Mini golf as a park hopper plus option

lvdis

love disney
Does anyone know where I can see the official description of plus options (and any restrictions) on the park hopper plus on the Disney World site?

I've seen mentioned that you can only redeem the mini golf option before 4 pm and that you can only use the mini golf option once per day. I can't find anything official showing this, even when you click on info when buying the ticket.

I did the 'chat' on their website and asked if the mini golf option could be used at any time during operating hours and if I could play more than one round in a day by redeeming two plus options and her answer was "You most certainly should be able to."

I would really like to use it on our arrival night, but I'm not sure what to believe.

Does anyone know where I can see the official description of plus options (and any restrictions) on the park hopper plus on the Disney World site?

I've seen mentioned that you can only redeem the mini golf option before 4 pm and that you can only use the mini golf option once per day. I can't find anything official showing this, even when you click on info when buying the ticket.

I did the 'chat' on their website and asked if the mini golf option could be used at any time during operating hours and if I could play more than one round in a day by redeeming two plus options and her answer was "You most certainly should be able to."

I would really like to use it on our arrival night, but I'm not sure what to believe.

The link below is a good a place to read the info (and can be more reliable than the WDW website.)

The info about Mini-golf before 4PM is the "official rule,"
but there are times when a mini-golf course is not very busy, and they will allow guests to play
later than 4PM ... and into the evening,

https://www.undercovertourist.com/blog/disney-park-hopper-plus-option/

Admissions & 'Plus Visits'

The Disney Park Hopper Plus Option allows you admission to one or more of the four main parks (Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot®, Disney’s Hollywood Studios® and Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park) for the number of days on your ticket. It also includes the same number of Plus Visits, which are admissions to ...
  • Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park
  • Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
  • One round of golf at Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course (tee time reservations required and subject to availability)
  • ESPN Wide World of Sports (some events require additional admission, valid only on event days)
  • Disney's Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Course (one mini golf visit per day before 4:00 p.m.; cannot be used on the same day as Disney's Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Course)
  • Disney's Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Course (one mini golf visit per day before 4:00 p.m.; cannot be used on the same day as Disney's Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Course)

Just an observation here... we always like to get in a round of mini golf at the Fantasia Gardens but were shocked in Nov 2017 by the totally rundown condition of that place. It was nowhere near up to Disney standards, with worn, fraying turf and decorations looking sad and faded. We wondered if perhaps it was being phased out as we have never seen anything in WDW as sadly neglected. Wished we had gone to Winter Summerland for a change.

Just an observation here... we always like to get in a round of mini golf at the Fantasia Gardens but were shocked in Nov 2017 by the totally rundown condition of that place. It was nowhere near up to Disney standards, with worn, fraying turf and decorations looking sad and faded. We wondered if perhaps it was being phased out as we have never seen anything in WDW as sadly neglected. Wished we had gone to Winter Summerland for a change.
Oh no that's sad to hear. We loved the fairways course and the fantasia side when we were there in 2012. I hope we won't be disappointed.

We went in December for the first time. Fantasia did seem worn to me, ripped carpet on holes, faded paint. We had never been there so couldn’t compare. We had a lot of fun though! They confirmed we could only play once round per day per course. And we went in the morning so not sure how strongly they enforce 4pm. Get there early because it moves very slowly. We waited about 20 minutes and it was morning time. I’m sure it’s worse as the day goes on.

Regarding the "4pm" deadline, does that mean we need to enter by 4pm or be done by 4pm??
Also, is there any shade at winter summerland?? We will be there in July/August...

This frustrates me! How are people supposed to know any of these things when there isn't any information anywhere on the official Disney site? It's not on the ticket description or listed in MDE or anywhere on the WDW site that I can find. You shouldn't have to go to a 3rd party site to find out the rules of use.

Do you know, if we want to golf both sides at Winter Summerland during the same visit, would we use a plus visit for the first course and then need to pay for the other one or can 2 plus options be used in the same day? Would we be charged the 2nd course discounted rate? Seems to me the plus options should be able to be redeemed when you want them until they are all used up, but that's just my opinion.

This frustrates me! How are people supposed to know any of these things when there isn't any information anywhere on the official Disney site? It's not on the ticket description or listed in MDE or anywhere on the WDW site that I can find.
1. You shouldn't have to go to a 3rd party site to find out the rules of use.
Do you know,
2. if we want to golf both sides at Winter Summerland during the same visit, would we use a plus visit for the first course and then need to pay for the other one or can 2 plus options be used in the same day?
Would we be charged the 2nd course discounted rate?
3. Seems to me the plus options should be able to be redeemed when you want them until they are all used up, but that's just my opinion.
1. So very, very much about how things actually work at WDW can only be found on fan sites.
The Disney sites are notorious for having certain details (when details are even posted) on too often on a scale between inadequate to inaccurate.
2. The "one visit per day" would indicate only one course would be covered.
However, (like many other "rules") if conditions were favorable (light attendance) a CM at the attraction might be able to accommodate. It never hurts to ask, nicely.
3. Maybe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter