Minnie Mouse: The Main Attraction

Fail this month. Thought the virtual queue would surely do something but no. I ran out of "time" just before checkout. By the time I came back everything was sold out. I emailed ShopDisney customer service but I doubt anything will happen. If only I had 15 extra minutes. :mad:

I think you may be mixed up with the time zones (from getting up too early maybe?). 7:00 Pacific time would be 10:00 am here on the east coast, and 9:00 central. It will be 8:00 in Pacific time zone in another 10 minutes.

UGH!!! You are so right! All I can do is laugh at myself. I clearly read PST, but am so used to Disney stuff being EST, that in my head I was thinking EST. I could have gotten better sleep and maybe at least had better chance of getting items! (sigh) Hopefully the last time I'll make that error.

Fail this month. Thought the virtual queue would surely do something but no. I ran out of "time" just before checkout. By the time I came back everything was sold out. I emailed ShopDisney customer service but I doubt anything will happen. If only I had 15 extra minutes. :mad:
I was hoping that, too, when I got into the queue even though I was late signing on. Still, it's sad that an hour into the sale items are not available- why don't they just do pre-orders? I guess because they're limited editions?

I was hoping that, too, when I got into the queue even though I was late signing on. Still, it's sad that an hour into the sale items are not available- why don't they just do pre-orders?
Exactly! That would save so much time and a lot more people would get what they wanted. Plus I think they should integrate some sort of security so those resellers aren't able to take everything!

So my last attempt, and what will be my last attempt on any of these (hopefully), the wheel spun for 20 minutes after "checkout," then just asked me to log in again, took me back to the virtual waiting room. What a load of crap.

Glad I’m just collecting the mugs. Just got the Tiki mug 5 minutes ago. I even got in the virtual queue 10 minutes before start time, was allowed into website to start shopping immediately, but with website crashes still took me an hour. Sigh.

So my last attempt, and what will be my last attempt on any of these (hopefully), the wheel spun for 20 minutes after "checkout," then just asked me to log in again, took me back to the virtual waiting room. What a load of crap.
That’s exactly what happened to me. :(

Holy ****!! Like I said, I'd pretty much given up, just read @diznee25 's post above (I too was mainly going for the mug, threw the pins in to hit free shipping), and decided to look again. I noticed I'd finally come out of the waiting room in my other browser (opened up Chrome to see if I'd have better luck, that was 45 minutes ago). I was able to pull up my cart, log in, and check out right away. I am shocked.

Holy ****!! Like I said, I'd pretty much given up, just read @diznee25 's post above (I too was mainly going for the mug, threw the pins in to hit free shipping), and decided to look again. I noticed I'd finally come out of the waiting room in my other browser (opened up Chrome to see if I'd have better luck, that was 45 minutes ago). I was able to pull up my cart, log in, and check out right away. I am shocked.
Congrats! I keep refreshing availability of the ears and backpack, which is what I wanted, just in case something like that happens. :(

I got the ears in my cart as soon as they popped up and then kept getting an error message at checkout until it eventually popped me back to my cart. My daughter just wanted the ears. Oh well, I think I'm done trying with these limited releases. It's ridiculous that Disney can't find a way to make this work.

They need to release these later in the afternoon - that way it would be more reasonable to want to have a drink after all that mess.

Update!! Went to check back and the plush (which I really wanted) was in stock! I'd wanted the ears and/or pins but they were both out of stock so I went with the mug. I threw in a few things to get free shipping and my items are FINALLY on the way (after almost 2 hours of trying!!)

So I just went on the website now after trying multiple times when the site initially 'opened' and after taking a break to do some gardening and I was able to order the Minnie plush. As soon as my ordered was processed, I went back to check and it is now sold out. I am doubtful that I will actually receive the item and will mostly likely get an email from Shop Disney indicating that the item is unavailable for shipping or something like that :).

ETA: Okay, so I checked again and it is saying that the mug and plush are available. Either they are releasing the items in waves or this is likely just another website issue. I think I will stick with my original hypothesis that I am probably not going to end up with the plush after all...lol.

So I just went on the website now after trying multiple times when the site initially 'opened' and after taking a break to do some gardening and I was able to order the Minnie plush. As soon as my ordered was processed, I went back to check and it is now sold out. I am doubtful that I will actually receive the item and will mostly likely get an email from Shop Disney indicating that the item is unavailable for shipping or something like that :).

ETA: Okay, so I checked again and it is saying that the mug and plush are available. Either they are releasing the items in waves or this is likely just another website issue. I think I will stick with my original hypothesis that I am probably not going to end up with the plush after all...lol.
My husband’s theory is that even when people’s transactions fail, it “holds” those items for a time, and releases them back into stock later. In April he ended up getting the plush around noon PST, and today he got the plush around 9:30 PST. I was online at 7am PST both times and no luck either time. I am hoping that the stores are reopened by June’s release. I am having so much unnecessary anxiety with the online releases. 🥺

We got skunked too, got all the way to entering payment and the transaction screen spun for hours. Now foolishly looking at all the eBay listings at 2-5x retail and feeling incredibly sad. I wish no one would buy off eBay!

We got skunked too, got all the way to entering payment and the transaction screen spun for hours. Now foolishly looking at all the eBay listings at 2-5x retail and feeling incredibly sad. I wish no one would buy off eBay!
I wish Disney would make enough stock that people wouldn’t be forced to buy stuff from eBay.

Managed to snag the pins and mug after smashing the checkout button for about 10 minutes. Ear availability kept popping up, managed to get one in my cart, but kept giving me the blue spinning wheel. After an hour of being on the final payment screen it showed up as sold out. Pretty frustrating, still glad I got the pins and mug though since I wanted those the most. Their website for these launches is a disaster, should've fixed the problems months ago. I'm almost about to go into conspiracy theory territory and start thinking that it's on purpose to drive up the virtual feeding frenzy.

Managed to snag the pins and mug after smashing the checkout button for about 10 minutes. Ear availability kept popping up, managed to get one in my cart, but kept giving me the blue spinning wheel. After an hour of being on the final payment screen it showed up as sold out. Pretty frustrating, still glad I got the pins and mug though since I wanted those the most. Their website for these launches is a disaster, should've fixed the problems months ago. I'm almost about to go into conspiracy theory territory and start thinking that it's on purpose to drive up the virtual feeding frenzy.
The thing that gets me is Disney doesn’t benefit from 3rd party sales, so you’d think they’d put effort into upping the production numbers so actual customers get what they want and scalpers don’t have a market to sell to. I refuse to buy the scalper stuff on eBay and Mercari but obviously someone is willing to pay the outlandish prices or they wouldn’t keep doing it.

Based on how all Disney IT works, I’d just chalk it up to incompetence. They still can’t get MDE to be stable.

Tiki room backpacks selling for $300 on ebay, disgusting! I'm all for capitalism but c'mon. Disney creates these issues, why don't they just make more bags? Also for all they do well, their IT department really sucks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts