Minnie Ear Headband Price Increase

NikkiDP

DIS Veteran
The title says it all. I first saw it on Twitter and a quick trip to ShopDisney confirmed it. The new price is $29.99 😲 I love me a pair of ears, but $30 for a "can only wear at Disney" headband is probably gonna deter me from buying another pair... at least for the time being.

Last edited:
The title says it all. The new price is $29.99 😲 I love me a pair of ears, but $30 for a "can only wear at Disney" headband is probably gonna deter me from buying another pair... at least for the time being.

It's pretty crazy...right?

A friend who's a Cast Member of mine took me to Cast Connections. They had boxes and boxes of both Millennial Pink and Imagination Pink Minnie ears. $5 per headband. Bought one of each for my wife. A lot of people say Cast Connections has items for cheap, and they do, relative to Disney prices. In reality they have items for the amount they would be selling for in the real world. The "Disney" tax is getting out of hand. I've made Minnie Ears for my wife that look better than some of the ones they sell.

Crazy. I've never bought one as I prefer more "useful" souvenirs like a mug or a shirt (and the shirts are also nutso... I ended up buying an Epcot shirt off teepublic on sale instead). My kids never asked for any on our recent trip, but if they want some for next time eBay or Etsy I think is the way to roll.

It's pretty crazy...right?

A friend who's a Cast Member of mine took me to Cast Connections. They had boxes and boxes of both Millennial Pink and Imagination Pink Minnie ears. $5 per headband. Bought one of each for my wife. A lot of people say Cast Connections has items for cheap, and they do, relative to Disney prices. In reality they have items for the amount they would be selling for in the real world. The "Disney" tax is getting out of hand. I've made Minnie Ears for my wife that look better than some of the ones they sell.

It is incredibly crazy! I have never been to Cast Connections but we might have to make a trip there if it means getting ears for a far better price. I was in my local Disney Store this weekend and they were selling Rose Gold ears for about $10 cheaper than in the parks and I was pumped. Now, I'm really pumped haha.

Crazy. I've never bought one as I prefer more "useful" souvenirs like a mug or a shirt (and the shirts are also nutso... I ended up buying an Epcot shirt off teepublic on sale instead). My kids never asked for any on our recent trip, but if they want some for next time eBay or Etsy I think is the way to roll.

Etsy is totally the way to roll. I have an awesome pair from an Etsy seller that I love. I have ones from Disney too but none of them were bought at full price (either AP discount of from the sale website with free shipping). I agree with you, I try for useful souvenirs as well but I was hoping to splurge and treat myself a bit this trip.

Etsy is totally the way to roll. I have an awesome pair from an Etsy seller that I love. I have ones from Disney too but none of them were bought at full price (either AP discount of from the sale website with free shipping). I agree with you, I try for useful souvenirs as well but I was hoping to splurge and treat myself a bit this trip.

In addition, I think a lot of the custom ears handmade by Etsy users often appear both prettier and more well made than Disney's ears. I have seen some really nice looking ears from people on Etsy.

In addition, I think a lot of the custom ears handmade by Etsy users often appear both prettier and more well made than Disney's ears. I have seen some really nice looking ears from people on Etsy.

I love some of the ears on Etsy. I did however buy the Candy Corn Minnie Ears for our trip next week. I was debating on buying while there or ahead; and now I'm super happy I bought them when I did. For sure will be my last pair of ears. $30 is way too much!

Or you can go next level like my wife and I and make your own stuff lol! I see a design I like, I recreated it in Inkscape, then use the Cricut to cut the vinyl to iron on the shirt. It's definitely saved us money in the long run (especially when a t-shirt is $25 - $40 bucks)

It is incredibly crazy! I have never been to Cast Connections but we might have to make a trip there if it means getting ears for a far better price. I was in my local Disney Store this weekend and they were selling Rose Gold ears for about $10 cheaper than in the parks and I was pumped. Now, I'm really pumped haha.

I've only been to Cast Connections the one time, but from what my friend was telling me it can be hit or miss. You never know what they are going to get, but I'll tell you, I also got some nice little kitchen stuff. Ice cube tray for $4...again, what it would cost in the real world. I got some magnet that they sell for $10 in the parks for 99 cents. If I was a CM, I would find out when they get shipments and hit that store up weekly...I'm sure a bunch do that.

I miss Cast Connection a lot but miss Property Control even more. You never knew what you would find but usually there were gems hiding out.

I picked up several safari coffee mugs once from Property Control for $1 each. Why? Because "Animals of the Savanah" was miss spelled. They were printed "Animals of the Sannanah".

Got some Caribbean Beach bed coverings for next to nothing once. These were removed due to refurb and were really nice. I still use them.

Or you can go next level like my wife and I and make your own stuff lol! I see a design I like, I recreated it in Inkscape, then use the Cricut to cut the vinyl to iron on the shirt. It's definitely saved us money in the long run (especially when a t-shirt is $25 - $40 bucks)

I've only been to Cast Connections the one time, but from what my friend was telling me it can be hit or miss. You never know what they are going to get, but I'll tell you, I also got some nice little kitchen stuff. Ice cube tray for $4...again, what it would cost in the real world. I got some magnet that they sell for $10 in the parks for 99 cents. If I was a CM, I would find out when they get shipments and hit that store up weekly...I'm sure a bunch do that.

Without a doubt! Even a hit or miss place with authentic Disney merch at real world places is a goldmine haha. Until I am able to get there though I guess I will just be creeping on the Sale section of the Disney Store to see if any make there way there!

After I bought the Rose Gold ears, I'll only buy from Etsy shops for a number of reasons. If I'm spending over $30 on ears I'd rather they be comfortable like homemade ones are. The designs are often more creative and appealing.

Plus my money goes towards a small family instead of a large corporation.

After I bought the Rose Gold ears, I'll only buy from Etsy shops for a number of reasons. If I'm spending over $30 on ears I'd rather they be comfortable like homemade ones are. The designs are often more creative and appealing.

Plus my money goes towards a small family instead of a large corporation.

This :worship: I will absolutely buy souvenirs from Disney but whenever I can I want to support family run businesses that are doing it either because they love it or they need the extra income. Either way, the products from sellers on Etsy are amazing.

I have a Disney-made Minnie ear headband that really hurts my head, so I've only worn them on one trip.

I bought an ADORABLE pair on etsy from a shop named BriarsPatches and they are SO well made. I highly recommend and I'll be wearing mine on my next trip.

Went to the Disney Store Outlet in Grapevine Texas and they had the following for $4.99 a pair:
-Rainbow sequins Minnie ears
-Donald Duck “ears” you know, the one with his tail and feet sticking up on the headband
-American girl Minnie ears
-Millennium Pink Minnie ears
-Minnie ears that were navy blue with pink polka dots
They probably had more, I just only remember the ones my daughter wanted. She was ecstatic because I will usually tell her no about buying an almost $30 (with tax) headband. Buying them in the park may be magical but finding them for so cheap for the exact ones (still had parks tags on them) was thrilling to say the least.

$30 is crazy for ears. DD loves the ears, but I cut her off when the price went to $27.99 last year. Now she has even less of a chance of ever getting any again. Back when they were $24.99 or less, we would get them about every trip. $25 was pretty much my limit. Disney's are not exactly comfortable either. Every time I have bought them for myself, I have been sorry about an hour later because they hurt.

Our Disney outlet has had a lot of ears since the price went to $27.99 last year. We hardly ever saw ears there before the last price increase. DD has gotten a couple of pairs for $9.99 or less.

Just got back from the Disney outlet store in San Marcos, TX, and they had lots of cute Minnie ears between 4.99-9.99. Stocked up before our trip next month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!