Minimalist park bag with a toddler?

dawnball

<font color=red>bouncie bouncie...<br><font color=
Now that my 2 year old is out of diapers, I'm trending really minimalist for outings but don't want to be caught without basics for our January trip. What do other light packers like to take into the parks for toddlers?

So far my list is:
  • stroller (with a giant canopy and a passable rain cover)
  • baby carrier for lines - I'll probably take one that doubles as a stroller blanket.
  • water bottle
  • stroller snack to get us started
  • microfiber towel for messes of all kinds
  • Maybe rain jacket and/or ziplocked change of clothes depending on the weather predictions.

Anything else I might want to consider?

I suggest baby wipes/facial wipes. It’s great for quick sticky cleanups, even for adults. I put some in a ziploc bag.

I'd consider some kind of mini first aid kit/tylenol/benadryl/band-aid thing. Extra socks/shoes were always on our list too - not minimal but SO stinking helping - we just threw a pair of croc sandals in the bottom of the bag and they were used many times!

Spare clothes for the 2 year old - congratulations on the potty training but unless you are sure an accident won’t happen I’d bring a spare set (I just can’t stomach paying park prices for clothes if needed). At a minimum I’d bring underwear for the 2 year old though, it doesn’t take up much space and therefore, to me, would be worth brining at that age.

Also, a small, travel size, bottle of sunscreen to reapply it. I actually bring a full size bottle and we normally use it during a day (but I’m traveling with multiple adults and kids).

I’d add something to do in lines, while waiting for food—stickers, coloring book, imagine ink book, etc.
antibacterial wipes!

We always bring the rain coats or ponchos, we call it our insurance. Every time we did not bring the "insurance" it rained, so we were unprepared. A small pack of hand wipes or baby wipes are super useful especially when your kids grabs the sugar coated Churro with his bare hands.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!