Minnie Van needs work

DisCopper

DIS Veteran
We tried to get a Minnie Van from Boardwalk to Disney Springs. The App just never found a driver in the area.

Sure, they're just starting this, but seriously, don't run it from a Deluxe resort if you're still working out the kinks.

Bell Services gave us a number to call: I got a message saying all cast members were busy. No one ever picked up.

Don't rely on this if you need to get somewhere on time.

I wonder if this indicates a scheduling (as in not enough available drivers at that particular time) or a popularity issue? I guess its pretty much the same thing though. They either didn't have enough or they underestimated the demand for then. :car:

I wonder if this indicates a scheduling (as in not enough available drivers at that particular time) or a popularity issue? I guess its pretty much the same thing though. They either didn't have enough or they underestimated the demand for then. :car:

Good point, OP, what time were you trying to get a van?

We tried to get a Minnie Van from Boardwalk to Disney Springs. The App just never found a driver in the area.
No MV available...or the ETA was too long?

I've said all along that scale would be the problem with MV. If you offer the service, you have to have the capacity. Hopefully they'll get it ironed out.

I love your avatar. You heard about the Kissimmee officer, right?

ETA: Now two officers dead.

Last edited:

I've been told that they are not using all vehicles at this time and that as it rolls out additional vehicles will be added, along with additional drivers, of course.
Not that it solves OP's problem but it may explain in part why there wasn't a driver available. This won't be an ongoing problem necessarily but it is an issue during the initial roll out.
I would for sure report it

I've been told that they are not using all vehicles at this time and that as it rolls out additional vehicles will be added, along with additional drivers, of course.
Not that it solves OP's problem but it may explain in part why there wasn't a driver available. This won't be an ongoing problem necessarily but it is an issue during the initial roll out.
I would for sure report it

Now that we're seeing some issues with the service, it might actually be hard to say. I mean, I'm not paying $20 for a car service that I can ride the bus/boat/monorail for free for. But this will definitely give us an idea of what things are going to look like if enough people queue up for the service. I could imagine that this might get a little ugly if a "Van" shows up and 2 families who both requested one both get up and go for it. Now I'm sure the driver will know who they're giving the ride to, but it could be ugly at first.

Now that we're seeing some issues with the service, it might actually be hard to say. I mean, I'm not paying $20 for a car service that I can ride the bus/boat/monorail for free for. But this will definitely give us an idea of what things are going to look like if enough people queue up for the service. I could imagine that this might get a little ugly if a "Van" shows up and 2 families who both requested one both get up and go for it. Now I'm sure the driver will know who they're giving the ride to, but it could be ugly at first.
The guest will know too, as their app will show them the tag number of the vehicle they are scheduled to use. Yes they'll have to pay attention but that's on them to do so.

We used it many times this week and it worked wonderfully each time. It gives you the number of the van coming and how many minutes it will be there. The longest we had to wait was 4 minutes. They are trying it out to see if it works - there will be problems but hopefully they will work it out. It worked great for us as we are a family of 6 and we fit perfectly.

The guest will know too, as their app will show them the tag number of the vehicle they are scheduled to use. Yes they'll have to pay attention but that's on them to do so.

Right, I understand that.

That said...

You're gonna have the snowflakes that don't and it'll get heated. Asking some people to pay attention for something while in WDW? That's asking a lot sometimes.

No MV available...or the ETA was too long?

I've said all along that scale would be the problem with MV. If you offer the service, you have to have the capacity. Hopefully they'll get it ironed out.

I love your avatar. You heard about the Kissimmee officer, right?

ETA: Now two officers dead.

Yes, I've watched that. Terrible.

An update:
We tried to get the ride at 5:00pm. The app just didn't show any cars in the area at all. Closed/re-opened it multiple times and nothing. I talked to the resort and they gave me a number to call: that just resulted in me being on hold so long that I hung up.

After dinner, we tried again and it worked fine. Driver gave us a Fast Pass for the problem. He said that all the cars were probably in use during the first request... they are that busy.

Now I'm sure the driver will know who they're giving the ride to, but it could be ugly at first.
Yes, the driver has the account holder's name (or nickname) and with Lyft, we usually also have a picture of the account holder.

Yes, the driver has the account holder's name (or nickname) and with Lyft, we usually also have a picture of the account holder.

Well, the van service is through Lyft. So that makes sense. Again, we all know the mentality of people with vacation entitlement, so that's why I've thrown in my 2 cents.

Well, the van service is through Lyft. So that makes sense. Again, we all know the mentality of people with vacation entitlement, so that's why I've thrown in my 2 cents.
There will also be a learning curve with the drivers, who are all new to this kind of work -- and the fact that the vehicles all have the same wrap will complicate matters. But they'll soon learn to not only ask the rider their name, but also to ask where they are going for double confirmation that they have the right rider. It's the driver's responsibility to get the right rider. They'll make a mistake or two along the way, but they'll get there. It's not rocket surgery.

There will also be a learning curve with the drivers, who are all new to this kind of work -- and the fact that the vehicles all have the same wrap will complicate matters. But they'll soon learn to not only ask the rider their name, but also to ask where they are going for double confirmation that they have the right rider. It's the driver's responsibility to get the right rider. They'll make a mistake or two along the way, but they'll get there. It's not rocket surgery.

What's rocket surgery? lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter