are on the QSDP and I think Blaze pizza is on that. Not sure though? If not, we can try it one of the other weeks as I have read many great reviews.

Thank you! Definitely give Homecomin' a try. It is probably my top pick at DS. A Christmas trip sounds like fun! It's so beautiful there at Christmas. Not sure about Blaze on the dining plan. I haven't done the dining plan in forever, but I think I have read that it's on there. It's cheap enough too that you could pay for this meal OOP and then save your credits for something else if you have a lot planned.

I am following along! I always seem to find your reports when you are so far along. Can't wait to read all about it!

Thanks for joining in! It's always nice to jump into a DR once it's a good way in so that there is more to read. :thumbsup2

Well, it took forever this trip, but we finally made it to AK on Day 9! Rocking my Up outfit for today.

We got in right after rope drop. This was my first bagless day and boy did I pick a great day to not have a bag. Bag check was insane and the line to get in was insane so between no bag and the AP line being super short we saved at least 45 minutes of frustration. After a few rides including Everest, FOP and the safari it was almost 11am.

We went to our favorite AK lunch spot right as they opened. Yak & Yeti!

We were seated upstairs right away and our server was right there to take our drink orders. I didn't want alcohol and didn't want water, so the Shanghai Lemonade looked perfect. There are multiple flavor options so I went with the Desert Pear.

Wow I did not expect this to be pink! It was kind of shocking when they brought it out. :laughing: It was so good! This was exactly what I was in the mood for. The flavor was not too sweet and not too tart. Perfect!

We love the starters here, so we split two between us. The first was the Wok-Fried Green Beans. Battered green beans, sweet Thai chili dipping sauce.

These are so good! We tried these for the first time last year and they are a favorite. It will be hard not to get these every time. They are perfectly fried without being super heavy and this dipping sauce is delicious.

We also split the Pork Egg Rolls with chili plum dipping sauce.

These were definitely heavier than the green beans, but they were delicious. Standard egg rolls, but still really tasty and once again the sauce is delicious.

For entrees Rob got the Sy Herb Glazed Rib Eye. Grilled 14 oz. Certified Angus Beef Rib-Eye, roasted shiitake mushrooms, shishito pepper relish, served with corn, edamame succotash and wasabi mashed potatoes.

He absolutely loved this steak! However, after the appetizers he was already stuffed, so I practically had to roll him out of here after eating this huge steak.

I was so torn on what to get and after much debate I went with something I have not had before. I chose the Crispy Honey Chicken. Tempura chicken, sugar snap peas, carrots, honey sauce with jasmine rice.

I mean... this was okay. It wasn't bad, but there wasn't a lot of flavor. Compared to everything else I have had here it wasn't on the same level. It wasn't bad, but I definitely would not order it again.

I left a lot of this behind and instead made up for the lackluster entree by ordering their standout dessert. The Fried Wontons! Skewers of fresh pineapple and cream cheese wontons, vanilla ice cream, honey vanilla drizzle.

Amazing! If you have never had these before, what are you waiting for? Everything is perfect together. The fruit pairs perfectly with the cheesecake-like wontons, and the ice cream is a must. Eat the wontons, fruit and ice cream in one bite of pair off between the three options. Any way you eat it, it's all delicious. I don't always save room for dessert here, but I should. It's so good!

Yak & Yeti is a must for us every trip now. It is one of our favorite places to eat on property. Even though I wasn't crazy about my entree, overall it was a great meal. They do not accept TiW, but you do get 10% off your entrees with your AP or DVC.

After lunch I was able to snag another FP for the safari and we got to see the baby hippo as she was out for the first time!

Then we did the walking trails after the safari. I kept trying for another FP in Pandora, but no luck. From there it was a show of ITTBAB and then back to the resort for some relaxation!

Back at the resort I relaxed on the balcony for awhile and chatted on the phone.

Then around 5pm we made the walk over to DS.

Originally we had the Frozen Dessert Party booked for tonight, but one of Rob's favorite movies, the cult classic The Room, was in theaters as a Fathom Event for one night. Being the good wife that I am I canceled our Dessert Party ressie and we got tickets to see The Room in theaters. Rob was absolutely beside himself with excitement. The plan was to get some drinks and then hit up the movie. It was happy hour at Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar, so Jock Lindsey's it is!

This subtly themed Indiana Jones bar has grown on me. I liked it and then I was kinda over it and now I'm back to liking it. More than liking it even. The food options have improved here and the drink specials are really good.

It is open seating, so luckily we found a primo spot inside and looked over the happy hour menu.

I ended up having three of the Reggie's Revenge drinks on special. Florida Cane Orange Vodka, Midori Melon Liqueur, White Cranberry Juice, and fresh Lime Juice.

These were better than I remembered. Especially after three! :rotfl:$9.25 isn't a huge bargain, but it's better than nothing.

Rob had a Wrong Island. Siesta Key Silver Rum, Tito's Handmade Vodka, Tamiami Gin, Tippler's Orange Liqueur, and Sweet-and-Sour with a splash of Coca-Cola.

And a Safari Sangria at my recommendation. South African Red Wine with Van Der Rum Tangerine Liqueur. Their sangria is really good and very strong.

He also had a beer, but no picture because... it looked like a beer. :laughing:

For food I had the Jock's Loaded Nachos on the happy hour special.

These were good, but there was no description of what was on these and it was kinda dark in there at night, so at times I had no idea what the heck I was eating. :laughing:

The atmosphere here is really cool. Like I said, the Indiana Jones theme is subtle, but the pilot theming comes across.

I happened to notice this little nod to Temple of Doom on the wall behind the bar for the first time.

After awhile it was time for the movie so we settled up and made our way to AMC. The service was good here tonight and while we still spent a fortune, at least we got a few small breaks in price with the happy hour specials. If you haven't been here I would recommend it if you are looking for a spot to have a relaxing drink or two. I see they recently added some new food options too which look really yummy.

Isn't DS just beautiful at night?

We made our way into movie number 9 of the trip.

If you are unfamiliar with this movie, it is a cult classic and is often referred to as the Citizen Kane of bad movies. It is like Rocky Horror Picture Show in the respect that there are midnight showings that happen across the country since it was released in 2003 and there are all kinds of things that people shout out and throw during the movie. This was our first time seeing it in the theater and it was a blast! I haven't laughed so hard in awhile. The theater was packed and it was a lively group that was participating the whole time. It was a really fun experience and Rob had a great time, so it was worth canceling the dessert party for. :thumbsup2

After the movie we stopped at one of our old favorites in Disney Springs. Wolfgang Puck Express.

We used to eat here so many times every trip, but now with all of the options in DS and our love of Blaze Pizza we have fallen off this place a bit. It used to always be so crowded here, but it seems like now that the bus stop is no longer right outside of here the crowds have moved on. Tonight the line at Blaze and D-Luxe were huge and this is right on the walk back to the room, so it was a perfect stop for us. I still love it here and wanted to eat here just once, so this was the perfect opportunity.

Here you order at the counter and then grab a seat and wait with your number whether you are dining in or taking out. We were taking out so after we ordered we sat down with our number and a short time later they brought out our food all boxed up with some silverware and napkins. I checked our order over, as we have had issues with the wrong time in the past, and everything was good so we made the short walk back to our room with our dinner for yet another night of a room picnic.

I got the BBQ Chicken Pizza with mozzarella, Cilantro, red onion, Parmesan expect I got mine with no red onion.

Yum! This is so good! Both this and the meatball pizza here are fantastic. I love the BBQ sauce instead of the pizza sauce, and while not everyone is a cilantro fan I sure love it.

Rob got his favorite, the Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf Sandwich with Provolone, Garlic Aioli, Crispy Onion Rings.

Sorry, not a helpful picture but he was starving and not in the mood for a photo shoot with his sandwich. :rotfl2:

He always loved this, but isn't loving it like he used to which is a bummer. He hates that you have to pay extra for fries instead of chips now as it used to come with fries. He also swears the sandwich is getting smaller.

I still love WPE, but Rob is less enthused, which stinks. Its a great use of a counter service credit though if you are on the dining plan, so I recommend checking it out if you never have before.

Another day down! More to come!

Yay for a bagless day! Glad it saved you time!

Your meal at Yak & Yeti looks good. Those green beans are good, even if you dont like green beans! That drink looks refreshing as well.

While I'm sure the the Frozen Dessert Party would have been fun - your evening plans look like they were just as enjoyable for you! Glad you got to enjoy the crowd for The Room!

Sorry Rob wasn't too much of a fan of his sandwich as he used to be.

YUM! Those fried green beans looks delicious! We're eating at Yak & Yeti for the first time next month, I will defnitely need to order these! Rob's steak looks good too! Too bad about your chicken... I made a mental note about avoiding ordering that :cutie:

PS- baby hippo on the safari? SWOON!

So jealous of your bag-less status. I just don't know if I can do it. :rolleyes: Looks like a fun day at Animal Kingdom! There's a local bar here that does fried green beans and they are sooooo good. And of course I focus on the green bean part and not the fried part so it's healthy and calorie-free! To your point about there being so many good options in Disney Springs now, I still haven't tried Jock Lindsay's. The Indiana Jones references would likely be lost on me but I think it's great they have happy hour specials - need to check it out. What a good wife you are to cancel the dessert party and head to the movie instead -- glad it was so much fun. I haven't been to WPE in a while either. With at least three more spots opening - Wine Bar, the Jose Andres place, the new Wolfgang Puck place - I wonder if there's a point they have too many options and some suffer? But I'm not complaining - having too many good options is a problem I am more than happy to suffer through. :) Once again you have me convinced Saratoga Springs is the perfect spot to take advantage of all DS has to offer!

We are huge Jock Lindsey fans and were disappointed that the nachos are no longer on the menu. Yep, we were there on March 23rd and they are gone...My husband had them in January when he moved our son into his apartment for the Disney College Program. He loved them and couldn't wait to have them again...Since they are no longer offered we, opted for the new queso, which was ok.

I am a little late to this party, but awesome review(s)! Giving me ideas for the next trip I plan (after this year that is, which is really already planned) Also have to throw in a Fly Eagles Fly! We will be driving from the Philly suburbs of PA in November and I cannot wait until our trip! :)

He always loved this, but isn't loving it like he used to which is a bummer. He hates that you have to pay extra for fries instead of chips now as it used to come with fries. He also swears the sandwich is getting smaller.

I still love WPE, but Rob is less enthused, which stinks. Its a great use of a counter service credit though if you are on the dining plan, so I recommend checking it out if you never have before.

That has always been my husband's favorite too, but last time he had the exact same complaints. We always stop at character warehouse then on to Disney Springs to eat at WPE on arrival day. This time he is considering trying somewhere new, and my guess is for those reasons. (He's also found a really great meatloaf at a "local" (by local I mean there is one 45 mins from us) restaurant, so I'm guessing it is keeping him satisfied in the way of meatloaf entrees. He even suggested they make it a sandwich option :idea:

Hey Joh! Greatest Showman just came out on Blu-Ray and I can't believe I haven't bought it yet. I need to get with it. It's so good!

Thanks! We had such a blast on that trip. I can't wait to go back!

Not weird at all to go without sauce at Blaze. In fact, they have suggested pizza ideas that are sauceless. You can definitely make a pizza without sauce that you would love there and that way your daughter gets to try it too!

I have an extra one. Message me your address on FB and I would be happy to mail it to you!

Dang! Well, you never know. Maybe I'll somehow end up there in November. I am trying to somehow sneak another trip in there somewhere.

I just sent you a message on FB, you rock! Fingers crossed you could make a November trip work, we are there the week after Thanksgiving (24-30). Just my daughter and I, although we are meeting up with other friends there.

Thanks for all the latest updates - you certainly made up for being MIA ;) I have never had a bad meal at Yak & Yeti, it is consistently good. We have never had room for dessert, though, so have yet to experience the famous cream cheese wontons.

We had our first trip to Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar last summer and thought it was great, although we wound up being on 'the boat' outside. Would love to get a seat inside one day, I guess the atmosphere is very different. We are staying at SSR in November so will be spending a fair amount of time at Disney Springs - plenty of opportunity!

Loving your 'Up' t-shirt (I think I admired it on FB at the time). I just bought a similar one myself a few weeks back. I love it!

Yak and Yeti is on my radar for the Christmas trip, but disappointed to read about your choice of Honey Chicken as that would have been mine too. It looks worth a visit just for the fried wontons.....:goodvibes

Your Up ears & shirt are so cute!!! We love Y&Y, too! Haven't tried the fried green beans yet, but they are definitely on the list!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!