Minimum age for Water Boats?

Veater

Earning My Ears
My son will be just two weeks short of his 12th birthday when we are in Disneyworld this summer. Will they let him drive a water mouse by himself or will they stick strictly to the 12 year age? He is not small for his age so my understanding is that to have two people in the boat really slows it down. It would be way more fun to have us run two boats and be able to both drive but if it is not going to be possible, I don't want to have him disappointed. Thanks for any insight that you may have on this!

I don't think your son will be allowed to operate the water mice by himself. The minimum age is 12 years old and there is also a height requirement of 5 feet. Additionally all drivers under the age of 18 MUST have a parent or legal guardian sign a release, and drivers under 18 years of age must provide ID with birth date.

You might want to wait until next trip to try this activity.

Thanks for the reply. I was afraid that they would be pretty strict about it. He is 5 ft tall but will definately be still two weeks short of his 12th birthday. I have heard that the weight limit is 300 lb and we would be over that for two of us to ride so I guess we will think of other things to do this trip.

Veater I sent you a PM.

YOu do not have to show ID for drivers under 18, DS has driven many times and we never had to show ID for him. What does the average under 18 year old have for ID?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter