Minimum child ride heights

GASTONE

Earning My Ears
What are the minimum heights for kids on the coasters? Does anyone know what the minimum height to ride the "adult/bigger kids" rides?

Rockin Roller Coaster - 48"
Tower of Terror - 40"
Star Tours - 40"
Test Track - 40"
Dinosaur - 40"
Kali River Rapids - 38"
Space Mountain - 44"
Big Thunder Mountain - 40"
Splash Mountain - 40"

Those are just off the top of my head, so if I've missed anything, I apologize. I think that about covers it, though.

Just a added FYI, they do check and they check very carefuly! It is common to see a child in tears because they were sure they could ride a ride and then could not. Measure your child at home and underestimate his height. DW seems to do this. Also a word of caution( or a reminder,) on space mountian you can not sit beside your child, you sit behind them. On our trip last week we saw a mom with a very young child as she realized this and then tried to hold onto her child from the seat behind him! Have fun with whatever rides your child can ride!

Jordan's mom

So my daredevil 35 month old son who stands at 36 inches should be prepared not to ride the 40 inch high rides (such as Big Thunder Mtn. RR) that I know he'd love, but will be checked and denied in the line?

He's done the semi-fast coasters at other amusement parks (Scooby-Doo at KD in Va), but this won't matter, correct, his height will not permit it no matter how much he begs?

Gonna be tough seeing his big sister do these!:confused:

Originally posted by kevster
So my daredevil 35 month old son who stands at 36 inches should be prepared not to ride the 40 inch high rides (such as Big Thunder Mtn. RR) that I know he'd love, but will be checked and denied in the line?

He's done the semi-fast coasters at other amusement parks (Scooby-Doo at KD in Va), but this won't matter, correct, his height will not permit it no matter how much he begs?

Gonna be tough seeing his big sister do these!:confused:

Yes he will absolutely be checked and denied if he dosn't meet the height requrement. Its more about safety - meeting the minimum height requrement - rather than age and being ready for a certain ride. Last trip my dd was 40 1/2" at her drs appointment without shoes and still just barely measured under the stick at the Splash Mountain ride (40" req). Even with sneakers, so they do account for shoes. They measured her each and every time there was a height requirment. Somtimes twice, once at the entrance and occasionally just before boarding at the ride. You will just have to explain to your son that its not safe for him just yet! Perhaps you can split up at times and take him back to fantasy land or a favorite while big sister rides the "big rides"? We found a good alternative in each land while dh and big sis rode space mountain lil sis and I rode the TTA or Buzz Lightyear etc. If he still naps that could be a chance to do some of the things he can't do as well. If/when those tips won't work be sure and use the baby swap to minimize wait times when you and dh both want to ride, that way dd gets to ride with both of you.
Enjoy
TJ

Take your son on Goofy's Barnstormer - he will love it. Maybe one of you can take him over there while the other does the bigger rides with your daughter.

Goofy's Barnstormer sounds like a great alternative. He'll be dying to do a rollercoaster, so that should work out fine. Good to know in advance they check like this.

Guess TOT is out at MGM too, huh? :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter