MINI VAN Rental

woody62798

Earning My Ears
Anyone with knowledge or recommendations: We are going to WDW at the end of Aug, staying for 8 days in the wilderness cabins (We leave out of the airport at 6 pm on the 8th day.)
I've been looking at possibly renting a mini-van (we have 5 kids and 2 adults)..but all the rates seem fairly high..in excess of 300 for the 8 days. I looked at national, budget, avis, etc.

Any suggestions??

Right now Tiffinay looks better, even wiht a side trip to Sea World. (about 150 total). But what concerns me is that last day, where we have to check out by 11, but don't leave till that night?

Thanks

We are using Tiffany's. We also would need a minvan and we have checked all of the car rentals. All are around $500-$600.00. Outragous. We are going to rent a car at the hotel (Port Orleans). We are renting for two days to go to US and IOA. The cost I was told was around $47.00 a day. Total predicted cost $180.00 including Tiffany. Just a thought.

WE ARE GOING IN AUG. LAST YEAR WE RENTED THROUGHT BUDGET WHICH I GOT FROM PRICELINE. FOR $29 A DAY PLUS TAXES CAME TO $300. I'M GOING TO USE THEM AGAIN THIS YEAR, BUT GOING TO TRY FOR LESS STARTED AT $12 A DAY THAT WAS DECLINED, BUT WILL TRY AGAIN IN 7 DAYS FOR $15, OR $20.

Hi....I just rented a minivan from Dollar for Oct. 3-10 for $209 for the week plus $40 for an extra day. Total it comes to $311 and some change. I didn't think that was bad at all. I used the FVG code to get this rate. Just thought I'd pass it along for what it's worth. I'm going to keep checking as I have some time, but figured I'd at least lock in at this rate, and if something better comes along, I can always cancel.

If you decide to go for the rental or even if you think you still MIGHT want to rent...

Keep checking those rates even after you reserve! I check almost every day, and the rates are constantly going up and down. If you are careful about keeping up with past reservations, you can always cancel your higher rates!

WE ARE GOING TO WDW IN JULY, AND WERE HAVING THE SAME TROUBLE WITH THE EXTRA DAY COST---$40-50 DOLLARS EXTRA! I ENDED UP GETTING A MINIVAN THROUGH PRICELINE FOR THE 10 DAYS-- $26/DAY! TOTAL WILL BE JUST UNDER $300 FOR THE 10 DAYS. MY HUSBAND'S RESPONSE WAS--YOU SHOULD HAVE BID $20!! OH WELL! I STILL FEEL HAPPY! AND THE PICKUP IS AT THE AIRPORT TERMINAL---BETTER THAN OFFSITE WE COULD HAVE BEEN STUCK WITH!

Thaks for the updated info. I guess I'll keep trying. I tried the KISS code and it didn't rate me anything.

I'm going to go back to priceline and try them.
For the 26/day, who did you end up renting from?

Anyone else?

Another option to consider would be to rent the minvan for just the last day of your trip or perhaps the last two days. Then you could use the van for the Sea World visit and also for the trip back to the airport. Both National and Dollar have locations within WDW to pick up (or return) rental cars. National does not charge extra to pick up and return at different Orlando locations. I'm not sure about Dollar, but I don't think they do either. It is my understanding that both will send a shuttle to pick you up and bring you to the rental location.

I think you could do TTC (1way from airport) and a 2 day minivan for Sea World and trip back to the airport for about the same price as TTC($150) and then have the freedom of the minivan for the entire last day.

If you have Disney Club card, be sure to use it for National. Using the DC discount, I reserved a minivan for one day in December, 2001 for $53 including taxes. (Prices may be different for August, though). I'm sure I could have got a better rate via Priceline, but I want the convenience of using National, which has a pick up location near my Hotel. (In case you are wondering, they have one in the Dolphin Hotel and also one very near the MK). Whatever you work out, enjoy your trip!

Thaks everyone...Please keep those insights coming.
I took the plunge with priceline and offered up 25/day.

I WAS REJECTED!!! :-(

I keep looking and comparing.

Thanks again!

Last night I rented a minivan through priceline.com for 29.00. We got 'Budget'. Our total cost for 9 days is $321.76 which includes taxes, fees & surcharges. I think this is pretty good. Last year we rented a minivan after ours broke down in St. Augustine Florida (on the way to Orlando). Our 4-day rental was 400.00 and we had to pay for extra mileage! So, I'm pretty pleased since we'll be driving down from South Carolina.

We also have a van through priceline at Budget for 24/day. Total- $247.00! We did have one reserved with Dollar for the 209, but did the priceline plunge and are very happy!

Wow! That's the best I 've heard lately. I started my bidding at 26.00 and of course I got rejected. Maybe I should have waited a few days before I tried again. Oh well. Next time I won't be so anxious!

There seems to be no rhyme or reason with priceline...maybe it's all timing!? Two bids; 25 (mine) and another of 26 are rejected, but a 24 is accepted.

I'll keep trying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter