Mini Dining Review- June 13-21st

heidijanesmith

DIS Veteran
We just got back from a great stay at the BWV and tried some new restaurants this time.

I ranked them from best to worst:

1-Tiffins: 1st time eating here and so glad we did. Truly spectacular!! We had the best waiter, so good that I e-mailed guest services and told his manager. Great food, beautiful atmosphere and an over all amazing experience. A must do for us!

2-Chefs De France: 1st time eating here. What a great meal. The lobster bisque is the best on property! My pork shank with egg spatzel was amazing and huge portions. DH had the steak and thought it was ok.

3-Le Cellier: We go here every year and did not disappoint. Went there for Father's Day and it was superb as usual. We had a great server and our steaks were cooked to perfection.

4-California Grill: 1st time eating here. I made reservations at 9:00PM, so we could watch the fireworks. It was lovely spot to watch from the walk way. DH and I split the pepperoni pizza. The pepperoni is hand made, to us it was more like sausage. It was very, very good. We will be back to this one and eat a full meal this time.

5-BOG: 1st time eating here. The atmosphere is gorgeous, we ate in the ballroom. My shrimp and scallop pasta dish was pretty good. Not great, but not bad either.

6-Sci-FI: Another must for us. Even thought the spinach artichoke dip is gone, the crab dip replacement is really good.

7-ESPN: We ate here as we were tired of the Boardwalk bakery and did not want to walk to the Beach Club again for a burger and fries. Sometimes you just want a burger and the Boardwalk does not offer one on the dining plan. ESPN is ok, I think the menu is much smaller than last year.

8- Boardwalk Bakery: The Italian sandwich is good, but the roast beef and meatball were yucky! Same with Leaping Horse at the pool. The ceasar salad is good, the turkey sandwich is ok. Need more variety!

Overall we had an amazing dining experience and can not wait to try some of these places again :)

Glad you enjoyed yourself. You really had a decent meal at BoG? We ate there a few days before you before it becomes a signature and I had to take my girls to The Mara after the meal to go eat. I had the lamb and has exactly 3 forkfuls of meat on that place but I agree about the atmosphere. Talk about getting something right. Le Cellier has been off our list for a couple of trips. Can you go into more detail on what you had?

Glad you enjoyed yourself. You really had a decent meal at BoG? We ate there a few days before you before it becomes a signature and I had to take my girls to The Mara after the meal to go eat. I had the lamb and has exactly 3 forkfuls of meat on that place but I agree about the atmosphere. Talk about getting something right. Le Cellier has been off our list for a couple of trips. Can you go into more detail on what you had?

BOG was pretty good, the seafood pasta dish is a good choice. The lobster bisque was also good, but the bisque at Chef's De France is spectacular. DH had the pork tenderloin. It was juicy and good.

Le Cellier has always been our favorite. I got the cheese soup, the filet and we split the brulee. I like my steak well done, so I always have them butterfly the filet. It was done perfectly. The mushroom risotto is fabulous. DH had the mussels and the rib eye. He likes his steak rare and it was cooked perfectly.

BOG was pretty good, the seafood pasta dish is a good choice. The lobster bisque was also good, but the bisque at Chef's De France is spectacular. DH had the pork tenderloin. It was juicy and good.

Le Cellier has always been our favorite. I got the cheese soup, the filet and we split the brulee. I like my steak well done, so I always have them butterfly the filet. It was done perfectly. The mushroom risotto is fabulous. DH had the mussels and the rib eye. He likes his steak rare and it was cooked perfectly.
Thank You because I always have ribeye and rare is my religion. The last time we ate there was 2012 and the waitress argued with my then 12 year old that she did not want her steak rare (and gave us the 1st one they way she wanted it). It was just a mess.

Happy to read the review and glad to hear you had a great time. Like you, Le Cellier is always one of our favorites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter